HollyD

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well, it's true!

i love New York. :D

and yes, when you are stuck wasting away in a rinky-dink small town, where no one has heard of Mika OR Queen...obsession of the big city sets in. :naughty:

True, you do live in isolation, as I've said before.

:naughty:

Probably shrivel up and die like most people that know me.:blush-anim-cl:

And don't fall for the whole "I'm deaf, gimme money" thing. Some guy came up, tapped me on the shoulder, and held up a sign saying that. I shook my head no, and he walked away. Then I yelled "HEY!" and he turned around to look at me. I smiled, he looked pissed, and walked away.

How clever. I would have never thought of doing that.

SORRY..... people, but we cannot post any pics until SUNDAY cause this computer is all locked up! :( Oh well..... you will get a whole story on Sunday! :lmao: Jess is on her way to the hotel! So, we are about to meet her FINALLY! I knew Jess WAYYYYY before I knew Mika - thanks to Farrokh :huglove:

Alex and I just got back from Times Square!!!! All I can say is :shocked:

That was AMAZING! We went to Madame Tussads Wax Museum..... and we got some REALLY good pics! :naughty:

We went by Terminal 5 to see it :wub2: and we also saw the Nokia Theatre and some other places that Mika has played; The Virgin Megastore and Borders!!!

We cannot wait for tomorrow!!!!! :punk:

SORRY..... people, but we cannot post any pics until SUNDAY cause this computer is all locked up! :( Oh well..... you will get a whole story on Sunday! :lmao: Jess is on her way to the hotel! So, we are about to meet her FINALLY! I knew Jess WAYYYYY before I knew Mika - thanks to Farrokh

Alex and I just got back from Times Square!!!! All I can say is :shocked:

That was AMAZING! We went to Madame Tussads Wax Museum..... and we got some REALLY good pics!

We went by Terminal 5 to see it :wub2: and we also saw the Nokia Theatre and some other places that Mika has played; The Virgin Megastore and Borders!!!

We cannot wait for tomorrow!!!!! :punk:

Hey Holly :huglove:

I am so glad to hear you are having a good time in New York. I remember when I was there a few years ago and we stayed jus round the corner from times square! It is an amazing place, make the most of it!!! I am so envious of u, cos not only are u going to be seeing Mika VERY soon but you are also in New York! Have a great time hun and I cant wait for your report of the gig! (btw, new poem up in rambling thread :wink2:)

Hugs

Liz xxx

How clever. I would have never thought of doing that.

The deaf thing? Or the yelling to see if he turned around thing?

None the less, I hate New York.

The whole freakin' state.

If that had been me, I'd have started talking to that dude in sign. I'm sure that would catch him off guard as well...

Well it was sort of creepy! He was a big, masculine, manly man. And he was dressed all street thug-ish. And then he had this wimpy little sign that said "I'm deaf. Give me money?" or something like that. I said "No, sorry." and he rolled his eyes and walked away.

THE MUSHROOM of course.

Sorryyyyy, had to do it. You understand.

Well it was sort of creepy! He was a big, masculine, manly man. And he was dressed all street thug-ish. And then he had this wimpy little sign that said "I'm deaf. Give me money?" or something like that. I said "No, sorry." and he rolled his eyes and walked away.

Sorryyyyy, had to do it. You understand.

I hate you. :mf_rosetinted:

If I was an impolite person and wouldn't mind getting my butt kick, I would have given him the finger and said, "Do you know what this means in sign language?"

Then I'd run away.....

....really, really, fast.

I hate you. :mf_rosetinted:

If I was an impolite person and wouldn't mind getting my butt kick, I would have given him the finger and said, "Do you know what this means in sign language?"

Then I'd run away.....

....really, really, fast.

I doubt you could have outrun (outran?) him. He was huge.

You can't even tollerate my Alice in Wonderland jabs. I doubt you'd deal well with a knife in your ribs.:mf_rosetinted:

OMFG the gig was a m a z i n g we got to meet him before the gig he didnt sighn anything or take pics with us cuz he was to busy but he answered questions and everything! he also said that if we raid the stage security wont be able to stop us! and u know us mfcers and how we actually listen to hints like that and we all jumped up on to the stage hahaha security tried stopping us at first but then they just gave up and at one point they actually helped me up lol! i was dancing side by side to mika!!!!!!!

I doubt you could have outrun (outran?) him. He was huge.

You can't even tollerate my Alice in Wonderland jabs. I doubt you'd deal well with a knife in your ribs.:mf_rosetinted:

I couldn't figure out which form of 'run' to use either. Tricky word.

Whatever, I'm a speed demon.

• 2 months later...

OMG!!! I was just looking through this old thread................

aaahhhh the memories!

It was a great idea in theory to have a thread going while we were there, and post pics and stuff as it was happening..... BUT the stupid hotel computer was locked and we could not post pics. After all that nagging I did to Alex to BRING HER CORD - and we could not even use it :sneaky2:

oooohhhh.....the memories!!!!!

I will NEVER forget my trip to NYC or 2/2/08

thank you MIKA and all of the fabulous MFCers

and my Best Friend Lucy!!!! :huglove:

OMG!!! I was just looking through this old thread................

aaahhhh the memories!

It was a great idea in theory to have a thread going while we were there, and post pics and stuff as it was happening..... BUT the stupid hotel computer was locked and we could not post pics. After all that nagging I did to Alex to BRING HER CORD - and we could not even use it :sneaky2:

oooohhhh.....the memories!!!!!

I will NEVER forget my trip to NYC or 2/2/08

thank you MIKA and all of the fabulous MFCers

and my Best Friend Lucy!!!! :huglove:

awwww lol:wub2: i was like wat the hell?!?!?:blink:

ooo and holly! (i am probably the last one to realize this since this is the first time i have been on here since before florida) THEY CHANGED THE MFC!!! there used to be an account button next to forums and now it is user cp:shocked:WHAT HAPPENED? WHEN? WHY????

Alex - we can use this thread when we go to NYC in June!!!! And this time we can stay at a hotel where we can actually post the pictures while we are actually there this time!!!!!