The local "today's hit music" stations won't play Mika!

yogabear90

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I gave up on American radio YEARS ago and it has only gotten worse, that is why we finally got satalite radio.

Telecommunications Act of 1996 consolidated radio. So you have a large company that owns radio stations in large areas.

Play lists are made and that is it.

The only way it is "about the music" is that it has to attract advertisers. Selling ad space pays millions.

Advertising makes me sick in general. It treats the viewer/listener like a complete moron.

I could set my watch to what song a station was going to play. It was like that everyday Mon-Fri.

At the Top Hits Stations are the worst. Clear Channel Communications had like 1,150 stations and they were looking to sell 448 of the ones that weren't a "Top Radio Station" .

I believe they had the largest share of radio stations across the US, at least back in 06/07

So I called this "today's hit music" radio station and requested Love Today, and the guy was like, "we dont have that one" (GASP)

so then i was like, "well what about Grace Kelly?"

and she said they didn't have that one either. so finally i was like, "do you have ANY mika songs?"

and then he said, (get ready for this)

"no, we dont play mika."

WHAT?!?!?!? OMG I WAS SOOO MAD. so now i am going to keep requesting and get my mika fan friends to keep requesting until they realize what a mistake they have made and that mika is more than qualified to be played on a "today's hit music station"

one day mika will become a huge hit in the united states and all the radio stations that have refused to play mika will be sorry!

What station was this??

It happened to me as well. I cursed them out!!!:blush-anim-cl: