The Oldlings Thread (Part 10)

Diana

hi all!

internet booking is ok unless you do it wrong! :thumbdown:

i selected the wrong month in my booking of last night at travelodge inverness, and now cannot change it! :thumbdown:

i hope a fax i'm sending tomorrow will be useful!

all this because i wanted to help hubby suggesting a good & cheap hotel from my looooooong experience! :naughty:

Hi Robi:thumb_yello:

Hey, what have I missed? When are you going to Inverness?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's pretty cold here, I am in Green Bay, Wisconsin, which is about 3.5-4 hours north of Chicago.

/QUOTE]

I think it's safe to assume that you're a lot colder than us then.

-We think ourselves lucky if we get to see snow once in a winter!:naughty:

/QUOTE]

That is how the winter weather is here in New Jersey. Last three days have been unseasonably warm.

With a stringed instrument its best to keep it in the warm room

you are going to play it in - for a couple of hours, then try tuning

it when it has acclimatised to the room!!

Thanks Wendi!:thumb_yello:

Luckily, Alice's cello is always in our living room. If I didn't have to look at it every day I wouldn't remember to try and get her to practise it! I guess that walking to school with it on very cold days probably doesn't do it much good, but that can't be helped. At least it has time to warm up before her lesson, which is at 2pm.

My girls played violin and cello - and it is so cold in my house that

it used to take ages for them to warm their instruments up!!

The strings part has finished now, and we are on drum-kit, side

drum and flute now!!!

/QUOTE]

That is how the winter weather is here in New Jersey. Last three days have been unseasonably warm.

Are you sure that's not due to the collective heat given off by thousands of women as a result of a certain British male visiting?:naughty:

hi kath!

candboys...i read your report but...has anything new come to your mind that you need desperately to share? :naughty:

how did you feel at his presence? :wub2:

Hi Robi! Mika was really nice. Very pleasant. It was nice to talk to him. He introduced me/us to his sound director when he walked into the stairwell we were chatting in. You can see that in the picture that Emy, I think it was, took of us. He signed my DVD on the outside instead of the inside booklet. I didn't notice b/c we were talking to his sound director. He signed my LICM booklet and asked me, "What's your name, love?" which I thought was cute. I was glad that he seemed to appreciate the tea mug I got for him that he said he would use that night on the bus.

I don't know. Oh, Mika doesn't know where Green Bay is so I was trying to explain it to him but that's ok. Mika also said he wanted to wear cool hoodie for the show that night but they ( I don't know who "they") was wouldn't let him.

And, Mika kept my Sharpie.:naughty:

My girls played violin and cello - and it is so cold in my house that

it used to take ages for them to warm their instruments up!!

The strings part has finished now, and we are on drum-kit, side

drum and flute now!!!

My husband has suggested getting a drum kit for our son, but he's only 5. Do you think that's too young to be thinking about anything other than a toy kit?

(bearing in mind the money and space that a real kit would use up)

My husband has suggested getting a drum kit for our son, but he's only 5. Do you think that's too young to be thinking about anything other than a toy kit?

I would go for a toy kit just now. They are very good, and don't take

up too much room. I got one for Rory when he was doing his Standard

Grade music - now both the girls are doing drum-kit - so it has been well

used (and I enjoy a good batter when they are all out!!!!!) :roftl:

Hi Robi! Mika was really nice. Very pleasant. It was nice to talk to him. He introduced me/us to his sound director when he walked into the stairwell we were chatting in. You can see that in the picture that Emy, I think it was, took of us. He signed my DVD on the outside instead of the inside booklet. I didn't notice b/c we were talking to his sound director. He signed my LICM booklet and asked me, "What's your name, love?" which I thought was cute. I was glad that he seemed to appreciate the tea mug I got for him that he said he would use that night on the bus.

I don't know. Oh, Mika doesn't know where Green Bay is so I was trying to explain it to him but that's ok. Mika also said he wanted to wear cool hoodie for the show that night but they ( I don't know who "they") was wouldn't let him.

What? He has people who tell him what he can and can't wear!:shocked:

I'm amazed! Maybe he was joking (I hope he was!)

I would go for a toy kit just now. They are very good, and don't take

up too much room. I got one for Rory when he was doing his Standard

Grade music - now both the girls are doing drum-kit - so it has been well

used (and I enjoy a good batter when they are all out!!!!!) :roftl:

Thanks Wendi

..............more excellent advice from our resident sage!:thumb_yello:

Are you sure that's not due to the collective heat given off by thousands of women as a result of a certain British male visiting?:naughty:

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

Aww - Thanks :blush-anim-cl:

Music is the one thing I can talk about - I know very little else :naughty:

That's soooooooooooo not true Wendi!

There are dozens, no, hundreds of examples on this forum of you giving out top info/advice on a huge range of topics! You've answered several questions just for me, nevermind all the others members!

That's soooooooooooo not true Wendi!

There are dozens, no, hundreds of examples on this forum of you giving out top info/advice on a huge range of topics! You've answered several questions just for me, nevermind all the others members!

Wow - if you don't stop my head will not fit through my door frame!!! :roftl:

Thankyou - I try to be helpful if I can!! :blush-anim-cl:

Thanks for that, I love reading all the little personal bits!!!!

My colleauge got her three year old a real kit for Christmas (and don't forget Cherise started at three) Sorry Wendi, not wanting to contradict you but just pointing out that some people do start them VERY young

What? He has people who tell him what he can and can't wear!:shocked:

I'm amazed! Maybe he was joking (I hope he was!)

I think his sisters tell him!!

MMMM MIKA WARMING MMMM

Sign Me Up!!!

Yeh, me too!!!

They'll have the met office investigating strange variations in temperature appearing all over the world in a pattern coinciding with a certain person's tour dates.

We'll warm up Wendi's frozen string intruments with Mika-joules!

That post gave me one of those "time zone confusion moments".

I thought why would a boy who plays with lego be up at this time of night?

-I still can't get my head around the idea that not everyone here is in the UK!

Sorry! i always forget to say good evening when I come in. Freddie does it in the Aussie thread and the girls all howl him down. How lucky I am that you don't treat me like that!

MMMM MIKA WARMING MMMM

Sign Me Up!!!

Oooooh! I'll have a piece of that thanks!:thumb_yello:

I'm intermittently legoing at the moment. Robi, I added my pic to the poster thread. I hope that was the right thing to do?

Yeh, me too!!!

They'll have the met office investigating strange variations in temperature appearing all over the world in a pattern coinciding with a certain person's tour dates.

We'll warm up Wendi's frozen string intruments with Mika-joules!

Never mind my stringed instruments - he can warm ME up!!!!! :mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow: