American Thread Part III

mandilambi

Your post came off as a little abrasive to me...but whatever. :) I understand the wands were probably intimidating. Overall, I just found it shocking that so many people didn't have other means to sneak them in.

Hey Jennie. Welcome!

well it's a touchy subject for me

because:

when i saw the wands i was pissed. we had to pay $5 to check the camera and so we had to leave the line, still had the same spots of course. but when we came back the security guy didn't even wand me!?!?! i was soooooo pissed. i could have gotten away with it.

i wasn't tryingg to be mean to you. you were just saying how you were 'bugged' that MFCers didn't bring cameras and that bugged me i guess haha

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well it's a touchy subject for me

because:

when i saw the wands i was pissed. we had to pay $5 to check the camera and so we had to leave the line, still had the same spots of course. but when we came back the security guy didn't even wand me!?!?! i was soooooo pissed. i could have gotten away with it.

i wasn't tryingg to be mean to you. you were just saying how you were 'bugged' that MFCers didn't bring cameras and that bugged me i guess haha

That stinks that they charged you $5 to check the camera in.:thumbdown: I noticed they were really trying to intimidate people with the wands. I wonder if they did the same speech to the people outside.

Don't know if Jennie is still hanging around, but hi! Good to see ya stop by.

Argh, I don't want to go to school tomorrow..

I'm here. The alarm is STILL going off! and it's stuck to the outside wall of my bedroom so it's making my walls vibrate. It's been going of since 2:15am....it's now 3:46....gotta love student accommodation.

So glad I don't have to get up early for uni!

I'm here. The alarm is STILL going off! and it's stuck to the outside wall of my bedroom so it's making my walls vibrate. It's been going of since 2:15am....it's now 3:46....gotta love student accommodation.

Hi Jennie. That stinks about the fire alarm. I hope that it gets fixed soon so that you can go back to sleep.

Ughh that sucks. I hope it goes off soon so you can get some rest!

Wow, it's still on? That's a long time! I've had that happen too...it's much worse when it's cold outside. :-S

Yeah, there's no fire so they said we can go back inside if we can put up with the alarm. I think it's broken. It randomly stops for 5 seconds at a time and then starts again.

It's pretty funny, I just wish I didn't have a headache to start with.

We were only outside for about 30 mins...long enough when you're in a sleeveless pyjama top though in 3 degrees. :naughty:

TWO HOUR DELAY FOR ME!!! hahahaha

:sneaky2: Aren't you lucky?

:boxed: Gee, that bites! I'd be going crazy..I'm a bear when people/things mess with my sleep.:naughty:

Hi Jennie. That stinks about the fire alarm. I hope that it gets fixed soon so that you can go back to sleep.

Ughh that sucks. I hope it goes off soon so you can get some rest!

I don't mind much anyway, I slept alot during the day because I felt ill so I'm really not tired. Plus my first and only class tomorrow starts at 5pm :thumb_yello:

Ohhh lucky you! But it must be so freaking annoying though. :shocked:

Just a tad :naughty: I'm gonna think I've gone deaf when/if it ever stops!

I'm blasting out Mika nice and loud to drown it out. Who cares if my flatmates don't appreciate him :naughty:

I don't mind much anyway, I slept alot during the day because I felt ill so I'm really not tired. Plus my first and only class tomorrow starts at 5pm :thumb_yello:

Well, that's good at least. Fire alarms must just be part of the college experience. Ours used to do that too, go off in the middle of the night or on a Friday evening when everyone was getting ready to go out.:blink:

Well, that's good at least. Fire alarms must just be part of the college experience. Ours used to do that too, go off in the middle of the night or on a Friday evening when everyone was getting ready to go out.:blink:

Alarms when you're having a shower are the worst. Trying to jump out of the shower, get dressed as fast as possible to get outside only for it to stop the second you open the door. I leave it at least 5 minutes before going out now, if I can't see/smell smoke I'm not too bothered. :naughty:

Alarms when you're having a shower are the worst. Trying to jump out of the shower, get dressed as fast as possible to get outside only for it to stop the second you open the door. I leave it at least 5 minutes before going out now, if I can't see/smell smoke I'm not too bothered. :naughty:

:roftl: Those must be horrible!

I get annoyed having to go out for a fire drill during school, but when showering? Gee, haha.

There were times when there would be girls outside in a robe and a towel around their hair b/c they were in the shower when the alarm went off. Not fun. It builds a complacent attitude about fire alarms, which can be a bad thing if it were for real.

Are you getting all excited to see Mika soon? You have a lot of dates listed. You are so lucky to be so much closer to him than we are.

Excited? yeah that would be a bit of an understatement :naughty:

Although after these London dates it'll be the first time since February last year that I don't have a Mika concert booked :blink: So far there's always been anther one announced before the last one is over.

I have a feeling these London gigs are gonna be a bit special though. He did say that he'd make up for all of us who were at the cancelled one last time :thumb_yello: The MFC will be sooo quiet for those few hours, there are about 70+ members going to each one!

EDIT: IT'S JUST STOPPED!

Or I've gone deaf, not sure which.

Excited? yeah that would be a bit of an understatement :naughty:

Although after these London dates it'll be the first time since February last year that I don't have a Mika concert booked :blink: So far there's always been anther one announced before the last one is over.

I have a feeling these London gigs are gonna be a bit special though. He did say that he'd make up for all of us who were at the cancelled one last time :thumb_yello: The MFC will be sooo quiet for those few hours, there are about 70+ members going to each one!

EDIT: IT'S JUST STOPPED!

Or I've gone deaf, not sure which.

Wish I could go! That would be the trip of a lifetime for me! haha Traveling to the UK AND seeing Mika?

:wub2:

Haha, :yay: yay!