Blue Smarties Are Back!

FREDDIESDOUBLE

Last Updated: Monday, 11 February 2008, 05:25 GMT

Seaweed allows Smarties comeback

Blue Smarties are to make a comeback, after being dropped nearly two years ago, and will now be made with a new colouring extracted from seaweed.

The blue sweets were first introduced in 1989 - and discontinued in 2006 as part of a drive to remove artificial ingredients in children's food.

Makers Nestle say the new colouring comes from a seaweed called spirulina.

The firm says the other seven colours in the packs also have no artificial colours and flavourings.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Blue Smarties are to make a comeback, after being dropped nearly two years ago, and will now be made with a new colouring extracted from seaweed.

The blue sweets were first introduced in 1989 - and discontinued in 2006 as part of a drive to remove artificial ingredients in children's food.

The firm says the other seven colours in the packs also have no artificial colours and flavourings.

:naughty:

I used to take a spirulina supplement. They tasted naff! Esentially, its just algae..... ewww.

Someone told me, that the red colouring comes from some crushed Mexican bugs or something :blink::boxed:

They got rid of blue smarties???

Wow...

We've had them for ages... they never got them taken out of our packs! :bleh:

Ohh did ya?? , I could do that :thumb_yello: . I like savoury more than sweet things

I struggle with chocolate... if there's a block of chocolate, I'll sit there and eat the whole thing and feel sick afterwards...

Once I wean myself off chocolate I'll start with coke... then chippies..

I plan on eating healthier... that way, I won't put on weight...

I struggle with chocolate... if there's a block of chocolate, I'll sit there and eat the whole thing and feel sick afterwards...

Once I wean myself off chocolate I'll start with coke... then chippies..

I plan on eating healthier... that way, I won't put on weight...

Whats chippies??? :shocked:

Potato chips? , fries?

Yeh eating healthy is just good full stop :thumb_yello:

Blue smarties though ..... god knows what nasty stuff they used to make them blue

Whats chippies??? :shocked:

Potato chips? , fries?

Yeh eating healthy is just good full stop :thumb_yello:

Blue smarties though ..... god knows what nasty stuff they used to make them blue

Potato chips... some little kids call chips chippies... and seeing as I tend to spend a lot of time with kids some of wht they say rubs off on me...

I don't want to think about what they use to make them blue thank you very much... it's bad enough I know how KFC make the potato mashies (hint: they're not made of potato)

My dad always calls a carpenter a chippy..... :blink: i assume thats not what's meant here?

It's kinda confusing... a chippy is a plasterboarder... but also chips... Aussies must rule with the double meanings...

:naughty: Yeh green ice cream just isnt good!!!

Ummmm... smurfs aren't green... they're blue...

Ohhhh. haha!

I love orange smarties. They taste different dont they??? Like black wine gums.

Apparently, they dont have smarties in America. Or they have very little of them :boxed:

Orange???

I don't think we have orange ones... Actually, I can't remember, cause only little kids have smarties...

I love orange smarties. They taste different dont they??? Like black wine gums.

Apparently, they dont have smarties in America. Or they have very little of them :boxed:

We don't have Smarties, unless you go to a specialty shop or have

family/friends who go to the UK and bring them back for you :original:

I love the orange ones, they DO taste a bit different. I like the red ones,

too, but I'm excited that the blue ones are coming back, as blue is my

favorite color :wink2:

Yes, it's a slow news day here in the US, too :naughty:

dcdeb

:punk: In OZ ..... as far as I know Carpenters are called 'chippies' 'cos they work with wood i.e .... chips of wood ...... & Electricians are called 'sparkys' ... (fairly obvious) .... :naughty: ..... & yeh ..... a kid's version of potato chips are ..... as Teegs said ..... chippies .... Unknown-1.png:thumb_yello:

In OZ ..... as far as I know Carpenters are called 'chippies' 'cos they work with wood i.e .... chips of wood ...... & Electricians are called 'sparkys' ... (fairly obvious)

:naughty:

Well, my dad's South African and uses all those words... is there some kind of link??? :blink:

I started to say Chippy and Sparky and people looked at me like :boxed:

:naughty::bleh: