The Appleman : The Return of the Jedi (part 3)

Yoppappop

I can barely hold down a real job either.

On top of playing in my hometown on a quarterly basis, inviting me to champagne receptions and being available for hugs and non-stop nattering, I think Mika should also offer me full-time employment.

I paid $9.99 for his album and I'm a really big fan. I expect something in return for my loyalty and support.

I paid $17.88 for his album, I "deserve" (or "need" :naughty:) more. :mf_rosetinted:

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I paid $17.88 for his album, I "deserve" (or "need" :naughty:) more. :mf_rosetinted:

Oh yes, you definitely qualify under Mika's strict criterion of "need". You can expect a wristband for the next brain breaking experience. :thumb_yello:

Nah, you guys are cheap-skates. I deserve employment by Mika's team more.

I have paid for 2 UK, 2 US, 7 Japanese, 1 Taiwanese, I Chinese and 1 French edition of his album (the French was the most expensive actually).

I also have all the singles, all the promos and most of the remixes, and all the 7" vinyls. Plus T shirts, hoodies, badges, and posters. (No posters on my walls though...)

All of which will be sold one day to put my kids through college.:naughty:

I can barely hold down a real job either.

On top of playing in my hometown on a quarterly basis, inviting me to champagne receptions and being available for hugs and non-stop nattering, I think Mika should also offer me full-time employment.

I paid $9.99 for his album and I'm a really big fan. I expect something in return for my loyalty and support.

Har har.

Well, considering how well my last Thread of Demands panned out, maybe I should start a Mika You Should Hire Me thread.

-I'm willing to move to London and I already live close to NY

-If I don't have to relocate, he can pay me less due to the rate of exchange

-I would expect a relatively modest salary, plus I don't think he can pay me less than what I'm making now if he tried (no, literally... I think by law he has to pay me more)

-If the MFC finally becomes official, I could be his official fan liaison. I could:

* scan the forums regularly and give him condensed reports of fan mindsets/fan reception of and reaction to various events

* offer my brilliant suggestions, which you've all seen are brilliantly brilliant

* mediate fan reaction and manage fan expectations if I see misunderstandings happen or if I see overgrown entitlement, by subtly suggesting that people ought to simmer down and that they're being unreasonable

* conduct surveys, both among fans and with random street-samples, of what should be the next single, for Mika's consideration (I know they do market surveys too, but I could help!)

* MANAGE the damn queue if they're willing to fly me around to concerts

* help organize/brainstorm any MFC contests they want to run, and keep people informed on things, so there's not the issue of confusion like what we had before

* drum up interest and publicity for Mika on other sites and blogs before a show

* possibly write articles for MikaManiacs (I know I said I'd do this already and haven't yet--but that's because currently I have other things to do)

-Now, this would all work best if I was a SECRET liaison, and I think I could get a few of you to vouch for my discretion

-Also, I wouldn't even have to change how I post on MFC all that much, so I'd avoid suspicion, especially since I joke about working for him anyways :mf_rosetinted:

-I lost where I was going with this.

Oh yes! My "list of reasons" is actually based on what he may need rather than what I may need. So there! I'm selfless and angelic too.

:naughty:

--Jack

Nah, you guys are cheap-skates. I deserve employment by Mika's team more.

I have paid for 2 UK, 2 US, 7 Japanese, 1 Taiwanese, I Chinese and 1 French edition of his album (the French was the most expensive actually).

I also have all the singles, all the promos and most of the remixes, and all the 7" vinyls. Plus T shirts, hoodies, badges, and posters. (No posters on my walls though...)

All of which will be sold one day to put my kids through college.:naughty:

We're talking "need" not "deserve" here, BS, as that's how Mika referred to the after so-called party bands. :fisch:

But what you might "need" is an eBay account. :naughty:

:shocked: I hadn't even intended to buy LICM. I don't even know where my CD is at the moment.

Har har.

Well, considering how well my last Thread of Demands panned out, maybe I should start a Mika You Should Hire Me thread.

-I would expect a relatively modest salary, plus I don't think he can pay me less than what I'm making now if he tried (no, literally... I think by law he has to pay me more)

-If the MFC finally becomes official, I could be his official fan liaison. I could:

* scan the forums regularly and give him condensed reports of fan mindsets/fan reception of and reaction to various events

* offer my brilliant suggestions, which you've all seen are brilliantly brilliant

* mediate fan reaction and manage fan expectations if I see misunderstandings happen or if I see overgrown entitlement, by subtly suggesting that people ought to simmer down and that they're being unreasonable

* conduct surveys, both among fans and with random street-samples, of what should be the next single, for Mika's consideration (I know they do market surveys too, but I could help!)

* help organize/brainstorm any MFC contests they want to run, and keep people informed on things, so there's not the issue of confusion like what we had before

* drum up interest and publicity for Mika on other sites and blogs before a show

* possibly write articles for MikaManiacs (I know I said I'd do this already and haven't yet--but that's because currently I have other things to do)

-Now, this would all work best if I was a SECRET liaison, and I think I could get a few of you to vouch for my discretion

-Also, I wouldn't even have to change how I post on MFC all that much, so I'd avoid suspicion, especially since I joke about working for him anyways :mf_rosetinted:

Oh yes! My "list of reasons" is actually based on what he may need rather than what I may need. So there! I'm selfless and angelic too.

--Jack

If I were Donald Trump and Mika's manager I'd reverse my motto and say "you're hired!".

But sadly (?) I'm not a toupee-wearing billionaire managing an eccentric pop musician.

:shocked: I hadn't even intended to buy LICM. I don't even know where my CD is at the moment.

You may well laugh at me, but I had to make a MIKA Excel file to keep track of what I have, or I will start getting second and third copies of stuff. Well I started it when I already did buy seconds of some things.:blink:

Privet, neploho!

I actually know all this about the Torah already, 'cause I'm part Jewish. Also, I like being a smartass. I remain proud of the day when we had a whole lot of rabbinical students on campus who had this booth set up, where if you asked them a question they'd give you a candy (I think it was a way for them to study for exams) and I stumped 2 of them with a question about niddah laws. They told me they'd consult with a rabbi and get back to me, but they never did...

--Jack

Haha, they must have been ashamed that they are supposed to believe in those non-sense rules about nida.. like a man cannot take a glass of water from the hand of a menstruating woman. Unbelievable that there are still people keeping these ilogical mysogynic rules in the 21st century. You should have asked them about stoning of sodomaim (homosexuals) but it would be a bit risky for you, maybe some of them would pick up a rock.. Instead giving you a candy to shut your cheeky mouth.

Do you speak Hebrew? Have you been to Israel?

Why did you let the Oscar Wilde thread die?

Be-bracha,

If the MFC finally becomes official, I could be his official fan liaison.

I've always thought he should have this (although I thought is should be me of course :sneaky2: ), but now I think it is a necessity.

Haha, they must have been ashamed that they are supposed to believe in those non-sense rules about nida.. like a man cannot take a glass of water from the hand of a menstruating woman. Unbelievable that there are still people keeping these ilogical mysogynic rules in the 21st century. You should have asked them about stoning of sodomaim (homosexuals) but it would be a bit risky for you, maybe some of them would pick up a rock.. Instead giving you a candy to shut your cheeky mouth.

Do you speak Hebrew? Have you been to Israel?

Why did you let the Oscar Wilde thread die?

Be-bracha,

Haha, oh nooo, they fully believed in and observed those rules. I asked them a question about a subset of niddah rules and something about why they did not apply to semen... sadly, I forget what. It was a good question! It had something to do with the Talmudic interpretation of the role of death in the formation of niddah guidelines. I was a lot more up on my obscure Jewish lore at the time, though.

I do not speak Hebrew and have never been to Israel though. I am currently not very fond of Israel as a country, so do not have all that much desire to visit. I did consider going on one of those Heritage trips that pay your way, but that seemed duplicitous, since I'm pretty sure everyone else there would be "Yay Israel!"

It is well that the Wilde thread died, I spend too much time posting here as it is! :roftl:

I've always thought he should have this (although I thought is should be me of course :sneaky2: ), but now I think it is a necessity.

Should I start a petition? :fisch:

--Jack

oh, and about kely/pam, pam/kelzy : one word... not even : 2 letters : PM :thumb_yello: but only if you want to clear the situation... if not, then don't PM... but don't talk about it here either ! :thumb_yello:

EDIT : i'm not kicking anyone off of this thread or any other thread, i just don't make my laundry in public, and would expect other people not to do it either... question of respect imo... for instance, when Kelzy asked if it was a joke, i would have replied through PM not to make the story public... (that's what i wrote in PM to who contacted me, but i thought it would be of public interest)

Har har.

--Jack

How do you know a secret liason officer hasn't already been appointed?

How do you know a secret liason officer hasn't already been appointed?

& Allegra is the headmaster:cool:

{I'll probably be killed by her majesty the very high woman for this}:naughty:

Something I have been wondering about lately, is Batman gay?

mmmm:roftl:

well, he's at least bi :mf_rosetinted: if not entirely gay... i mean come on !!! those tights !!!!

I was more thinking of his dubious relationship with Robin who always seems to be with him or around him.

I am thinking more ot the Batman and Robin from the 60's Adam West and Burt Ward, I think?

I was more thinking of his dubious relationship with Robin who always seems to be with him or around him.

I am thinking more ot the Batman and Robin from the 60's Adam West and Burt Ward, I think?

batmanrobin.jpg

what a lovely couple..Robin was so cute:wub2:

Darn! That's where I've been going wrong all these years.

The number of times I've heard "hold on, I just want to put on my mask and sort these tights out" :sneaky2:

Oh I've heard about those kind of men:naughty: