The Oldlings Thread (Part 10)

Diana

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's only Friday Morning here and y'all have already put me in the Gutter!!:naughty:

For a second the word 'sandwich' popped up in my mind. But that's not a very decent thought, is it? :das:

:lmao: :lmao: Friday night is now replaced by FRIDAY!!!!! :roftl:

I had a very near miss on my way home tonight.

Came round a long bend, and there was a pick-up

truck turning in the middle of the road. No where to

go, so jumped on the brakes - the car skidded all

over the road!! The guys in the pick-up just laughed

then drove off :furious:

Morons - I really hurt my shoulder trying to control the skid!!! :boxed:

Rose :shocked: A threesome - and its still Friday EVENING!!!! :shocked:

People, please, let's keep it clean:roftl:

I would never, well maybe, even consider such a thing.LOL!

:roftl: :roftl:

You know Wendi, I've been noticing a lot of that lately, total disregard for anyone else on the road.

I know van drivers have a bad name, and that's why I try not to do what the others do, but when people see you in a van they seem to take the idea that all van drivers are the same and several times recently, I've nearly ended up in a field to avoid people on the road.

It's crazy!

Are you okay? Did it shake you up a bit?

Yikes, I experience this crap everyday. I live off the 710 freeway in California. Now, the 710 freeway is the freeway that ends at the Port of Los Angeles and this is where most of the commerce comes into America. So, everyday, I have to battle 1000's of Big Rigs on my highway. It's so frustrating. They have no regards for the little cars. I've been cut off so many times and almost hit that it's ridiculous. It's gotten so dangerous now that the city is trying to figure out what to do about it. Whenever, I get to where I need to be, I'm so thankful that I made it there alive.

You know Wendi, I've been noticing a lot of that lately, total disregard for anyone else on the road.

I know van drivers have a bad name, and that's why I try not to do what the others do, but when people see you in a van they seem to take the idea that all van drivers are the same and several times recently, I've nearly ended up in a field to avoid people on the road.

It's crazy!

Are you okay? Did it shake you up a bit?

It was one of those flat bed pick-ups - it shook me up badly -

mainly because they were just so amused by it all. We were seconds

away from a nasty accident - but there again - they would not have

been injured - just me!!! :thumbdown:

I have seen bad van AND car drivers. I usually think the vans round here

tend to go quite fast is because, after speaking to a few making

deliveries to me, they have a very tight delivery schedule, and have

so many deliveries to make in a short space of time. I have a low

tolerance for bad driving - its usually speed, and impatience that

causes accidents. I did not even swear today - I was just so

shocked - BUT, if my bairns had been in the car I would have

gone daft!! I saw the vehicle about 30 mins later, when I was

talking to my son outside his shop. I had to stop him running after

the vehicle!!!! :roftl: :roftl:

Morons is exactly the word Wendi. Far too many of 'em on the road! Soem drive up my street at 60 mph and that's what I shout.

Evening anyway folks :)

Hi Shari xx

Yikes, I experience this crap everyday. I live off the 710 freeway in California. Now, the 710 freeway is the freeway that ends at the Port of Los Angeles and this is where most of the commerce comes into America. So, everyday, I have to battle 1000's of Big Rigs on my highway. It's so frustrating. They have no regards for the little cars. I've been cut off so many times and almost hit that it's ridiculous. It's gotten so dangerous now that the city is trying to figure out what to do about it. Whenever, I get to where I need to be, I'm so thankful that I made it there alive.

You have my admiration - the roads by you seem like madness -

and I could NOT drive there!!!

Wendi, it does seem to be most of the big rigs and delivery trucks that have no regard for anyone else. I acutally ran down someone that did that same thing to me once and he said, "Well, you shouldn't have been on the road." :shocked: OMG...they really feel like they own the road.

BTW- I ran down a cop who almost hit me. I chased him down for a couple miles down a dirt road. When he finally pulled over, I got out of my car and started yelling at him. I was so hot. I mean, he made me donut in the highway and didn't even pull over to see if I was okay. He looked so hurt and said, "he was sorry." I yelled, "Why didn't you pull over to see if I was okay." He was a rookie and stated that he was scared to death. I was like, if it had been the other way around, I would have been in handcuffs by now.

BTW- This cop is now 20 years on the force and recently ran into my Dad and asked how I was doing. :naughty:

You have my admiration - the roads by you seem like madness -

and I could NOT drive there!!!

hi everyone *waves* so what the subject tonight andy & rose :wub2: & sh*t drivers :thumbdown: well i dont drive but where i live is where our local primary school is so theres cars parked all over the place when its home time arghhhhh they do my nut in i even told some women if she parked her car up the pavement outside my house again i`d punch her lights out :sneaky2: well im sorry but im not having my kids walk out on the street so she can get her kids from school :shocked:

hi everyone *waves* so what the subject tonight andy & rose :wub2: & sh*t drivers :thumbdown: well i dont drive but where i live is where our local primary school is so theres cars parked all over the place when its home time arghhhhh they do my nut in i even told some women if she parked her car up the pavement outside my house again i`d punch her lights out :sneaky2: well im sorry but im not having my kids walk out on the street so she can get her kids from school :shocked:

I'm with you there Sheena, schoolrunners are horrendous. They don't care how or where they park and give you daggers looks if you get in their way.

I feel Carries wrath about to reign down on me for this:naughty:

One for the Friday night crew:

1. Pat Glenn, weightlifting commentator:

"And this is Gregoriava from Bulgaria. I saw her snatch this morning and it was amazing!"

2. New Zealand Rugby Commentator:

"Andrew Mehrtens loves it when Daryl Gibson comes inside of him."

3. Ted Walsh - Horse Racing Commentator:

"This is really a lovely horse. I once rode her mother."

4. Harry Carpenter at the Oxford-Cambridge boat race 1977:

"Ah, isn't that nice. The wife of the Cambridge President is kissing the cox of the Oxford crew."

5. US PGA Commentator:

"One of the reasons Arnie [Arnold Palmer] is playing so well is that, before each tee shot, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them..... Oh my god!! What have I just said??"

6. Carenza Lewis about finding food in the Middle Ages on 'Time Team Live' said:

"You'd eat beaver if you could get it."

7. A female news anchor who, the day after it was supposed to have snowed and didn't, turned to the weatherman and asked, "So Bob, where's that eight inches you promised me last night?" Not only did HE have to leave the set, but half the crew did too, because they were laughing so hard!

8. Steve Ryder covering the US Masters:

"Ballesteros felt much better today after a 69 yesterday."

9. Clair Frisby talking about a jumbo hot dog on Look North said:

"There's nothing like a big hot sausage inside you on a cold night like this."

10. Mike Hallett discussing missed snooker shots on Sky Sports:

"Stephen Hendry jumps on Steve Davis's misses every chance he gets."

11. Michael Buerk on watching Phillipa Forrester cuddle up to a male astronomer for warmth during BBC1's UK eclipse coverage remarked:

"They seem cold out there, they're rubbing each other and he's only come in his shorts."

12. Ken Brown commentating on golfer Nick Faldo and his caddie Fanny Sunneson lining-up shots at the Scottish Open:

"Some weeks Nick likes to use Fanny, other weeks he prefers to do it by himself."

Posted on a Dutch forum tonight 'to feed the Friday night mood'. :naughty: