My school assignment

Mjappie

Hi everyone!

First, don't mind my spelling and weird use of the language. English isn't my first language.

Second; I need your help...

For music on school I need to make a kind of essay about a song I may choose... Ofcourse, I've chosen the Mikster with Stuck in the Middle. The purpose of this essay is that I learn how a song is created, which instruments fits the most with the certain feelings you get from the song etc. etc. You guys don't have to write me a whole essay or so, nope, I just need a little bit information you guys might better know than me.

This is what I have to do (the 'me' is my music teacher):

1. Tell me why I have chosen this song (I can do this myself :3)

2. Tell me something about the artist (I know A LOT about Mika, but small information texts about the Mikster are more than welcome.)

3. Tell me why the artist wrote this song, did he have a certain reason? (I thought Mika wrote SitM about his private life or so?)

4. Tell me which instruments are audible in the whole song (PIANO! Who knows more? (A))

5. What feeling does the artist want to give the listeners? (I find this one a pity... Somebody knows?)

6. Does the artist succeed with this? (I guess?)

7. Give the piece of music a recognisable structure. Use things like: Intro, verse, chorus, intermission/interlude etc. (The piano play at the beginning, for example, is the intro...)

8. Tell me your opinions about this song, what do you think about it, how does it makes you feel (depressing, happy, angry, etc.) and more details about it.

Ofcourse you guys don't have to answer ALL of these questions. You may help me, but you don't have too. But ofcourse I'm really appreciating your help... every answer is welcome.. It doesn't matter if your not sure, or is you think it is stupid or so... Every answer is much appreciated!

Thank you guys!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone!

First, don't mind my spelling and weird use of the language. English isn't my first language.

Second; I need your help...

For music on school I need to make a kind of essay about a song I may choose... Ofcourse, I've chosen the Mikster with Stuck in the Middle. The purpose of this essay is that I learn how a song is created, which instruments fits the most with the certain feelings you get from the song etc. etc. You guys don't have to write me a whole essay or so, nope, I just need a little bit information you guys might better know than me.

This is what I have to do (the 'me' is my music teacher):

1. Tell me why I have chosen this song (I can do this myself :3)

2. Tell me something about the artist (I know A LOT about Mika, but small information texts about the Mikster are more than welcome.)

3. Tell me why the artist wrote this song, did he have a certain reason? (I thought Mika wrote SitM about his private life or so?)

4. Tell me which instruments are audible in the whole song (PIANO! Who knows more? (A))

5. What feeling does the artist want to give the listeners? (I find this one a pity... Somebody knows?)

6. Does the artist succeed with this? (I guess?)

7. Give the piece of music a recognisable structure. Use things like: Intro, verse, chorus, intermission/interlude etc. (The piano play at the beginning, for example, is the intro...)

8. Tell me your opinions about this song, what do you think about it, how does it makes you feel (depressing, happy, angry, etc.) and more details about it.

Ofcourse you guys don't have to answer ALL of these questions. You may help me, but you don't have too. But ofcourse I'm really appreciating your help... every answer is welcome.. It doesn't matter if your not sure, or is you think it is stupid or so... Every answer is much appreciated!

Thank you guys!

Drums and bass are the two most audible instruments I can think of without actually listening to the song...it's got an intro, then verse, chorus, verse, chorus, bridge, and then chorus again.

For the feeling bit...I think it depends on your interpretation (:bleh:) of it really.

I'm pretty sure the song is about his mum and grandmother but I'm not completely sure....

I hope that helps!