The Oldlings Thread (Part 11)

Diana

I get called mostly Charlie around here. But, you can call me Charlotte, Char, Chris, Christy, Charlie, etc. LOL!! But, warning...I may not answer to most of those. I had everybody call me Christy in the 6th grade and my teachers could never get me to answer to it. :naughty:

A few years ago, I went to a seminar and they put Christy on my name tag and people still call me that out of spite. They know I won't answer...but, it's funny!

Well, that was more than you asked for..huh?

CharlotteChristy, I have to ask, what do you prefer to be called? I am not sure what to address you as.

That is an interesting theory about your home making you sick! Maybe you can find out when you go away this weekend. If you feel better when you are gone and then feel sick again when you get home, you will know for sure. Paint fumes are no fun.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hear you on that.

It's interesting, how many different levels/types

of FANS there are, some people get extremely involved

not only in Mika but the MFC, at times to an alarming degree!

MFC is the first thing of this type I've ever joined- is this usual?

I don't know, first time for this type of thing for me too. Did you read the concert conduct thread? I think other fan clubs, the official ones, are more business like. Can't make everyone happy, I guess.

I get called mostly Charlie around here. But, you can call me Charlotte, Char, Chris, Christy, Charlie, etc. LOL!! But, warning...I may not answer to most of those. I had everybody call me Christy in the 6th grade and my teachers could never get me to answer to it. :naughty:

I asked because I am Christina, (with an A, I used to say) and I don't respond if I am called Chris, Christine, or any other derivations. Not out of spite or anything now, but I just don't think they are talking to me. :roftl:

You know, they won't be able to. I've been a Five year member of Josh Groban's fan club. I've been there since the very beginning and I've seen all the demands that the fans put on the club. Whenever Management try to make the fans happy, and really try to listen to them, it's never enough. The fans always bitch that it just wasn't good enough. But, they keep trying over and over! So, it's been 5 years and they are still trying to improve things for the fans...but, it's just never enough and probably never will be. But, they are trying.

Fans can be demanding....they always will be.

I don't know, first time for this type of thing for me too. Did you read the concert conduct thread? I think other fan clubs, the official ones, are more business like. Can't make everyone happy, I guess.

Yeah, I'm the same way...I don't answer because of the same reason. I used to get really upset, when I was younger, if anybody called me anything other than Charlotte. If you shortened, I would glare at you. Now, I call myself all of the above. LOL!! And, a few other things if I'm mad at myself. :naughty:

I asked because I am Christina, (with an A, I used to say) and I don't respond if I am called Chris, Christine, or any other derivations. Not out of spite or anything now, but I just don't think they are talking to me. :roftl:

I think his management needs to be more prepared and firm but then when they are, people get upset about that too. Maybe it's because he is still fairly new. Plus, Mika seems like a really nice guy. Maybe if he were more curt with his fans?:cool:

Yes, the more you give, the more people will start to expect. You're damned if you do, damned if you don't. They try to do something nice and people complain.

I think his management needs to be more prepared and firm but then when they are, people get upset about that too. Maybe it's because he is still fairly new. Plus, Mika seems like a really nice guy. Maybe if he were more curt with his fans?:cool:

Yes, the more you give, the more people will start to expect. You're damned if you do, damned if you don't. They try to do something nice and people complain.

Quite true. well, maybe Monday will bring us a nice surprise!

it's funny what you've been saying about nicknames.

I am horrified when people think they can just call me "Lee"!

when I was younger, my older sisters called me Little Leo, until I grew taller than them. I really like my name now, wasn't too crazy about it when a child. It sounds like a good name for your great-aunt who has lavender hair and always has matching shoes & purse!

Quite true. well, maybe Monday will bring us a nice surprise!

it's funny what you've been saying about nicknames.

I am horrified when people think they can just call me "Lee"!

when I was younger, my older sisters called me Little Leo, until I grew taller than them. I really like my name now, wasn't too crazy about it when a child. It sounds like a good name for your great-aunt who has lavender hair and always has matching shoes & purse!

What's Monday?

That image of the great aunt w/ lavender hair is funny!:roftl: Well, there's Leona Lewis now. I can't believe the airtime she has been getting lately! Unbelievable! OK, I am going to go for just a bit. I'll be back in 10...

What's Monday?

That image of the great aunt w/ lavender hair is funny!:roftl: Well, there's Leona Lewis now. I can't believe the airtime she has been getting lately! Unbelievable! OK, I am going to go for just a bit. I'll be back in 10...

I believe Monday is when we finally get the News Of Official Status for MFC.

In one interview (I think MSN?) he spoke of Leona Lewis for a moment, said her name twice, I love to play that one, to hear him say "my " name! How goofy is that?

Hi Clare and any other Oldlings still here. Have read the after party thread and it's a bit depressing. Maybe we need to police ourselves rather than expecting Mika and his management to sort things out all the time. :gun2:

I know I had hoped to meet some MFCers after Hammersmith but although I knew a lot of names from the website, actually I had no idea who anyone was. And everyone gets Mika tunnel vision :mf_lustslow: , all people wanted to do was to try to meet him.

Feeling a bit down today :tears: because I realised that there will be no gigs for us to behave badly at for a long time :no:

The second album can't come too soon. (Mika - what happened to the sad songs EP? at least it would tide us over)

Feeling a bit down today :tears: because I realised that there will be no gigs for us to behave badly at for a long time :no:

The second album can't come too soon. (Mika - what happened to the sad songs EP? at least it would tide us over)

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

I wonder how long it will take before the next one comes out?

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

I wonder how long it will take before the next one comes out?

Hi Oldlings!

I don't know why, but something tells me that Mika has a pretty good vision of album #2 :blush-anim-cl: .... hopefully it will be out soon *as we all slip into gig withdrawal* !!!!!!!!!!