REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS: MIKA in Salt Lake City, UT -- In the Venue: 08-02-2008

dcdeb

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah I think his hair is pretty natural in this interview but he still has loose ringlets at the back where it's long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qdDrLcs-SE

yes, i think that's what his hair looks like "au naturel"

of course in that interview, they still look wet though lol

Wow, amazing pics and reports! This gig must have been awesome. :wub2: You guys are so lucky! The stage looks great and so do Mika & the band. Very unique and different experience I think. Mika really should do an acoustic tour! :thumb_yello:

Well, this has been a very exciting thread, and more to come I hope.

I hope Mika learns something from this: he doesn't need all the over produced show style gimmics to bring us out in droves!

Have been desperate to get back on again and see pics!:thumb_yello: Thanks for the reports so far...and pics. Can't wait to see more. You are very lucky people indeed, what an amazing night you all had :shocked:

I think the set and stage look great. It reminds me a bit of Vodafone TBA in Manchester last June..although the stage there was much smaller..it was absolutly tiny.:naughty:

OH! i just spent the last hour where i was supposed to practice for my solo in...3 hours- and eat breakfast reading EVERYTHING! I love the pictures and the reports! I'll be checking for more soon and around 3 i should be back here not feeling bad about being on here when theres something else i'm supposed to be doing....:naughty:

TTFN!

^ (actually thats probably a lie, i'll cheat and post but i know i'm not the only one!)

(Deb! You had an awesome treat! So sweet of Charlotte!)

Yes, I was very lucky indeed. I mean, if I couldn't actually BE there,

this was the next best thing! :)

Thanks to dcdeb, charlie, heineken, jennifer b and mikaluvr for the reports! Actually, still waiting for charlie's details too...

Wow. Wow. Wow. I'm going to Utah if he ever does Utah again.

Yeah, I don't want to steal Charlotte's thunder by telling her whole

story, even though she shared it all with me last night :wink2:

Besides, it's much better hearing it first-hand than through me, I'm sure.

I guess she gets home today, hope she heads straight for the computer

when she gets back! :naughty:

Thanks so much for all the reports/pics/links to vids that have come

in since I hit the hay last night/this morning! It really was a special

show -- amazing how something that could have gone so wrong

ended up SO very right! :biggrin2:

dcdeb

OH! i just spent the last hour where i was supposed to practice for my solo in...3 hours- and eat breakfast reading EVERYTHING! I love the pictures and the reports! I'll be checking for more soon and around 3 i should be back here not feeling bad about being on here when theres something else i'm supposed to be doing....:naughty:

TTFN!

^ (actually thats probably a lie, i'll cheat and post but i know i'm not the only one!)

:no: :no: MIKA is "contra-indicated" to getting ANYTHING done! :no: :no:

Wow sounds spectacular!!! Soooooo envious!! :thumb_yello:

I thought he may have given Luke and Cherrise the night off so they could do snow angels :angel_not: and build snowmen!

Bet they have had a snowball fight before now! Snow brings the child out in all of us and MIKA! doesn't need much for his childishness to appear! :wink2:

Pleased I wasn't there when he heard the stuff wasn't coming because I think he will have been kinda mad :mad3: and i can imagine a few choice words were uttered!

Keep the photos coming I just love seeing photos of anything especially MIKA! ones!

xxx

Well, this has been a very exciting thread, and more to come I hope.

I hope Mika learns something from this: he doesn't need all the over produced show style gimmics to bring us out in droves!

Very true Ruth! :thumb_yello:

Have been desperate to get back on again and see pics!:thumb_yello: Thanks for the reports so far...and pics. Can't wait to see more. You are very lucky people indeed, what an amazing night you all had :shocked:

I think the set and stage look great. It reminds me a bit of Vodafone TBA in Manchester last June..although the stage there was much smaller..it was absolutly tiny.:naughty:

You're right about TBA, they could only just fit the band on the stage, and what was nice about it was the gig was in bright daylight.

It's nice that this one wasn't overlit too. Sometimes I think the lights spoil it a bit myself.

Yeah I think his hair is pretty natural in this interview but he still has loose ringlets at the back where it's long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qdDrLcs-SE

He looks great in that one... I like when his hair is off his face.

I think it's funny that even when I don't speak the language I know that it's the identical interview questions that EVERYONE asks him. Hopefully by the end of this year they'll come up with some new questions.

You guys were so lucky. Sounds an amazing experience. I think most other people would have just cancelled it if half their gear didn't turn up.

Not Mika though.

The more and more I read and watch on this guy the more I'm counting down the days to the 25th.

God I've been to tons of sodding gigs over the years, but I don't think I've ever been this excited for a long long time.

If that makes sense.

Well, I couldn't sleep so I am back for a minute! Thanks for putting those pics up Dani. It was so good to see it all again. And A.Clay - thanks for this article! It was a pretty good one. I have to ask --what is an F-U piece?

WELL, the article here--

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_8199117

was a PRE-VIEW written to let people in SLC know about the performance

coming there before it happened.

SORRY about saying "F-U" instead of "follow-up."

All I mean by "F-U" is ANY piece they may publish about MIKA or the SLC

performance afterwards.

I am presuming that as a "Follow-Up" they may publish a REVIEW of the

actual SLC performance.

[Also, there is provision for "Letters to the Editor" to be published in

SUNDAY issues of the "Salt Lake City Tribune."]

It is VERY EASY to contact them at this e-mail address--

livingeditor@sltrib.com

Just reference the title of the pre-view article--

"MIKA BRINGS DANCE PARTY TO SLC."

+ the fact that DAVID BURGER wrote it.

Oh how I love that stage! With the lights and the chairs and the goodies like the hand! :wub2: And Mika looks so eh... natural! :naughty:

Thanks so much to all of you who posted their reports! That really was a very unique experience... :shocked:

About the refund: I can see why they did that but man... I would have payed extra myself to fill up one of the empty spaces in the crowd! :naughty:

So true! I can understand giving a refund, but I would have paid extra to be there too... such a rare show.

Not sure what he's referring to, but sounds like "and for the fourth time this week, I learned how to do the lips - like Julia Roberts"

Oh, Mika was talking about how he hit his mouth on the mic for the 4th time in one week, and how soon he'll have lips like Julia Roberts'. (Haha, poor guy. Mics can be lethal.)

My pictures tomorrow, I can't even type straight. My hubby has to load them, I don't want to erase by accident. I wished Mika could have done that song too. ERASE by the way, if that didn't make sense.

So true! I can understand giving a refund, but I would have paid extra to be there too... such a rare show.

I would have paid extra too. Again, LUCKY! They got to hear how great his voice really is.