Brit Awards 2008: Mika - it’s ridiculous I’ve got four nominations

greta

http://fametastic.co.uk/archive/20080220/9871/brit-awards-2008-mika-its-ridiculous-ive-got-four-nominations/

Mika has said he’s pleased that this year’s Brit Award nominations reflect the resurgence of pop in the British music world. He told the Sun recently: “I think pop became a very dirty word after the 1990s. I think that a lot of the record company-driven music is what gave pop a bad name in the Nineties.”

“But I didn’t care. From the beginning I was unashamedly saying that I make pop music. I was always like, ‘I make pop music and there’s nothing wrong with that’.”

But even still, the chart-topper can’t believe he’s nominated in four categories - Best British Male, Breakthrough Artist, Best Single and Best Album: “I know, isn’t that ridiculous? It’s scary.”

“Quite frankly I’d love to win one. I’d like to get British Male but the competition is fierce.”

Mika is set to open tonight’s ceremony but he’s a bit worried about his act. He told the Mirror: “It’s so complex. I wanted to build my own theatre with all these moving parts and coloured lights but I haven’t slept for days worrying about bits of it going wrong. The pressure has completely got to me.”

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic