why?

sarah90

I`m agree about the thinks that you said about over my shoulder

but ERASE :shocked: come on girl!!

"We never had time to go to sleep, we’d wake up tangled in the sheets, on a bed, that we called home"

:wub2:

I know that erase isnt the best song on the album..but I was just wondering why I never heard anything about it..and why I found no video of mika performing it on youtube..:wink2:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Erase, had it on in the car on the way to Doncaster, which surprised Andy, 'til I told him I had the import CD with that and Your Sympathy on it.

He asked if I liked it and I told him that I did, can't remember if he was filming at the time, so whether Mika got that feedback or not I have no idea.

But I would imagine he doesn't perform it as it's not on the UK version of the album, so we wouldn't be as familiar with it.

I`m agree about the thinks that you said about over my shoulder

but ERASE :shocked: come on girl!!

"We never had time to go to sleep, we’d wake up tangled in the sheets, on a bed, that we called home"

:wub2:

I'm sorry but I really don't like this song. I'm actually glad it isn't on my LICM version, it spares me the skipping. IMO, everything about this song is bad: lyrics and melody. It's cheesy, cheap, it's supermarket music. *Hides in a corner waiting for stones to be thrown at her* :naughty:

I love Erase, had it on in the car on the way to Doncaster, which surprised Andy, 'til I told him I had the import CD with that and Your Sympathy on it.

He asked if I liked it and I told him that I did, can't remember if he was filming at the time, so whether Mika got that feedback or not I have no idea.

But I would imagine he doesn't perform it as it's not on the UK version of the album, so we wouldn't be as familiar with it.

I may be the only one who does not know but...who is Andy?

Oh I thought you were talking about the chorus for "Zombie" :doh:

Yeah you're right, they are similar. I always thought the two melodies of these 2 songs are almost identical:

and Mika - "Lollipop"

Maybe it's just me..

i cant really find any similarity other than they are both called lollipop they both have totally different meanings to the song lol i think we can all agree on that one :naughty: mikas meaning is wayyyyy better though

i cant really find any similarity other than they are both called lollipop they both have totally different meanings to the song lol i think we can all agree on that one :naughty: mikas meaning is wayyyyy better though

I edited my post to say "the chorus' of the two songs..."

they are sort of similar

Oh I thought you were talking about the chorus for "Zombie" :doh:

Yeah you're right, they are similar. I always thought the chorus' of these 2 songs are almost identical:

and Mika - "Lollipop"

Maybe it's just me..

No, they are similar. For instance, the Chordettes' version's first word is "Lollipop", and on the "I" syllable they jump up a fourth step (if I'm not mistaken). On Mika's song, when he sings "suckin too hard", he jumps up a fourth step on the "hard" word (If I'm not mistaken). And then after the fourth interval they both have descending notes... So the melody is similar in that way... and that's as far as I'm gonna go for now. It sounds like there may be other similarities.

But not accusing him of plagiarism. :thumb_yello:

No, they are similar. For instance, the Chordettes' version's first word is "Lollipop", and on the "I" syllable they jump up a fourth step (if I'm not mistaken). On Mika's song, when he sings "suckin too hard", he jumps up a fourth step on the "hard" word (If I'm not mistaken). And then after the fourth interval they both have descending notes... So the melody is similar in that way... and that's as far as I'm gonna go for now. It sounds like there may be other similarities.

But not accusing him of plagiarism. :thumb_yello:

I am. :mf_rosetinted:

:naughty:

I am. :mf_rosetinted:

OK I think I figured out some:

The Chordettes' Lollipop starts on a D and Mika's starts on an A.

Then they both jump up a fourth step. Then they both go down a third step.

Then Mika's goes down another third while the Chordettes go down a fourth.

They both have another jump up in the chorus, but the Chordettes only go a third and Mika goes a fifth.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, music people! :punk:

OK I think I figured out some:

The Chordettes' Lollipop starts on a D and Mika's starts on an A.

Then they both jump up a fourth step. Then they both go down a third step.

Then Mika's goes down another third while the Chordettes go down a fourth.

They both have another jump up in the chorus, but the Chordettes only go a third and Mika goes a fifth.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, music people! :punk:

Ok I don't care that much :naughty:

Since we're on the subject, has anyone considered the similarities between Mika's "Erase" and "Angels" by Robbie Williams? Particularly the beginning, the piano-y start:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF8unwxhNho

FYI, "Erase" was co-written by Desmond Child, who has written loads and loads of "mainstream" music. I think that explains why, to me anyhow, "Erase" sounds a bit manufactured, a bit "Bon Jovi".

Check out the list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Desmond_Child_songs

Over My Shoulder is a lovely song, and beautiful, when sung with a Counter tennor to do the harmonies.

But I agree, it's not good in a gig because the fans are too excited and won't shut up and just listen.

It would be better sung in a TV studio, with Mika, his musicians, and a tennor singer and either

a controled audiance in a TV show.

http://www.brits.co.uk

I don't know when he played Erase last,or if he even played it in concert

And Yes,I like the song :naughty:

As for Over My Shoulder,the time he sang it at the Koko was amazing,but he did have help and if he were to sing it alone it would be really difficult,especially if he were to sing it at every gig. It would kill his throat eventually

I'm sorry but I really don't like this song. I'm actually glad it isn't on my LICM version, it spares me the skipping. IMO, everything about this song is bad: lyrics and melody. It's cheesy, cheap, it's supermarket music. *Hides in a corner waiting for stones to be thrown at her* :naughty:

I agree! I'm glad it's not on my version of the CD as well. As much as the chorus sticks in my head *bangs self on side of head to dislodge it. OUCH!* it just reminds me of an 80's power ballad, and i had way too much of them in the 80's.