Hollis and Sarie's Thread of Randomness - Part 2!

backflip_76

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never really watched that one, either. But Twilight Zone wasn't particularly scary to me at the time.

I'm trying to think of the shows I watched as a kid...

I watched alot of Mel-O-Toons. I just found the story of Panchito on YouTube and I'm all excited.

Haha, we are indeed American. :wink2:

How old are you again, Megan? I'm sure that I watched a lot of different shows than you since I'm a bit older.

I did love the Rugrats when I was little, though. :)

I'm 16.. almost :naughty: I don't watch a lot of tv in the first place, but I did watch Saved by the Bell every single morning and it got really old after a few monthes :roftl:

Almost sweet sixteen...woohoo! Yeah, watching Saved by the Bell every morning can get a bit old...after a month or so you've seen every episode they have!

I started getting re-runs within a week :naughty:

Are You Afraid Of The Dark was the greatest show ever!

But my favorite was Rocko's Modern Life.:biggrin2:

And I'm watching Leprachaun. heh...

Totally oblivious :blink:

Shet.:sneaky2: Due to the whole server crash thing or whatever, some of my previous posts disappeared.

Grrr.

Anyway, yes! Reccess! I had a crush on Mikey. He was so sweet.

So yesterday mom was getting groceries and made me go along to help. So we walk into the store and she picks up this thing of German candies and goes "These are from Germany... not very technologically advanced." and threw them back in the box.

I didn't understand (that might not even be exactly what she said, but it's what it sounded like) and I said "What does technology have to do with anything?"

She didn't answer and walked away, so I picked up the candy and stared at the packaging and screamed "WHAT DOES TECHNOLOGY HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING? GERMANY IS PRETTY TECHNOLOGICALLY ADVANCED. MORE SO THAN US I THINK."

And I turned around, and there's an Amish guy staring at me. I felt bad screaming about technology when he doesn't have any electricity. What could I say to make myself seem like less of a brat?

"Oh... um... not that there's nothing wrong with not having electricity or being technologically advanced. In fact, I quite like it when the power goes out... it's like camping... bye now."

If you're the Amish guy and you happened to stumble across this, then... Hi! Nice to see you're not like those pesky, unadvanced German candy companies.

Well that was a very narr thing to do, Sarie.

And I bet he definitely reads the forums...with his no electricity and all.

Side note: I went to the Sears tower and these Amish people were in line with us. They must have been hardcore Amish because they took the stairs to the top instead of the elevator.

Well that was a very narr thing to do, Sarie.

And I bet he definitely reads the forums...with his no electricity and all.

Side note: I went to the Sears tower and these Amish people were in line with us. They must have been hardcore Amish because they took the stairs to the top instead of the elevator.

LMAO. Hardcore Amish.

Are they like straightedge kids, with those little X's on their wrists?

LOL Sarie....you win the random award for today. :D

Way to smooth it over with the Amish guy.

I know. I'm pretty suave.:mf_rosetinted:

So yesterday mom was getting groceries and made me go along to help. So we walk into the store and she picks up this thing of German candies and goes "These are from Germany... not very technologically advanced." and threw them back in the box.

I didn't understand (that might not even be exactly what she said, but it's what it sounded like) and I said "What does technology have to do with anything?"

She didn't answer and walked away, so I picked up the candy and stared at the packaging and screamed "WHAT DOES TECHNOLOGY HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING? GERMANY IS PRETTY TECHNOLOGICALLY ADVANCED. MORE SO THAN US I THINK."

And I turned around, and there's an Amish guy staring at me. I felt bad screaming about technology when he doesn't have any electricity. What could I say to make myself seem like less of a brat?

"Oh... um... not that there's nothing wrong with not having electricity or being technologically advanced. In fact, I quite like it when the power goes out... it's like camping... bye now."

If you're the Amish guy and you happened to stumble across this, then... Hi! Nice to see you're not like those pesky, unadvanced German candy companies.

:roftl: Do you live in the part of PA where there are all the Amish in their horses and buggies? We go up there once every two years or so and I want to kill myself because of the lack of technology in the very remote areas. My parents just love it, but I honestly don't think that I would be able to survive. It's quite sad how dependent I am on electricity and all of that. Whenever we have a snow storm or the power goes out because of bad rain or ice, I go crazy.

When we're up there, we always buy the home-made root beer and my parents love buying bird houses. :naughty:

And I love your sig. "Some people weren't likin' it!" I love that boy. I'd love to be his fag-hag. :naughty:

Where I live we have Amish Acres and Shipshewana or whatever it's called nearby. I got lost in Amish Acres, I can only imagine what it's like for practically the whole state to be like that. :shocked:

I went to Lancaster about a year ago and the woman I was travelling with said "People are convinced that the Amish aren't real, and that it's all the tourist attraction."

How ridiculous!

I went to Lancaster about a year ago and the woman I was travelling with said "People are convinced that the Amish aren't real, and that it's all the tourist attraction."

How ridiculous!

:lmfao: That must be where we go. Is that where most of the Amish are? Is it near Hershey? We usually make a trip to Hershey (I've been to that Chocolate World or whatever thing about 3 trillion times :naughty:) and around in that area is where we hang around for a day or two.

It's not super far from Hershey. If I remember correctly, the exits are only about half an hour apart on the interstate.

We sold our old house to an Amish family. Amish go through here on a daily basis in buggies, and one family even has a huge, conestoga-wagon type thing.

T012925A.gif