The Oldlings Thread (Part 10)

Diana

For anyone who read back - my pot roast (£6 piece of brisket)

ended up ruined!!! :boxed: I went out to parents night - and for

once the girls did not raid the larder, or make anything for them-

selves to eat - so the things boiled dry - and I came in to a horrible

smell, and a very burnt pot!!!! :boxed:

From one hungry Oldling!!!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Wendi :thumb_yello: Fingers crossed for the car! I had the same problem when I was about to give birth to Ab..........I lived in dread of it not starting at the crutial time :shocked:

I did wish you a happy MFC birtday but just in case you didn't see it...congrats again!!!:naughty:

Hi Wendi :thumb_yello: Fingers crossed for the car! I had the same problem when I was about to give birth to Ab..........I lived in dread of it not starting at the crutial time :shocked:

I did wish you a happy MFC birtday but just in case you didn't see it...congrats again!!!:naughty:

Thank you kind Oldling!! :wub2:

As long as it starts before I go to London - I will be starting it early

so I have time to get a taxi if it decides not to start!!!!

So, I'm relaxing before I leave tonight. I have a HOT pad around my shoulders so hopefully, I'll start feeling Human again by tonight. I'm not going to let anything stop me from going tonight. NOTHING!!!

Charlotte! It's so close! :woot_jump:

Hey did I tell you that I've been getting emails from some women in SLC

who wanted to know if it was OK to take their 9 and 11 year olds to the

Mika show? They just googled "Mika" and this forum came up and they

saw I was a moderator, got my email address and contacted me!

It was a little surreal -- to have Mika mail coming to my real address! :naughty:

i massaged his neck with some curative oil amd gave him paracetamol...do you think a warm pad will be useful...he's wearing a scarf actually!

My son went through a phase like that, Robi -- stiff necks, sore wrists,

sore knees, something different

almost every day. Maybe it's growing pains? But heat definitely helps!

Yeah, My neck problems are so STUPID! I say that because the reason that I have the neck problem was because I was being stupid. STUPID!

:shocked: What a story, Charlotte! TG you weren't seriously injured,

permanently. Although, maybe this explains this Mika fixation and

why you aren't quite right in the head... :roftl:

Have a date with my son to work on his lego technic bulldozer. I'll come back in about half an hour or so:thumb_yello:

I remember those days, chick -- my son was a HUGE Lego maniac!

I got my puppy out of the kennel and gave her a bath already. I hate the way they smell after being boarded. Yuck.

There's our Lollipop Woman! I agree about the pup. I've not been able

to find a kennel I like 100 percent.

dcdeb

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:shocked: :shocked:

Thank you kind Oldling!! :wub2:

As long as it starts before I go to London - I will be starting it early

so I have time to get a taxi if it decides not to start!!!!

:shocked: :shocked: I hope so! What time does your train leave?

Hiya Deb by the way :naughty:

:shocked: :shocked: I hope so! What time does your train leave?

Hiya Deb by the way :naughty:

Hi Deb - very near the 5000 now!!!! :punk:

Train leaves at 9.24am - but the local taxis are tied up till 8.55am

as they do school runs!!! It will be close if I need to use them - just

hope it won't come to that!!!

Hi Deb - very near the 5000 now!!!! :punk:

Train leaves at 9.24am - but the local taxis are tied up till 8.55am

as they do school runs!!! It will be close if I need to use them - just

hope it won't come to that!!!

Fingers crossed then! Maybe you should put them on stand by!:naughty:

DEB!!!! do the 5000! It HAS to be in here!!!!!:shocked:

Sounds like you had a dreadful journey. All out by 10............February is NOT the best time to do a tour is it :naughty: Same as November in scananavia really !:naughty:

No, it is not. I had been so worried about the weather ever since the dates were announced. If it had been summer, I would have bought tickets to both Chicago and Minneapolis in a heartbeat. But, the weather here in the winter is so bad and unpredictable. I heard Milwaukee, a city we drove through, got up to 21 inches of snow and it was virtually impassable. The whole city was shut down.

Oh no! That's the worst. Especially when it was expensive and you were really looking forward to it when you got home.

I hope your car is OK. Believe me, I was worried about our car making it to Chicago and back. Yikes.

Hey did I tell you that I've been getting emails from some women in SLC

who wanted to know if it was OK to take their 9 and 11 year olds to the

Mika show? They just googled "Mika" and this forum came up and they

saw I was a moderator, got my email address and contacted me!

It was a little surreal -- to have Mika mail coming to my real address! :naughty:

There's our Lollipop Woman! I agree about the pup. I've not been able

to find a kennel I like 100 percent.

dcdeb

What did you tell them? Did you say it was OK? I took mine and they are 11, 9 and 7. I knew there would be certain parts that my not be exactly appropriate and there would be slight language but jhis music is just too good not to take him. Plus, Mika actually sings, unlike so many now out.

Oh, there is a video on youtube now. I am the second LG skipping out on stage.

That's very exciting Elle! Hasn't the time flown by and yet dragged at the same time.

I don't understand why Mika doesn't tour the Southern Hemisphere during your winter and do you when it's our winter. Wouldn't perpetual sunshine be better than all this snow?

That's very exciting Elle! Hasn't the time flown by and yet dragged at the same time.

I don't understand why Mika doesn't tour the Southern Hemisphere during your winter and do you when it's our winter. Wouldn't perpetual sunshine be better than all this snow?

Awww - lovely picture Chickadee :wub2:

Love the vid Christina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumb_yello:

OK girls I have to go..looks like I am going to miss Deb's big moment :thumbdown:

But....................for when it DOES happen....................:wub2::shocked::thumb_yello: WELL DONE DEB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK ladies, have a good Friday....Wendi I am in the office alone tomorrow so prepare for strange texts!!!:roftl:

Sweet dreams everyone and hi to everyone who comes on later xxxx

Maybe he likes the cold? I wouldn't. Your idea sounds much better. Didn't he say in one interview that his mother was miserable in the cold. I forgot which country but it was on tour this past fall. It was the one where he wore a funny sweater.

OK girls I have to go..looks like I am going to miss Deb's big moment :thumbdown:

But....................for when it DOES happen....................:wub2::shocked::thumb_yello: WELL DONE DEB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK ladies, have a good Friday....Wendi I am in the office alone tomorrow so prepare for strange texts!!!:roftl:

Kath - check your London thread before you go :wink2:

Sweet dreams when they come hun xxxx

Text away tomorrow!!!!

I was going to ask Candboys.... which one of you was holding the giant lollipop? I haven't finished reading Chicago yet.

Emy made that lollipop for school and she brought it with her to give to Mika. I know Mika's mom loved it and I was not surprised at all when I saw it at the MSP show. I knew he would use it again. It was a great prop!

Thanks! I saw him posting in the Chicago thread.

Bye, Kath, it was great to see you here.

Emy made that lollipop for school and she brought it with her to give to Mika. I know Mika's mom loved it and I was not surprised at all when I saw it at the MSP show. I knew he would use it again. It was a great prop!

Ah! Gosh, I haven't even made it to the MSP thread yet. Thankfully I don't have to go out today so should be able to catch up a bit. Well, gotta get offline for now and drag hubby out of bed so he doesn't miss his bus. Sweet dreams all.