2008 - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS for MIKA@ Terminal 5 in New York City: 02 Feb

Blue Sky

So friday night Becky, Danie, Marilyne and I were soooooooooooooooo ready for this. We were supposed to take the bus in Montréal at 11h45 pm and arrive in NYC at 7h30 am on saturday. There had been a HUGE snowstorm in Montréal this day but I was confident that we would make it to NYC, I kep telling myself that these huge buses can handle pretty much everything, plus the storm had calmed down a few hours before we left for the bus station.

So I packed my stuff, got ready and went to the bus station to meet with the girls. When I arrived there and walked towards the NYC gate, I saw Becky and Danie walking towards me... but something was wrong. They didn't have the huge smiles on their faces that any Mika fan would have in this situation. There was a rather sad expression on their faces. So I walked up to them and they told methe last thing I wanted to hear : "our bus is cancelled". Whaaaaatt ???? I was GUTTED. I didn't want to believe it. We went to the information booth and they told me that all the buses going to the USA were cancelled and that we would have to take the first one in the morning the next day, that was leaving Montréal at 7h45 am. And even then, she couldn't garantee that this bus wouldn't be cancelled and gave me a phone number to call at 6h00 am to know if the bus was cancelled or not.

All the happiness and excitement we were feeling had disappeared. We were sooooo sad and gutted, we felt like crying. The bus that we would have to take the next day would arrive in NYC at 4h15 pm IF everything goes well and IF it leaves the bus station at all ! So that meant we would be at the back of the venue or up in the balcony... We felt so sad at the idea that we would make a 9 hours or plus bus ride to be at the far end of the queue and see Mika from the back of the venue.

I called Marilyne who wasn't at the bus station yet to tell here that our bus was cancelled and that we would have to take the one on saturday morning. She was just as gutted as we were.

So we decided to go to my place, since I live two subway stations from the bus station and come back to the bus station first thing in the morning. I felt so bad for Becky who had to haul her heavy suitcase in the snow from Danie's place to the bus station, and now she had to haul it back to my place, only to haul it back to the bus station in the morning.

So with sad faces we went to my place...

(to be continued)

thanks for your report!! it makes you feel like you were there! I absolutely know what it must have felt like when you heard that the bus was cancelled!! like someone passed a dagger through your heart...

Yasmine saw me and was like : HEEEEEYYYY !!!! Glad to see you again !!! with a huge smile on her face (she's so sweet, I love her.... and must I say, one of the prettiest girl ever with an incredible sense of style). She asked me if I had driven all the way from Montréal so I said no I took the bus and told her our misadventures. She was like : omg really ? but now you're here so all is well ! Just after I said this, someone was trying to make his way in the hall where we were to go inside the costume room. I turn around to see who it is................................................................... and you guessed it, it was Mika.

He was just out of the shower so his hair was still wet, he had a towel around his neck and a toothbrush in his hand. (so no worries microphone, Mika does brush before a gig :naughty: ). He said hi to the other girls who were kinda :shocked: and then looked at me and his face lit up ! A huge smile came across his face and he said : HEEEEYYYY !!! How are you ???? So I kinda forgot all my troubles at that very moment and answered : Great !!!! you ??? with a huge smile on my face (I probably looked a little stupid at that very moment lol !!!). He seemed to be relaxed and in a very good mood, which I was happy about cause he didn't feel so good in Toronto. And then he said he was very happy to have me again on the show and said : So !!! are you gonna do your little dance again ? Do you have a partner yet ? (To those who don't know about my "little dance", in Montréal he made me come up with a 30 second dance routine to do in front of the stage and he loved it and made me do it again in Toronto... see vids and reports from Montréal and Toronto for more info). The other girls saw that he looked very excited about my "little dance" so they we're like : a dance ? a partner ? what ? teach me ! I'll be your partner !! (So yeah they became very friendly with me at that point.... :mf_rosetinted: )

So I said of course I'll do it again and I'll teach it to the girls. So he said : "ok brilliant !" and took the stuff he needed in the room and left to go to his dressing room. One of the girls wished him good luck and he looked at her and was like :boxed: ... so the girl said : whoops !!! that's bad luck right ? he said : yeah you're not supposed to say that ! (but still had a smile on his face, he wasn't mad at her at all lol)

So we got our costumes (and I've just noticed that all my paragraphs start with "so".... oh well) and we went upstairs in our rooms to get dressed...

(To be continued....)

mwahahaha mika coming out of the shower with a toothbrush!! that must have been quite a picture! :roftl:

u should have seen my suitace at the end of my UK trip... ALL RIPPED!

it was sooo scary to walk with it... :boxed:

I don't know how you managed that. I didn't think it would even survive the tube journey from mine to the airport! :blink:

Thanks for the report Vero. And again, I'm glad I read it once you'd (almost) finished with all those cliffhangers!

I just want doughnuts simple as :wink2:

Tell you what... they could have KEPT the doughnuts, if only they had

brought a HEAT LAMP! I was F'in' Freezin'! :naughty: When they brought

the hot chocolate I was ready to soak my feet in it, they were so cold! :shocked:

dcdeb

the hot chocolate I was ready to soak my feet in it, they were so cold! :shocked:

dcdeb

Worse than Glasgow???? :shocked:

dcdeb

Could not of been worse than Glasgow Ive never been as wet or cold

BTW ... Im joking here .. I loved the fact that you guys got goodies .. :thumb_yello:

You NYC fans are so spoiled.:wink2:

I bet you made a list of demands, and gave it to one of the roadies.

MFCers have to be the only people who have tour riders.:naughty:

Worse than Glasgow???? :shocked:

Yes! I wasn't that cold in Glasgow -- I was WET, but not that cold.

And I was wearing basically the same thing, same coat, same boots...

I think mostly it was because we were huddled together more in Glasgow. :)

Could not of been worse than Glasgow Ive never been as wet or cold

Well... I seem to recall a certain Braveheart who really ought to have

been wearing at least a COAT over his kilt... :naughty:

dcdeb

Yes! I wasn't that cold in Glasgow -- I was WET, but not that cold.

And I was wearing basically the same thing, same coat, same boots...

Well... I seem to recall a certain Braveheart who really ought to have

been wearing at least a COAT over his kilt... :naughty:

dcdeb

AND something under it :wink2::roftl:

VERO!!! Once again, thank you for the BRILLIANT report! I can't wait to read the rest! Oh, to be a Lollipop Girl three times! (Heck, or once!) :mf_lustslow:

mwahahaha mika coming out of the shower with a toothbrush!! that must have been quite a picture! :roftl:

*coughwouldlovetoseeapicturecough* :fisch:

heey, i'm back to brazil! =D it's great to be home. but i can't get the concert out of my head. i want more. =X lol.

found some photos of parts of me in stage, hahaha, well, better than nothing. =] and a 3 sec video of me jumping and dancing side by side with mika. *_*

i'm addicted to "how much do you love me". loved that song. *_* want the new album asap. [specially because he said that they might come to brazil on the tour of the next album, hope that happens!]