The Appleman : The Return of the Jedi (part 3)

Yoppappop

I think that my favourite fruit are cherrys- ah, and pinneapples. Are there any other pineapple lovers out there?:wink2: I suppose it would be fitting- if you're apples you like pineapples......how corny is that?!:roftl::thumbdown:

EnFa is the pineapple lover in this thread. But she doesn't post much anymore. :(

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mango is good. Although me and my sister found a mango tree when we were in the Caribbean with lots of mango's on the floor underneath it so we decided to take a few to eat.

We tried one and it was rock hard and didn't taste mango-like in the slightest so we left the others a few days to ripen. The next day they were still rock hard but covered in mould. :sneaky2:

We decided that maybe it wasn't a mango tree after all and we were just eating some random yellow/green plant things off the side of the road :blink:

It's the stringyness of them *shudder* they just don't have a very food-like texture!

I love almost all fruits and almost all salady things but hardly any vegetables. Potatoes and sweetcorn is about all I can manage. Carrots occasionally but I was slightly put off them after a carrot-related vomiting incident last year...ugh.

Potatoes are not vegetables:wink2: so you can cross that off your list:naughty:

Ok you need to reprogram your brain regarding carrots......think carrot cake.......yum..........carrot cake.......feel your lids being very heavy.......carrot cake.......sweet.........moist..........delicious..........one two three SLEEP

Are you convinced yet?:thumb_yello:

I love all fruit and veg, but sadly I like crap too.

Mango, what about mango? mmmm And Sharon Fruit.

yes I have that same problem: I love some of the unhealthy stuff a bit too much as well.....

Oh yes mango and sharon fruit!! I love sharon fruit!!

But they try and pass as tomatoes, the sneaky little things:sneaky2:

Potatoes are not vegetables:wink2: so you can cross that off your list:naughty:

Ok you need to reprogram your brain regarding carrots......think carrot cake.......yum..........carrot cake.......feel your lids being very heavy.......carrot cake.......sweet.........moist..........delicious..........one two three SLEEP

Are you convinced yet?:thumb_yello:

yes I have that same problem: I love some of the unhealthy stuff a bit too much as well.....

Oh yes mango and sharon fruit!! I love sharon fruit!!

But they try and pass as tomatoes, the sneaky little things:sneaky2:

Um..well I can see where you're coming from but I HATE carrot cake so that's not gonna help me in the slightest :naughty:

Besides cake and biscuits I'm not that much into unhealthy food.

I don't like sweets, I don't like chocolate, I don't like chips I don't like crisps....

Mango is good. Although me and my sister found a mango tree when we were in the Caribbean with lots of mango's on the floor underneath it so we decided to take a few to eat.

We tried one and it was rock hard and didn't taste mango-like in the slightest so we left the others a few days to ripen. The next day they were still rock hard but covered in mould. :sneaky2:

We decided that maybe it wasn't a mango tree after all and we were just eating some random yellow/green plant things off the side of the road :blink:

Oh Jennie that story is hilarious:roftl: "some random yellow/green plant things off the side of the road "

Love it

It is interesting how all kinds of fruits and vegetables are called in different languages.

For example in Hebrew a potato would be called in translation "ground apple".. Apple in the ground.. A bit morbid..

(apple = tapuach, potato = tapuach adama)

Back to the tomato, in Hebrew it is called agvania while agvan means "lustful, sensual".

And I also checked the Hebrew bible and there is really no mention of any apple, only of fruit, or a tree fruit.. As tomatoes don`t grow on tree neither so it doesn`t seem logical to me too.. Well maybe in those times (not that I believe in these stories) tomatoes grew on trees..

It is interesting how all kinds of fruits and vegetables are called in different languages.

For example in Hebrew a potato would be called in translation "ground apple".. Apple in the ground.. A bit morbid..

Back to the tomato, in Hebrew it is called agvania while agvan means "lustful, sensual".

And I also checked the Hebrew bible and there is really no mention of any apple, only of fruit, or a tree fruit.. As tomatoes don`t grow on tree neither so it doesn`t seem logical to me too.. Well maybe in those times (not that I believe in these stories) tomatoes grew on trees..

In Dutch they do the same thing (and I'm fairly confident that it's the same in German): the potato is called the "earth apple".

Oh Jennie that story is hilarious:roftl: "some random yellow/green plant things off the side of the road "

Love it

Well we'd been there for a month at that point and were trying to blend in with the locals as much as we could and they all seemed to go along picking random fruits up and eating them..or selling them on the beaches. At least they weren't poisonous! whatever they were...

Same in French, pomme de terre?

yes, true, true!!

Well we'd been there for a month at that point and were trying to blend in with the locals as much as we could and they all seemed to go along picking random fruits up and eating them..or selling them on the beaches. At least they weren't poisonous! whatever they were...

Haha, imagine it was some inedible sh!t, and the locals saw you pick them up, they must have had such a laugh at the 2 foreign girls eating any old thing that they found:roftl:

Jennie we've got the same tastes in fruit (although I like melon too), but I don't know where you're coming from on the no sweets/chocolate/chips/crisps. I've never heard of such madness! :shocked:

I know, it's unheard of.

I mean, who doesn't like crisps, chips, chocolates.......Madness indeed I tell you:thumbdown: No wonder the world is going so wrong

Oh and my latest thing is pomegranate. Yummm

I love pomegranate! Also the pomegranate juice.

I use to steal them when I was in Israel.

Has anyone ate the cactus fruit?

Opuntia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opuntia

It is very common in Israel and they say that Israelis are like this cactus fruit: hard and prickly on the outside but soft and sweet inside. Rather pathetic, isn`t it?

yeah it comes from papa in inca which was also the name of the pontife in Italy, it was the holy food, no bright color (= no passion = no sex=the Clergy loved it!!) la pomme de terre is the opposite of the evil tomato,lol...

history and facts and nothing else.

and@ sari, I LOVE LOVE pinapples and i totally dont like apples I agree with the person who said it was tough to find a good apple...

yeah it comes from papa in inca which was also the name of the pontife in Italy, it was the holy food, no bright color (= no passion = no sex=the Clergy loved it!!) la pomme de terre is the opposite of the evil tomato,lol...

history and facts and nothing else.

and@ sari, I LOVE LOVE pinapples and i totally dont like apples I agree with the person who said it was tough to find a good apple...

HAHAHA! "The evil tomato!":roftl: :roftl:

HAHAHA! "The evil tomato!":roftl: :roftl:

yeah, lol and the first man who ate a tomato did it on the Agora...in front of hundreds of people (just like a mini gig) because everyone thought he was crazy and he would die straight away after he had eaten it....

oh you no it's a bit off topic but with some friends it's a shock to our system@ being in love , lol, you know?

Really? I didn`t know that. They must have stolen it from Hebrew!

Actually, maybe it's just some weird Dutch fixation, as I just realised that they also call pineapples "sinas" apples or similar (not sure about the spelling) or what the sinas means, so .......

I mean, who doesn't like crisps, chips, chocolates.......Madness indeed I tell you:thumbdown: No wonder the world is going so wrong

...I'm sorry, did you just say that I'm the reason behind the world going so wrong :shocked:

If I wasn't so nice I could take offence :naughty:

I can eat chips, I just don't really like them much so only eat them if there isn't anything else to eat. Crisps..again it's the texture. Doesn't seem natural for food. Chcolate - I can eat chocolate flavoured things just not solid choclate, again it's the texture. I think I can see a pattern forming. :blink: Maybe it's some psychological thing ...

Fascinating, hehe..

But what has a pineapple to do with an apple? And what with a pine?? In all the decent languages it is called ananas.

i no that pinapple is the very first name of the fruit...then came ananas because i could be wrong but i think nanas =spines or something...

It's the stringyness of them *shudder* they just don't have a very food-like texture!

I love almost all fruits and almost all salady things but hardly any vegetables. Potatoes and sweetcorn is about all I can manage. Carrots occasionally but I was slightly put off them after a carrot-related vomiting incident last year...ugh.

I used to love mushrooms (I know that mushrooms are neither fruit nor vegetable) but I had a vomitting incident with them so now I don`t take that in my mouth.. My mother called me to work: "Me and dad were in the woods and we picked some mushrooms, do you want to come for dinner?" Which ended in a both-way natural clyster.. sorry if I`m too naturalistic. I felt like a wet leaf.

...I'm sorry, did you just say that I'm the reason behind the world going so wrong :shocked:

If I wasn't so nice I could take offence :naughty:

I can eat chips, I just don't really like them much so only eat them if there isn't anything else to eat. Crisps..again it's the texture. Doesn't seem natural for food. Chcolate - I can eat chocolate flavoured things just not solid choclate, again it's the texture. I think I can see a pattern forming. :blink: Maybe it's some psychological thing ...

Ah don't take it badly, you know I love you:wub2: - it was a joke:thumb_yello:

I wish I had your psychological thing....my thighs and in general all the fat in my body would be looking for a new home soon!

Fascinating, hehe..

But what has a pineapple to do with an apple? And what with a pine?? In all the decent languages it is called ananas.

Not sure about the apple part, but it looks like a pine cone.

1088901733_c105e1db43.jpg