What is wrong with some people?

mandilambi

While I was searching for any information on the Chicago performance, I came across this little tidbit - before reading beware, this guy has nothing good to say about Mika! I was just blown away by how ridiculous his comments were.

http://www.northbynorthwestern.com/2008/02/6673/concerts-for-the-week-16/#comment-35481

As you can see, I made a comment. I wanted to post something that would cut him down to size, but refrained. :)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like when people can't just constructively criticize something. Criticism is fine (in fact it's healthy) but just completely tearing down any artist is just annoying. What good does it do? None. It's a waste of time. Why even bother to write it? I don't expect everyone to like Mika, but come on.

LOL

should I post this?

Pshhhhttttt, you probably listen to Mika in your closet while your adjusting your shrine.

Haha, it does seem like the most outspoken people against an artist are the people who actually like them.

Anyway, I just find it hard for someone to say that hate an artist they've never seen in concert. Hate means a strong feeling so I guess he does indeed have strong feelings toward Mika. Plus, he mentions he's all looks. :naughty:

I think we may have started something. :mf_rosetinted:

#

Patrick St. Michel said,

February 18, 2008 @ 9:32 pm

Spelling fixed, thanks for pointing that out. But my stupidity still doesn’t erase the fact Mika used to write jingles for Orbitz chewing gum. Anybody who used to write jingles deserves a good “spewin.”

The thing that bothers me is that he goes so far as to say he hates Mika. *Hates* I mean, please, is your life that sad that you are going to hate someone just because you don't like their music?

Apparently so. You know what? Every guy like this is one less person to battle for concert tickets and the like.

Mika has enough of a passionately loyal fan base for him - or us, for that matter - to be concerned with the occasional hater. It's his (the hater)'s loss, really.

Is "Val" anyone on here?

I feel like letting out a big 'HELL YEAH!' to her comment..

"Patrick,

I’m sincerely happy for you.. You started at the very top, you had no ladder to climb, right?

Get something better to do, than to criticize someone that the age of 11 knew what he wanted in life. He did an Orbitz jingle when he was 13, they right question to ask is, how many 13 year old can actually say they’ve achieved that??"

Is "Val" anyone on here?

I feel like letting out a big 'HELL YEAH!' to her comment..

"Patrick,

I’m sincerely happy for you.. You started at the very top, you had no ladder to climb, right?

Get something better to do, than to criticize someone that the age of 11 knew what he wanted in life. He did an Orbitz jingle when he was 13, they right question to ask is, how many 13 year old can actually say they’ve achieved that??"

Yeahh! I was just about to ask that! I love that chick for posting that !

That's the main problem of the Internet I think. Everybody's a critic on it. Thing is, not everybody knows how to be a critic. There is a way to express your views and how you feel about an artist without having to bash him or her.

That being said,

I'm not surprised. The morning after the Mika show in Montreal, at a show called "Salut Bonjour", the critic who attended the concert didn't like it and didn't have that many nice comments regarding Mika either. Still, even if I think he was totally wrong on some manners, he did say something that is actually intelligent:

"Mika is a artist who's music you either love, or you hate."

It's as simple as that. Even if I have to say that I'm a little annoyed when people don't like the same things I do, as long as they don't bash my beloved artist and respect my views and feelings, than, that's fine.

LOL I think you guys are killing his server...the page won't even open for me anymore. :naughty:

It opens fine for me.... :roftl:

That's the main problem of the Internet I think. Everybody's a critic on it. Thing is, not everybody knows how to be a critic. There is a way to express your views and how you feel about an artist without having to bash him or her.

That being said,

I'm not surprised. The morning after the Mika show in Montreal, at a show called "Salut Bonjour", the critic who attended the concert didn't like it and didn't have that many nice comments regarding Mika either. Still, even if I think he was totally wrong on some manners, he did say something that is actually intelligent:

"Mika is a artist who's music you either love, or you hate."

It's as simple as that. Even if I have to say that I'm a little annoyed when people don't like the same things I do, as long as they don't bash my beloved artist and respect my views and feelings, than, that's fine.

Yeah, at least he had something nice to say... Well ... you know what I mean... I hope.