Hollis and Sarie's Thread of Randomness - Part 2!

backflip_76

Yeah, the majority of cadavers are elderly. And, either they have donated their bodies, or they didn't have any family members to claim them after they died, so they became property of the federal government.

That's so sad about them not having family members. :(

That's cool, though. I've always wondered what it meant when a person "donated their body to science."

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in Claire's today and I saw a keychain that was a little blue, glittery frog. I almost got it, but I was in a hurry, so I didn't feel like going back and paying.

Speaking of dead bodies, did you watch 20/20 last night? They had on that story about the murdered Chinese prisoners being sold to Germany and the US as art.

Wow, that's really interesting..

That's so sad about them not having family members. :(

That's cool, though. I've always wondered what it meant when a person "donated their body to science."

Yeah, it's pretty interesting. But it does make me sad to think about not having any family when you die.

I was in Claire's today and I saw a keychain that was a little blue, glittery frog. I almost got it, but I was in a hurry, so I didn't feel like going back and paying.

Speaking of dead bodies, did you watch 20/20 last night? They had on that story about the murdered Chinese prisoners being sold to Germany and the US as art.

WTF? What kind of art??

I only caught the last like half hour of it, but apparently when they execute some of the Chinese prisoners, they send them to warehouses and soak them in some kind of plastic solution, so people use them in museums and stuff like that. They put them in weird positions, like playing basketball and stuff.

I'll try to find it online. I was at the nursing home waiting for a ride home from my mom (I was out, and my brother in law dropped me off there about half an hour before she got off shift) and the volume was super low so I didn't wake any of the patients up.

Loved that.

Again, sick but very interesting!

I only caught the last like half hour of it, but apparently when they execute some of the Chinese prisoners, they send them to warehouses and soak them in some kind of plastic solution, so people use them in museums and stuff like that. They put them in weird positions, like playing basketball and stuff.

I'll try to find it online. I was at the nursing home waiting for a ride home from my mom (I was out, and my brother in law dropped me off there about half an hour before she got off shift) and the volume was super low so I didn't wake any of the patients up.

You mean for those Bodies and Body Worlds exhibitions? I wonder how factual that report was, because as far as I know, the bodies at those exhibits (where they put them in those weird positions) were donated by the actual person before they died.

I went to one of those exhibits in the fall, and it was really, really cool. But it's much more pleasant to think that someone donated their body to the cause, instead of thinking that prisoners were shipped around the world for it.

You mean for those Bodies and Body Worlds exhibitions? I wonder how factual that report was, because as far as I know, the bodies at those exhibits (where they put them in those weird positions) were donated by the actual person before they died.

I went to one of those exhibits in the fall, and it was really, really cool. But it's much more pleasant to think that someone donated their body to the cause, instead of thinking that prisoners were shipped around the world for it.

No, this was some kind of black market thing. They went undercover into the warehouse and they were like "GET OUT! GET OUT!"

It's black pleather, and it has a big fat bow on the front.:wub2:

I wanted to get a new purse, but I couldn't find any I liked, so when I saw it I was like "NEED IT."

And it was like... $22.

My friend goes up to NYC to buy her purses.

She buys them out the back of a van in Chinatown. Then she gets home and realizes they're REAL Coach bags, Louis Vuitton, etc. She pays like... $40 for each one, so she's usually excited when she finds the certificate of authenticity.

My friend goes up to NYC to buy her purses.

She buys them out the back of a van in Chinatown. Then she gets home and realizes they're REAL Coach bags, Louis Vuitton, etc. She pays like... $40 for each one, so she's usually excited when she finds the certificate of authenticity.

Ahh yeah, NY is great for that. I have a Louis Vuitton and a Burberry purse, and both were quite inexpensive. Gotta love it.

Oh, Hollis, I've been meaning to tell you how gorgeous I think Dhani is!

Looks just like his father!

I'm glad you see it my way, Jess. :naughty:

I never got into the whole Burberry, Louis Vuitton, Coach etc. bags. I don't know why. I guess it's because I'm cheap. I think $22 is the most I've ever spent on a purse or wallet. I sort of figure "If I spend more than that, I'm not going to have anything to PUT in said wallet."

I never got into the whole Burberry, Louis Vuitton, Coach etc. bags. I don't know why. I guess it's because I'm cheap. I think $22 is the most I've ever spent on a purse or wallet. I sort of figure "If I spend more than that, I'm not going to have anything to PUT in said wallet."

I used to think it was cool to have those silly, expensive, brand name bags. But now I never use them. Thankfully they only cost me like, $20 on the street in NY.

And exactly, I like to have money IN my wallet.

I bought a $75 wallet and it got stolen...never doing that again.

Oooh, that sucks.

I bought a $75 wallet and it got stolen...never doing that again.

Why would you pay $75 for a wallet? :blink: What the flip, did it come with 3 free twenty dollar bills inside?

Here's my new purse. It's not really this light, but my camera's weird, so I had to lighten it to show the detail & bow.

100_2004.jpg

Took it right out of my car...while it was sitting in my driveway. It was honestly the only time I've ever forgotten to lock my car....not to mention that I had a bag of candles in there that I was suppose to deliver for my aunt...those bastards. :naughty:

Oh, I don't hold it against people who DO buy those bags or anything. I guess I'm just sort of cheap.:naughty: Plus, I don't really get into name brands. I just sort of buy what I like. I have four purses. One was $11 at Walmart, the other was $12 at walmart, the other was $3 at walmart, and this one was $22 at Claire's. Name brands really don't mean a thing to me.

In fact, I think Coach bags are kind of ugly.:naughty: