Rock Werchter festival - Werchter: 7:10-8:10 pm (Belgium)

Pamette

Okay just listened to the songs and...

I'd really like to say that it stinks, but honestly, I think it's nice that it doesn't sound like the backing track from the album anymore. I love Luke and I'd like to be a loyal supporter and claim the new dude sucks, but I actually think the keyboard, espescially around the end of Relax, was pretty damn funky :mf_rosetinted: Doesn't change my opinion on how things were done though and I still hope whoever made the deciscion gets struck by lightning :sneaky2:

I disagree.

As I said before, this has nothing to do about how I feel about how things have been done, or about Luke being such a nice guy, etc...

Basically, I am not saying that this sucks cause I want to support Luke. This has nothing to do with Luke.

Merely based on the sound, I think that this version of Relax with his new keybordist, lacks the heart of it.

It doesn't have the "bite", the edge, the strength... It's just too "middle of the road" and it doesn't cut it for me.

So in myh opinion, and politics and Luke aside, just musically, this is a stepdown:thumbdown:.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most certainly! We'll invite Mika to the wedding.

For the rest of you's:

Go here: http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/editorial/all/quick-search.html?page=1

On the left side, type "Mika" in the search box, then select "today". There are three pages of pics. :punk:

Ok...three pages? I'm definitely writing this site down...:naughty:

Thanks!:wink2:

Here are some more

9712615.jpg

9712906.jpg

9712497.jpg

:mf_lustslow:

THANK YOU!!

Mika has put a doormat in his pants:mf_rosetinted:

yeah, i was wondering about that. It looks like he found himself a rug and decided to stick in his pants.....i actually like it though!

it's like one from that one photoshoot...from that one time...you know.

oh,and

stubble stubble toiling trouble....fire burn.....however it goes lol

i like it also!

I approve of todays style.

Mika has put a doormat in his pants:mf_rosetinted:

:roftl: It's the same kind of thing that he has in that picture where he's bending over, myspace one, in the lollipop girl wallpaper. I always just assumed it was some kind of traditional lebanese thing :naughty::blink:

yeah, i was wondering about that. It looks like he found himself a rug and decided to stick in his pants.....i actually like it though!

oh,and

i like it also!

Hahaha.:naughty:

I know which one you're talking about. :original:

oh,and

i like it also!

I know. The one with the flowers.:thumb_yello:

But still.

My mom came to watch at the pics, and said: Oh, thats the blanket he has since he was a baby:lmfao:

oh,and

i like it also!

Yeah after looking at the doormat for a while, I sort of like it :naughty: The colours are nice...

Ok I'm gonna go take a speedy gonzalez-like shower and hopefully reports will be up by then! :punk:

And stubble... :licks_lips:

Ok, can I disagree with 99.9% of people here and say that I really liked what I heard? His voice sounded great to me and I like the changes to the songs.

Now I'm gonna go hide in a corner before the mob strikes:naughty:

Oh, and he looks hot:mf_rosetinted:

I loveeee the pictures! He looks fantastic. :D

We both have Wall*E avvies!!!!!! :wub2: :wub2: I saw it last night... I'm obsessed with it. It's the most adorable movie I've seen in my life :wub2: I'm gonna go to toys r us today to find a Wall*E stuffed animal. It's gonna be a birthday present from my sister. :naughty::lol3:

I disagree.

As I said before, this has nothing to do about how I feel about how things have been done, or about Luke being such a nice guy, etc...

Basically, I am not saying that this sucks cause I want to support Luke. This has nothing to do with Luke.

Merely based on the sound, I think that this version of Relax with his new keybordist, lacks the heart of it.

It doesn't have the "bite", the edge, the strength... It's just too "middle of the road" and it doesn't cut it for me.

So in myh opinion, and politics and Luke aside, just musically, this is a stepdown:thumbdown:.

Well I disagree with your disagreement :insane:

Relax as we have heard it in concerts before is pretty much like the album version, I think that stepping away from that will allow them to improvise more and change it from time to time in the future and in my opinion that is a step up :punk:

First of all thanks to HELEN , then the other mfcers who gave us sounds and photos!!!

Well , Relax was the reason why i was bewitched by Mika , this new version is less emotional for me .But , he could'nt give the same show forever, don't you think?

I am only afraid he is ill , well we will see tomorrow at Paris and after at Arras ( if he doesn't cancel: i have bad memeries of the last year....

Hahaha.

I know which one you're talking about. :)

spoken like a true mika fan:thumb_yello:

I know. The one with the flowers.

But still.

My mom came to watch at the pics, and said: Oh, thats the blanket he has since he was a baby

haha, i just wonder how he got it to stay like that. talent- and safety pins perhaps?

Yeah after looking at the doormat for a while, I sort of like it :naughty: The colours are nice...

Ok I'm gonna go take a speedy gonzalez-like shower and hopefully reports will be up by then!

And stubble... :licks_lips:

they are nice colors=]

OK guys, I have to go now...

Enjoy those reports when they come!!!:wub2:

:bye:

you know it:punk:

We both have Wall*E avvies!!!!!! :wub2: :wub2: I saw it last night... I'm obsessed with it. It's the most adorable movie I've seen in my life :wub2: I'm gonna go to toys r us today to find a Wall*E stuffed animal. It's gonna be a birthday present from my sister. :naughty::lol3:

lol yeah I put my Wall-e avvie up yesterday! I wuv him. :wub2: I am going to see it again tonight for the fourth time. It's one of the sweetest movies I've ever seen.

A Wall-e stuffed animal sounds cute! Did you get a Wall-e watch when you saw the movie??? :)

My mom came to watch at the pics, and said: Oh, thats the blanket he has since he was a baby:lmfao:

:roftl:

It is very odd.

I love the Picasa photos - no watermarks :-)

This isn't even as bad in comparison with Glasto (okay, we havent heard the whole Rockwerchter performance yet, but still, the Relax at Glasto was pretty bad, also was the one at Fete de la Musique)

First of all thanks to HELEN , then the other mfcers who gave us sounds and photos!!!

Well , Relax was the reason why i was bewitched by Mika , this new version is less emotional for me .But , he could'nt give the same show forever, don't you think?

I am only afraid he is ill , well we will see tomorrow at Paris and after at gArras ( if he doesn't cancel: i have bad memeries of the last year....

hi lilibet! I'm in PARIS

and don't really care if this s

show it's only new bout the "package"not the product :meow: