American Thread Part III

mandilambi

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I haven't gotten much sleep lately, and silly unnecessary drama. haha But I'm all right. I'm actually really excited because my school (public, mind you) just started a Christian Club, and I joined. And my school had been in the newspaper just last year because some kid accused the teacher (who is now running the club:punk: and is my favorite teacher) of preaching during class, when he clearly wasn't! He recorded him and sent it to NY news reporters and our school was one of the lead stories. Wohoo.:mf_rosetinted:

Glad things are going well with you. haha

Argh, I hate when computers run slow. Very frustrating.

Hey chinkalicious! :boxed: Why so early?

And how did that thing go?

I'm back for the moment!

Christina, it went okay. I was very nervous and I found the whole thing to be a little silly, so I wasn't terribly enthusiastic! I was just glad it was over, basically. LOL :)

Jess....wow, your school is big in the news! How cool to have that sort of club in a school. That sounds almost unheard of these days. :(

I'm back for the moment!

Christina, it went okay. I was very nervous and I found the whole thing to be a little silly, so I wasn't terribly enthusiastic! I was just glad it was over, basically. LOL :)

Jess....wow, your school is big in the news! How cool to have that sort of club in a school. That sounds almost unheard of these days. :(

What was this three little pigs thing?

Yea..it's also made some headlines with a sex scandal. My school's lovely, really.

But yea, I was really excited about this club and shocked at the turn out! The room was so full, kids had to stand all around the room. Probably about 40 kids showed up. I really had no idea that many kids were so strong in their faith at my school. I go to a huge school, over 460 kids in my junior class alone, and a lot of the kids around here aren't big on religion.

The Three Little Pigs thing was for my Children's Lit class. I had to choose a story to tell and I couldn't use a book. I had to tell it from memory. Booo! It was bogus.

Wow, that is impressive! I'm actually very shocked to hear about something like this...especially since most schools have gone so far as to never even talk about Christmas, etc.

Actually, that's exactly why my parents homeschooled me and my sibs. They didn't want the public schools to deny me the right to practice my religion....while also force-feeding me things that my parents didn't agree with. :)

The Three Little Pigs thing was for my Children's Lit class. I had to choose a story to tell and I couldn't use a book. I had to tell it from memory. Booo! It was bogus.

Wow, that is impressive! I'm actually very shocked to hear about something like this...especially since most schools have gone so far as to never even talk about Christmas, etc.

Actually, that's exactly why my parents homeschooled me and my sibs. They didn't want the public schools to deny me the right to practice my religion....while also force-feeding me things that my parents didn't agree with. :)

Ooh, that doesn't sound too fun. It went okay though you said, right?

Sometimes I wish I were home schooled.:naughty:

But yea, it's ridiculous how restricted religion is in schools. It's ridiculous the things my school has to do now because of the whole "Preacher Teacher" situation. We now have to have three assemblies a year about Science vs Creation. It's completely bogus.

hahah. you can call me lori! :D

My job interview went well i guess... i don't really know how to gauge how well it went quite yet... It was pretty funny though. The interviewer's phone card ran out of money in the middle and she had to call me back. haha

And I have to wake up so early because I tutor inner city kids in lab sciences on saturday mornings and I'm teaching the pre-lab lecture tomorrow on shark dissections.

...poopy... i need to be up in 6 hours.

My job interview went well i guess... i don't really know how to gauge how well it went quite yet... It was pretty funny though. The interviewer's phone card ran out of money in the middle and she had to call me back. haha

And I have to wake up so early because I tutor inner city kids in lab sciences on saturday mornings and I'm teaching the pre-lab lecture tomorrow on shark dissections.

:naughty: Makes things easier. I'm Jessica. :flowers2:

Haha, well, I'm glad it went well! Hope you get the job.:thumb_yello:

That sounds really interesting, but I'm not sure how much fun dissecting frogs at that hour is!

Jess...yeah, it went okay. I just thought it was so dumb that I even had to do it.

That's actually really awesome that your school is having that club, especially since you mentioned some controversy that happened there before. I agree that it's completely stupid how religion has been taken out of schools.

Lori, I am glad your interview seemed to go okay!

Jess...yeah, it went okay. I just thought it was so dumb that I even had to do it.

That's actually really awesome that your school is having that club, especially since you mentioned some controversy that happened there before. I agree that it's completely stupid how religion has been taken out of schools.

Lori, I am glad your interview seemed to go okay!

Yea, that sounds pretty odd.:blink:

I know! It was so cool to be there. And it's not just based on one religion, it's all different branches of Christianity, and the main focus of the group is Jesus, since we all agree that he is our savior. It's really interesting to learn more about other religions. And it shocked me that so many people were so open about their faith. I'm really excited about this club. It's the only one I've ever joined in school. haha

thanks! I hope it went well... Haha. Also I'm personally not religious but the whole removing religion from school thing was put in effect to protect children from feeling out casted if they were of different religions. Diversity is so important these days, but I don't think that the school system realizes that they seem to be making religion taboo and are in effect making the situation awkward in a whole different light for a particular group of students who are proud, practicing, individuals from their own respective religions. My high school was super duper liberal and we had a christian club and a judaism club, etc. It's so much more important to let people know that they're welcome to express their own ideas and beliefs, but sometimes it's so hard to do that without ostracizing other people. oh... poor school system. LOL

Well, that's definitely a good club to start out with! I hope it continues to be a success....especially since we are so lacking of faith nowadays...

Well, girlies...I have to run to bed now. I am getting sleepy and my eyes are starting to droop! LOL Talk to you tomorrow....hopefully my comp will move more quickly so my responses won't be ten mins apart... haha

Nightnight!!

thanks! I hope it went well... Haha. Also I'm personally not religious but the whole removing religion from school thing was put in effect to protect children from feeling out casted if they were of different religions. Diversity is so important these days, but I don't think that the school system realizes that they seem to be making religion taboo and are in effect making the situation awkward in a whole different light for a particular group of students who are proud, practicing, individuals from their own respective religions. My high school was super duper liberal and we had a christian club and a judaism club, etc. It's so much more important to let people know that they're welcome to express their own ideas and beliefs, but sometimes it's so hard to do that without ostracizing other people. oh... poor school system. LOL

:lol3: The school system really can never win!

But our school is free to have any other clubs too, really. If some people wanted an Athiest club, they can form one. Bhuddast, Muslim, basically any.

They want to please everyone. haha

Religion in schools is really hard since it's so controversial.

Well, I'm off to bed. I'm exhausted.

Good night Lori, have fun dissecting your sharks!

And good night Manda!

Lori!!! :huglove:

hi! I'm Vanessa from gabbly!...haha

:P how are you doing??