What's happened exactly last night in Montreal? I don't know because I don't have tv for the moment... I hope it's not a riot because of the Habs :thumbdown:

My bf told me some ppl burned police car but I didn't watchthe news so I don't know about anything more... and yes it was Habs related...

the people who did that were probably just looking for an excuse and hockey happened to be it. amazing what drinking can do !

Some people get "happy" when they drink, some people get "mad" when they drink and some people torch cars and break into businesses when they are drunk...

Post #800!!!

congrats lol

:roftl: Congrats! (Do you save all your milestones for this thread? *feels special*)

And Sunshine...I have problems sleeping too, especially recently. I can't go to bed any earlier than 10 pm or I can't fall asleep for hours...and, like you said, I get stressed out thinking 'OMG i need to sleep now! Why the hell am I not asleep yet?!' and hence stay awake for hours and hours...so I end up getting a maximum of 8 hours of sleep each night.

If there is one person in the world who understands you, it's me ! lol ! (and Mika... he said in an interview he has sleep problems...). Pretty much everybody will have, at least one time in their lives, sleep problems. Usually it's stress related and it lasts for a few days, weeks, or at worst, months. So don't despair, it will go away eventually ! I've been stuck with all those problems for years and will probably be stuck with it forever. I can deal with it most of the times but sometimes my body just gives up, like it did friday. When I'm in a "bad sleep" phase, I only manage to get max 4 hours of sleep each night, for several nights in a row... it kinda takes its toll on you !

But... as I said, some people have to deal with problems MUCH more worse than this !!

hello canadian!! :D

I´m fron the argentinean adn it´s the first time I pass here

it´s very nice to leave a post here

I leave you kisses :)

Hello !!! It's nice of you to come and visit us ! Feel free to drop by anytime you want !!

Not that you guys care but...

My post #900!!!

congrats.... again ! (geez I congratulated you two times in one post... you're on fire !)

they torched 16 cop cars and 10 businesses were broken into & looted :thumbdown:

you can read it at

http://www.montrealgazette.com

"Delorme blamed the vandalism and attacks on a very small minority of the people who were celebrating the first-round victory in the downtown area.

"We try our best to protect all of the businesses downtown. But I'm disappointed in the actions of such a small group who tried to make disorder downtown," Delorme said."

What a shame... so very sad that such a small group of people make all of us look so bad... and a spokesperson for the Montréal police was interviewed on the radio this morning and he said that the people who started all of this mayhem were not even at the Bell Centre, they were not even Habs fans... they were just delinquants who take advantage of a situation like this to cause trouble... :thumbdown:

On a happy note though... :

WE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON !!!!!!!

:woot_jump:

BYE BYE BRUINS !!!!!

congrats lol

If there is one person in the world who understands you, it's me ! lol ! (and Mika... he said in an interview he has sleep problems...). Pretty much everybody will have, at least one time in their lives, sleep problems. Usually it's stress related and it lasts for a few days, weeks, or at worst, months. So don't despair, it will go away eventually ! I've been stuck with all those problems for years and will probably be stuck with it forever. I can deal with it most of the times but sometimes my body just gives up, like it did friday. When I'm in a "bad sleep" phase, I only manage to get max 4 hours of sleep each night, for several nights in a row... it kinda takes its toll on you !

But... as I said, some people have to deal with problems MUCH more worse than this !!

Hello !!! It's nice of you to come and visit us ! Feel free to drop by anytime you want !!

congrats.... again ! (geez I congratulated you two times in one post... you're on fire !)

Delorme blamed the vandalism and attacks on a very small minority of the people who were celebrating the first-round victory in the downtown area.

"We try our best to protect all of the businesses downtown. But I'm disappointed in the actions of such a small group who tried to make disorder downtown," Delorme said.

What a shame... so very sad that such a small group of people make all of us look so bad... and a spokesperson for the Montréal police was interviewed on the radio this morning and he said that the people who started all of this mayhem were not even at the Bell Centre, they were not even Habs fans... they were just delinquants who take advantage of a situation like this to cause trouble... :thumbdown:

BYE BYE BRUINS !!!!!

THANKS SO MUCH!!! Two times *yay*...he he

Yeah, a small group of stupid people will give people a bad name...hate when that happens.

the people who did that were probably just looking for an excuse and hockey happened to be it. amazing what drinking can do !

exactly... I hate people like that cause it makes EVERYONE look bad... :sneaky2:

yeah I heard about that on the radio today... my god how many weirdos are there in this world ?? :boxed:

"Delorme blamed the vandalism and attacks on a very small minority of the people who were celebrating the first-round victory in the downtown area.

"We try our best to protect all of the businesses downtown. But I'm disappointed in the actions of such a small group who tried to make disorder downtown," Delorme said."

BYE BYE BRUINS !!!!! [/font][/color]

i heard the people arrested were very young... pity

but on another note

canadians.gif

go habs go!!!

:thumbdown:

So very sad to watch... it had started as a happy celebration and to see it ending this way... :thumbdown:

Notice what the person who posted the vids says in the description of the first vid :

"Just to set the record clear, I didn't see one canadiens fan break/smash anything. Most of the delinquents were just guys dressed in black."

And in the second vid :

"As you can see, most of the rioters are NOT wearing habs jerseys and despite one guy posing in the car, there most of the fans are appalled. "

My bf told me some ppl burned police car but I didn't watchthe news so I don't know about anything more... and yes it was Habs related...

they torched 16 cop cars and 10 businesses were broken into & looted :thumbdown:

you can read it at

http://www.montrealgazette.com

:thumbdown:

:shocked: :shocked: Thank you for the links!

But I'm really not surprised... It's not the first time something like that happen in MTL :thumbdown:

AOL. "SEXY POP MEN-CAST YOUR VOTE"

NOTE: MIKA HAS THE MOST VOTES & THE HIGHEST PERCENTAGE OF VOTES--EXCEPT FOR ONE OTHER.

BE SURE TO SCROLL DOWN: ONE OTHER (Gary Barlow) IS AHEAD OF MIKA.

Right now MIKA (#5 on the list) has 38% of the votes:

Gary Barlow (#25 on the list) has 62% of the votes!

!!! GET BUSY !!!

http://music.aol.co.uk/sexy-pop-men-cast-your-vote/article/20080222125909990012

I voted:thumb_yello:

PS: I'm confused...isn't it one poll with two parts?

I voted:thumb_yello:

PS: I'm confused...isn't it one poll with two parts?

yeah, i think the second poll is separate from the first, right? so we're not even really competing with gary barlow, and mika IS winning??

oh it is funny! i've been a fan of caz's stories for a while now.

she is a talented girl! :thumb_yello:

She is !!!

Chapter 13 is soooooo funny I nearly fell off my chair laughing !!! :roftl:

:shocked: :shocked: Thank you for the links!

But I'm really not surprised... It's not the first time something like that happen in MTL :thumbdown:

Things like that happen in every big city. The reason for that is that big cities are where big events where huge crowds are and that when you are over 2 000 000 people in a town, you have more chances of having morons in there...

Like many have said, the people causing trouble that night were not Habs fan and were a very small minority. Sad that now they all get the attention and now Montrealers and Habs fans look like complete hooligans... :thumbdown: