• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ohh Im just hunting Deano out :thumb_yello:

The main man has turned invisible ..

Relax take it easyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

<taps fingers>

oh... mmm.. i think i've heard that song before...

it sounds so familiar... how does it go again?

:naughty: :naughty:

Well Tokyo has just ticked over onto Tuesday too now....we wait...and wait...

and sing

"Whyyyyyy are we waiting...?":wink2:

I will expect some news in the morning then...if it is super exciting then will someone PM me please?

I know what you were thinking, as it says there :mf_rosetinted:

:naughty:

Thanks!!:biggrin2:

How is Yasmine's giftbook coming along?

lol, yup you really did :roftl: god, just shows how corrupted my brain is, and it's all the MFC's fault :fisch::fisch:

Oh I finished it and gave it to Yasmine, she loved it :wub2:

Eeeee!!

Just came to pop in before school... 7:10 Am here :naughty:

Aww I'm gonna miss MFC when its not official haha. So many memories from the non official times...

But so many to be made when we are official!!!! :yay:

Ahh! We're actually going to be mika's official fan club! That's magical! :blush-anim-cl: We're almost official mika fan clubbers :mf_rosetinted:official.

Okay I should go get ready, but I wont :naughty:

Suzy is a little surprised to see suggestions and recommendations regarding the fairness of distributing privileges. Suzy also had ideas to share that she posted 2 days ago, but was asked to delete them.

How was mine different?

I shared them with others through PM, but I don't know why mine was single out as not being appropriate to post on the forum.

:blink:

Ohh Im just hunting Deano out :thumb_yello:

The main man has turned invisible ..

Relax take it easyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

<taps fingers>

:hunter:

*tries to help freddie*

Deano my dear, i'm logged only waiting for this while i clean around the mess i left (and found) for london gigs... i'll stick to the pc ALL the afternoon and ALL the evening if i need too... wherever you are hiding remember WE WILL FIND YOU :mf_rosetinted:

:naughty::roll1::naughty:

People need to get the concept of bigger fan=entitlement out of their minds. Being a big fan has nothing to do with participation in the fan club and access to privileges.

Mika has 5 million fans and there is no way to objectively measure who is the biggest fan, so this concept of being a "big fan" is totally useless.

Fan club privileges should be awarded to the people who participate in the fan club because without the fan club the privileges would not exist.

I don't care if someone living in a small village in Siberia who won't join MFC until 2009 likes Mika as much or more than I do. I'm the one who has been donating to MFC to help ensure its continued existence. I am the one who contributes here by posting videos, photos and articles so that MFC is a source of information for fans. I am the one who signed a petition to help ensure that MFC would become the official fan club. I'm the one who saw Mika rise to success from 2006 because of people like me who actively supported him by purchasing concert tickets, CDs and spreading the word before many knew or cared who he was.

If you think it's "unfair" that someone like me gets consideration for special privileges over someone in Siberia who doesn't yet know about MFC and has never attended a Mika concert, then think about how unfair it's going to be if your chance to enjoy special privileges is virtually eliminated by this "big fan" concept.

Since we can't measure being a big fan, then we're going to have to assume that anyone who says they are a big fan is equally entitled to privileges as are all the other people who claim they are big fans. That means that tens or even hundreds of thousands of people could end up in a pool of "big fans" and something like an invitation to a secret gig will have to be issued by entirely random ballot. In other words, after all your commitment to the fan club and supporting Mika through the early stages of his career, your chances of seeing him at a secret gig are going to be not much better than your chances of winning the lottery.

I can't speak for others, but I find it difficult to imagine that people like Freddie and Wendi have been busting their asses to make this happen so that they can see themselves or the other active participants in MFC getting a 1 in 25,000 chance of attending a secret gig or whatever.

The assumption here is that many of us are going to be enjoying these privileges and not forfeiting them randomly to any one of millions of people who could come along next month and claim they are big Mika fans. If that's not the assumption, then I don't understand why people are getting so excited over the idea that we're becoming the official fan club, because as individuals we really have nothing to gain from it.

as 95% of the times, i agree with you Christine.

i think the time and money we spend here (not on mika, mind you...i'm sure somewhere else fans are spending money and time on Mika) should grant me some privileges, i do it with joy nevertheless i DO IT.

my Mika anniversary is today, my MFC anniversary will be in 9 days and i'd like to have this fidelity recognized.

of course i will accept anything they will decide for a fan in my position, as a fan my only wish is supporting Mika. But i didn't like passes being given away randomly in london for the after party WHICH WAS MEANT FOR MFC, and ppl coming out of the blue who prevented MFCers from greeting and congratulating Mika.

if i were an admin or someone with some 'power' in here, i would be very careful this is not going to happen again in the future.

As i'm sure now we will have loads of new fans registering...after what they saw in london, of course they think it's so easy to get a backstage pass now!

i'm sure also that ppl criticizing MFC so far will register to take advantage of being an MFCer....and will stay here just for privileges, without showing any generosity or sharing things.

i'm not saying i don't want new fans in here...no no! this fanclub needs to get huger, but some priorities had better to be listed.

this was an example and i hope i got what you wrote right.

sorry if i didn't sometimes my english comprehension fails.

Maybe. :boxed: But i don't want to have some privileges only because i'm here since april. There are so many huge fans of Mika who aren't MFCers. I don't think that being an MFCer should be THE point to have backstage passes,... And of course, if it was the case, people will know it quickly and will come here only for that.

Anyway, I don't think we should choose the rules. It's Mica and his management who can only decide. Mica must choose with the way he feels the things. Mica, i hope we don't put too much pressure on you. :naughty: But we should not forget that he can't make everybody happy.

Only him can decide! :wink2:

True. That may or may not be solved using a tier system or instituting a small fee to deter them.

But there's the flipside too: the "big fans" that aren't already members of the MFC that people here keep on defending will more likely join us now that we'll be Official.

Worth repeating. :thumb_yello:

Suzy is a little surprised to see suggestions and recommendations regarding the fairness of distributing privileges. Suzy also had ideas to share that she posted 2 days ago, but was asked to delete them.

How was mine different?

I shared them with others through PM, but I don't know why mine was single out as not being appropriate to post on the forum.

:blink:

I wondered that too - maybe there will be a new thread today - so

they dont mind discussions this close to the announcement! :blink:

I wondered that too - maybe there will be a new thread today - so

they dont mind discussions this close to the announcement! :blink:

Yeah Suzy, where is your post now? Why don't you share it? We have all been saying our 2 cents worth. Maybe just the night you posted was a bit hot and sweaty on here??:mf_rosetinted:

you really should post it again suzy :wink2: if its ok now, then well should be ok later on, plus i'm very interested in what everyone has to say bout the whole priviliges and stuff

Ha ha. Thanks ladies.:wub2: I will just choose to think it was because my suggestions were sooooo good. :naughty: By the way, Blue Sky, your suggestions were good too - just couldn't find it earlier to repost. Give me a moment.

My suggestion for a tier system is more like a points system.

This is just an example, but you could have

1 point for early membership on the forum

1 point for donating a certain amount, more points for more donations

1 point for coming from overseas to a gig

1 point for active poster on the forum

1 point for arriving early at the gig

etc.

And if you collect a certain number of points, you are eligible for a backstage pass or whatever other thing is decided. Eligible, not guaranteed.

Don't jump on me about what I am using in the example, the points could be for any number of things...

I think having barcoded or memory chipped membership cards so data can be stored in them would be great too. That way the person scanning could see stuff like whether this person was at certain gigs, whether they had received a backstage pass before, whether they donated etc.

I would not be volunteering to set up the barcode/chip info though, out of my league I am afraid.:blink:

And BTW where is FD this afternoon? Oh, it's your morning in the UK, isn't it? Must be having a busy work day, being Monday after gigging late last week...:mf_rosetinted:

This suggestion is worth repeating also... :wink2::thumb_yello:

So was mine :fisch::wink2:

I'm sure it is - sorry...I'm at work and I'm sneaking on when no one is looking - so I haven't had the opportunity to read thoroughly...give me a mo..:wink2:

I like these ideas.

I think the post count especially is important.

There are thousands of members that have been here for months that never post here. But by the veteran member rule they would be eligible for benefits. If they are shy, then it's another story, but we do have access to last log in, etc.

I feel regular activity just shows members are more interested in keeping this forum running. If I could look at it from Mika's point of view, considering how unfortunately dull MikaSounds is, which is why the petition existed in the first place, and with his Myspace page potentially advertising that MFC is the official place to go, regular posting with up-to-date information regarding Mika becomes extremely important. And obviously, regular posters are the ones that do that.

Wow...another fabulous opinion! :naughty:

Shouldn't we wait and see what the privileges will be before we start discussing who deserves them more? :wink2:

Hmmm..figures just when I point out that my earlier post was deleted, and now encouraged to repost again...and now discouraged to post again...

I see a pattern. :mf_rosetinted: