REPORTS/PICS/VIDS for MIKA@ House of Blues in Chicago: 05-02-2008

Niki27

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, you're absolutely right. When I was uploading all my pics, it completely slipped my mind that she said that! Amanda reminded me about it, so I hurried to take it down.

Thats cool - its great that fans respect their wishes!! :thumb_yello:

I am not sure... do you all remember why she requested it? She just said don't post it online, I think.

I just find it interesting...I mean, we've all seen the BG and LG outfits before, so I don't really see the big deal. Not trying to question Yasmine's reasons or anything, though. *shrug*

I have looked through Christina's reports and can't find

what she said. Maybe it was someone else!!

Yes, I did say that we could not post the pictures of us in the LG costumes that were taken backstage. Yasmine stated that the pictures were for our personal use only, no file sharing, no facebook and no myspace, that kind of thing.

I am waiting Joanne report from Chicago. i thing she is coming back to Ny today! I hope Mika is coming to DC soon, I am coming there for sure, so we can meet again, I can`t wait!

Yes, I can't wait to hear Joanne's report either! She must be home by

now, mustn't she? Joanne? Where are you???!!!

MIKA this is a message for you , you cannot avoid the Capital!! And our Super Moderator Home!!!

THIS IS advertising!:roftl:

:roftl: Yes! That's what I should have said to Mika! You must come

back to DC -- I am your SUPER MODERATOR! You cannot deny me! :roftl:

Hey Rob!! So nice to meet you here, i was looking for you on the italian thread!!! Thank you for the massage yesterday!! I was so busy , my Alessandro has bronchitis!! it is a mess!

are you coming to Washington too , when our boy will be there? youhave to!!! Can you imagine , you , Deb and I ...OMG. I couldn`t wait!!!:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

Oh, now THAT would be the show to end all shows! As much fun

offstage as on! I'm waiting for it!:partytime2:

dcdeb

Yes, I did say that we could not post the pictures of us in the LG costumes that were taken backstage. Yasmine stated that the pictures were for our personal use only, no file sharing, no facebook and no myspace, that kind of thing.

It just seems so strange...did she give you guys any explanation?

I thought it was you - so I am not going mad then!!!! :roftl:

I just find it interesting...I mean, we've all seen the BG and LG outfits before, so I don't really see the big deal. Not trying to question Yasmine's reasons or anything, though. *shrug*

Hmmm... maybe it could be because she doesn't want anyone copying

the costumes too exactly? If there are really up-close photos

online all over the place, it will

be really easy to replicate them -- if you're only doing it from memory

or from photos taken from a distance, you can't copy them quite as well?

Just a theory...

dcdeb

Just a theory...

dcdeb

That is a good thought. I'm sure after all of her hard work on the costumes, Yasmine wouldn't want people taking all of her designs and ideas. Thanks for that wisdom, Deb. :thumb_yello:

It just seems so strange...did she give you guys any explanation?

Just a theory...

dcdeb

That's a good theory deb...I wonder if there is anything in the background of those pics, like backstage secrets (props, people, etc) that they are afraid us FBI MFCers will use to figure things out... :naughty:

That's a good theory deb...I wonder if there is anything in the background of those pics, like backstage secrets (props, people, etc) that they are afraid us FBI MFCers will use to figure things out... :naughty:

*imagines Suzy with her magnifying glass, examining the pictures on her computer screen*

ok: PICTURES:

They are all backstage though, none of the concert.

these are the drawings emily gave mika. they are "not crap"

LollipopGIRL-11.jpg

On this picture; you could see how hairy MIKA's arms are!!!!!!!!!!

I really love your pictures. You look adorable and of course MIKA look AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, you are vey talented!!

I would imagine Deb's explanation would make the most sense. In any case, I am glad that Amanda reminded me cos I wouldn't want to upset anyone! I was getting too ahead of myself with posting my photos that I didn't even remember what she said!

But anyway...you can still see us in Eric's pictures, so that is something. :)

Aw, Mel...I am sorry the night didn't go as you had wanted it to. :( But the great thing is, Mika will most likely come back to Chicago so then you will have another opportunity to get him to sign it. Fingers crossed!!

I would love to see him as well. If he comes back to Chicago; I would to whatever it takes to go there and see him perform once again!!!!!!

Did he say that????

We forgot to mention in our other posts that while we were waiting inside the HOB for a while, we saw one of Mika's managers! We can't place his name as of now but it is the guy that is on the MFC homepage and has the cell phone with Mika saying sorry to cancell a certain gig.

Anyway we saw him walking down the stairs and stopped mid way. He had a walkie talkie and looked around. He looked at us and our cousin and looked at everybody sitting on the floor.

Just thought we would throw that in because many people have asked about the managers.

The Meyer Twins

We forgot to mention in our other posts that while we were waiting inside the HOB for a while, we saw one of Mika's managers! We can't place his name as of now but it is the guy that is on the MFC homepage and has the cell phone with Mika saying sorry to cancell a certain gig.

Anyway we saw him walking down the stairs and stopped mid way. He had a walkie talkie and looked around. He looked at us and our cousin and looked at everybody sitting on the floor.

Just thought we would throw that in because many people have asked about the managers.

The Meyer Twins

That was John!! :thumb_yello:

I got back this morning. We were supposed to fly out of Chicago last night but a snowstorm prevented us from doing so 'til this morning. My poor daughter went straight to school from the airport with almost no sleep. I feel a bit guilty taking her to see Mika and having her miss 2 school days to do it, but once in a while it feels good to do something a little crazy.

It was a lot of fun seeing Mika in Chicago after just having seen him in NYC. I believe the setlist was identical, but there were a few differences. I haven't had a chance to read through this thread so forgive me if I'm repeating what others have already said. I'm sure people have posted lots and lots of juicy details. I'll just focus on what was different in Chicago.

I think acts are super motivated to go all out in NY. In Chicago, I don't think Mika's manager sent around any hot chocolate or doughnuts as he did in NYC, despite the fact that the weather was miserable (but luckily, Marlena and I were able to wait inside). Mika also didn't come out and greet those of us insane enough to get there hours and hours early as he did in NY. We did get to greet other band members when they came for sound check.

We could hear the sound check and the band played "Sweet Dreams" during it, so I thought that maybe they'd slip it into this particular show, but no.

There were also no horns or string section for the Chicago show -- the stage was smaller than the one in NY and that can also get pretty costly! Also only one big girl instead of 4!

One thing that was great about the smaller stage was that I felt that Mika was right there in front of us more of the time than in NY. The crush of fans in Chicago wasn't quite as intense -- especially during "Lollipop" when he pulled some fans on stage (not as many as in NY).

Just as in NY we had our "special" moments of Mika dropping his mic, his (inadvertently) spitting on us, and watching him bleed -- in Chicago there was Mika's fly being open (a group of us in front began shouting in unison, "Mika, your zipper is down" until he realized we were trying to tell him something and asked what it was) and Mika shrugging cutely when he struck a wrong chord on the piano.

Mika looked great both nights. White trousers in NY, black in Chicago with beautiful sequin work on the sides. Cool jackets too!

His performance Tuesday night seemed a bit more relaxed than Saturday, but both shows were fantastic. I'm just looking forward to the day when Mika's sets are longer!

We really wanted to say hello after the show, but it's the sort of venue where it is very difficult to figure out where artists will exit -- and there is a hotel right there on-site that they can get to without coming into contact with the public. Marlena and I waited around a short while and then decided that we would leave, satisfied that we had "communed" with Mika on Saturday and that would do for a while! I'm sure Mika felt pressured to leave ASAP because of the dire forecasts -- I was wondering if the Minneapolis show would even happen and I see that The Midway State got caught in the storm and didn't make it.

Before we left, we chatted with the keyboard player and bassist for The Midway State who did the same set they did in NY. We liked them more the second time around just because we were a bit more familiar with their music.

It was a lot of fun to meet more fans and MFC people including Leona and Kjoshi and Mjoshi. I really wanted to meet Melanie AKA Bonjour Mika, but failed to find her. I saw two girls I thought might be her, but they weren't.

Oh well...

I got back this morning. We were supposed to fly out of Chicago last night but a snowstorm prevented us from doing so 'til this morning. My poor daughter went straight to school from the airport with almost no sleep. I feel a bit guilty taking her to see Mika and having her miss 2 school days to do it, but once in a while it feels good to do something a little crazy.

It was a lot of fun seeing Mika in Chicago after just having seen him in NYC. I believe the setlist was identical, but there were a few differences. I haven't had a chance to read through this thread so forgive me if I'm repeating what others have already said. I'm sure people have posted lots and lots of juicy details. I'll just focus on what was different in Chicago.

I think acts are super motivated to go all out in NY. In Chicago, I don't think Mika's manager sent around any hot chocolate or doughnuts as he did in NYC, despite the fact that the weather was miserable (but luckily, Marlena and I were able to wait inside). Mika also didn't come out and greet those of us insane enough to get there hours and hours early as he did in NY. We did get to greet other band members when they came for sound check.

We could hear the sound check and the band played "Sweet Dreams" during it, so I thought that maybe they'd slip it into this particular show, but no.

There were also no horns or string section for the Chicago show -- the stage was smaller than the one in NY and that can also get pretty costly! Also only one big girl instead of 4!

One thing that was great about the smaller stage was that I felt that Mika was right there in front of us more of the time than in NY. The crush of fans in Chicago wasn't quite as intense -- especially during "Lollipop" when he pulled some fans on stage (not as many as in NY).

Just as in NY we had our "special" moments of Mika dropping his mic, his (inadvertently) spitting on us, and watching him bleed -- in Chicago there was Mika's fly being open (a group of us in front began shouting in unison, "Mika, your zipper is down" until he realized we were trying to tell him something and asked what it was) and Mika shrugging cutely when he struck a wrong chord on the piano.

Mika looked great both nights. White trousers in NY, black in Chicago with beautiful sequin work on the sides. Cool jackets too!

His performance Tuesday night seemed a bit more relaxed than Saturday, but both shows were fantastic. I'm just looking forward to the day when Mika's sets are longer!

We really wanted to say hello after the show, but it's the sort of venue where it is very difficult to figure out where artists will exit -- and there is a hotel right there on-site that they can get to without coming into contact with the public. Marlena and I waited around a short while and then decided that we would leave, satisfied that we had "communed" with Mika on Saturday and that would do for a while! I'm sure Mika felt pressured to leave ASAP because of the dire forecasts -- I was wondering if the Minneapolis show would even happen and I see that The Midway State got caught in the storm and didn't make it.

Before we left, we chatted with the keyboard player and bassist for The Midway State who did the same set they did in NY. We liked them more the second time around just because we were a bit more familiar with their music.

It was a lot of fun to meet more fans and MFC people including Leona and Kjoshi and Mjoshi. I really wanted to meet Melanie AKA Bonjour Mika, but failed to find her. I saw two girls I thought might be her, but they weren't.

Oh well...

Me too! I can't wait for his next album and his next tour.

My kids also missed 2 days of school for this so we were pressed to drive home despite the storm. Glad you got home safely.

Oh well...

CIAO JOANNE!!! welcome back to the big apple safe and happy!! nice report!! How is your daughter? I am sure you had a great great time !! see you very very soon...and if you have any pictures ..we are waiting for them!! XXX