The Oldlings Thread (Part 10)

Diana

Not in my face he he he !!

sorry - just been off round the ether hunting discontinued china!!

Elle - have no idea where to start re Vabcouver as all the research I was doing was on GTA!!!

have got a rough guide to Vancouver and we may be over for a short visit in April!

if you need some help or info or anything ! please let me know!

:) ask any of us westcoasters! -stormy weather, calicojasmine , me!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not in my face he he he !!

sorry - just been off round the ether hunting discontinued china!!

Elle - have no idea where to start re Vabcouver as all the research I was doing was on GTA!!!

have got a rough guide to Vancouver and we may be over for a short visit in April!

No - mine :boxed:

Its not too nice - and I get a bit scared to be honest!!

Guess I just have to put up with it if I want my starter back!!

if you need some help or info or anything ! please let me know!

:) ask any of us westcoasters! -stormy weather, calicojasmine , me!

Will do - all I know so far is that he will probably be heading up the North AMerican sector of the company - based in Vancouver - first contract is with Greater Vancouver area re way / siagn marking - dont ask me!

so we need to be somewhere commutable to Vancouver city centre - any areas to avoid? ALso I would like to be near ski ing . . .

No - mine :boxed:

Its not too nice - and I get a bit scared to be honest!!

Guess I just have to put up with it if I want my starter back!!

oooh sorry Wendy - just keep strong on eyeball him!!

ELL - also need to be near a dog walking area . . . .

YOUR SISTER LIVES ON VANCOUVER ISLAND? WHAT CITY??????

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

I'm pretty sure I've told you this before Elle. She lives in Tofino, opposite the beach.:thumb_yello:

YES; WHERE?????

i loved vancouver island with all my heart....may i come with you chickadee?:naughty:

Of course you may come Robi! That would be so cool, I'll come visit you in Italy, then we can make a flying visit to see my sister and Elle on Vancouver Island! (Pipedream again! No money. Won't get to see my sister for a good 15-20 years at the rate we are going. Although she and her hubby came out here last year...)

Will do - all I know so far is that he will probably be heading up the North AMerican sector of the company - based in Vancouver - first contract is with Greater Vancouver area re way / siagn marking - dont ask me!

so we need to be somewhere commutable to Vancouver city centre - any areas to avoid? ALso I would like to be near ski ing . . .

Avoid most of East Vancouver and the East Side...its not safe, very dangerous, and probably the scariest part of any city in the world....otherwise its great:)

Avoid most of East Vancouver and the East Side...its not safe, very dangerous, and probably the scariest part of any city in the world....otherwise its great:)

ok - is that surrey??

some one said Bellcara (?) and abbotsford were nice - I was looking a bit further out

how far is Victoris to commute

ok - is that surrey??

some one said Bellcara (?) and abbotsford were nice - I was looking a bit further out

Burnaby is nice:) and Richmond if you don't mind planes

NORTH VANCOUVER IS REALLY NICE:)

just ask calico! its beautiful there and I stay there if I meat her because its like Victoria, and only a 20 minute sea bus ride from Metro Vancouver!

Victoria is about 4 hours away by car and ferry. for commuting not a great idea...but.........................VICTORIA IS GREAT PLACE TO VISIT :naughty: :naughty:

ok - is that surrey??

My sister's parents-in-law used to live in Surrey. VERY scary biscuits!!! They got out.

sheena! the first thing i asked my hubby was 'are we going to glasgow?' because i though to meet you all there!

but he loves teasing me...so he said 'NO!'

...............oh weLl, i suppose i should be grateful, as i'm visiting all the rest of scotland!

Robi, sorry i'm lost , when do you come?

Is it a special occassion?:wink2:

3 Weeks til Mika in London!:wub2::thumb_yello:

Not read many reviews..... liked yours though Candy :blush-anim-cl:

My sister's parents-in-law used to live in Surrey. VERY scary biscuits!!! They got out.

Surrey is a bit scary!!!!

Delta and Langely are nice:)

Tswassan is lovely! oooh West Vancouver is wonderful too if you don't mind monsoons

Hey - why am I worried Wendi - I quite happily wander round Brixton, Streatham & Galsgow!!!!

:thumb_yello:

i had a very scary sight of vancouver when we drove immediately around the canada centre...:shocked: :shocked: cannot believe such a nasty place! and the harbour is so amazing! :wub2:

and we tried a walk after dinner to the gas lighted street...a drunken man came to us and almost fell on my kids...we ran to the hotel (Delta vancouver btw!:wink2: ) as fast as we could! :naughty:

but i found all vancouver in its whole extremely charming, sea and skiing altogether! :thumb_yello:

sheena! the first thing i asked my hubby was 'are we going to glasgow?' because i though to meet you all there!

but he loves teasing me...so he said 'NO!'

...............oh weLl, i suppose i should be grateful, as i'm visiting all the rest of scotland!

Robi, sorry i'm lost , when do you come?

Is it a special occassion?:wink2:

3 Weeks til Mika in London!:wub2::thumb_yello:

Not read many reviews..... liked yours though Candy :blush-anim-cl:

vicky

we'll celebrate 20 years' marriage in september, so hubby is planning (flights already bought!) a trip to scotland from aug 24th to sept 3rd! :thumb_yello:

Burnaby is nice:) and Richmond if you don't mind planes

NORTH VANCOUVER IS REALLY NICE:)

just ask calico! its beautiful there and I stay there if I meat her because its like Victoria, and only a 20 minute sea bus ride from Metro Vancouver!

Victoria is about 4 hours away by car and ferry. for commuting not a great idea...but.........................VICTORIA IS GREAT PLACE TO VISIT :naughty: :naughty:

confirmed! :thumb_yello:

i would move to victoria, tomorrow! :wub2:

ok so which ones should I choose in my realtor search on this page:

http://www.mls.ca/map.aspx?AreaID=3547

avoid this area at all costs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downtown_Eastside

however: with the mls.ca:

Burnaby, Coquitlam, Ladner, Maple Ridge, North Vancouver, Port Moody,

Richmond, Tswassen, Vancouver West, West Vancouver

I'd go with these:)