Spread A Little Bit of Love

CazGirl

what have you done today to change someone's mood?

I was innocently roaming around down Southend, minding my own business when a late middle aged / elderly woman came up to me, and I heard "Havens Hospice" (or whatever it's called lol) so I turned around and said "oh, would you like me to donate?" and she said "yes please" so I fished around in my purse, found a 50p and put it in the pot. She gave her thanks, and said it was nice to see someone who was nice xD I said "no problem" and continued on.

I was then stopped by another person, this time a middle aged man, and he noticed the McDonalds bag I was carrying (I know, I know, but all the sandwiches in the shops have salad in them and i hate the stuff, and I couldn't be bothered to pick it out, so I got a Maccy D's instead) and he jokingly said "hello love, can I have a chip?" so I smiled and said "sure, go ahead" and put my bag towards him, but he said "no, it's okay, I wouldn't take your dinner from your mouth."

Anyway, so he asked how old I was because he was one of those leaflet people, but I admit I lied and said I was 17 (I'm 18) and he said "aww, when are you 18?" so I said "This summer". He said "17's a nice age to be at, I'm at the age where it's kind of dwindling away" and he laughed as I said "awww!" then he said "sorry, I've just had a bit of a sh*t day" so as I was about to make my way, I turned around and said "are you sure you don't want a chip?"

He smiled, said "you're a princess" and took three (the cheeky bugger :naughty:) and I said "I aim to please", we both gave our goodbyes and off I went again.

I was on the train, and I arrived at my station. I got to the stairs and noticed a woman with a pram. She said to a man "sorry, can you help me down the stairs please?" he said "sure" and she replied "thank you very much"

On first appearances, the man looked really scruffy and not very pleasant, but it goes to show that you shouldn't stereotype or judge a book by it's cover. The man may not have carried a smile but he carried a caring heart. Seeing it really made me warm inside.

I then went to get my fringe cut and noticed that the hairdressers had changed - it looked so good! they got an entirely new desk and it was in a different place, and they had a widescreen plasma TV on the wall! (and who was on it? Mika with "Relax! Take it easy" of course!)

anyway, I was served by a cheerful woman and I gave her a £1.00 tip, and complimented on how good the shop looked.

I feel really happy and content with myself. It's amazing how being nice and seeing nice things can change things. Even if it's just saying hello (I clocked eyes with a man and I smiled, in which he replied "alright?")

Seriously, spread a little love today.

People don't look past their noses these days. Look a little bit closer - there's always a bit of happiness and love that you can find. And if it can't be found, it can be created.

The world IS a happy place - you've just got the find the happiness within yourself and spread, spread, SPREAD.

So, spread a little love today and see what you can find :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a nice day Caz!

My nice thing tonight is writing to everyone I could find from MFC on youtube to try to save their accounts from deletion for posting Brits vids...(I wish I had been a bit quicker, couldn't save Bab or Christine...:thumbdown:)

What a nice day Caz!

My nice thing tonight is writing to everyone I could find from MFC on youtube to try to save their accounts from deletion for posting Brits vids...(I wish I had been a bit quicker, couldn't save Bab or Christine...:thumbdown:)

AWWWW nooo that's awful! But hey, you tried!! And that's what counts!! Good on ya :biggrin2:

Hippie! :bleh:

I do like being nice to people though.. Back in my goth days I'd get treated really crappy by people in stores and in the streets even, just because of the way I looked.. So I know how people feel, being judged by their appearance.

I try to look past that and treat everyone equally.

When people stop me in the street I try to always be friendly to them.

Hmm spreading love..

Welll a couple of days ago I was in the tram and it had to take a detour because of the derailing of another tram.. So a women sat next to me, panicking because the tram was taking a different route and she didn't know where she was going.. and didn't speak Dutch.

So I tried to calm her down and told her that it was just taking a different route. She told me that she had to go to her Dutch lesson and if she was going to make it in time.

So I called her teacher for her and explained what had happened and that she'd probably be a couple of minutes late.

Being able to help her with that just made me really happy. It's really nothing but it made my day knowing that I'd helped somebody. :)

A little bit of love.. little bit of love.. little bit of looooveeee.. :)

Hippie! :bleh:

I do like being nice to people though.. Back in my goth days I'd get treated really crappy by people in stores and in the streets even, just because of the way I looked.. So I know how people feel, being judged by their appearance.

I try to look past that and treat everyone equally.

When people stop me in the street I try to always be friendly to them.

Hmm spreading love..

Welll a couple of days ago I was in the tram and it had to take a detour because of the derailing of another tram.. So a women sat next to me, panicking because the tram was taking a different route and she didn't know where she was going.. and didn't speak Dutch.

So I tried to calm her down and told her that it was just taking a different route. She told me that she had to go to her Dutch lesson and if she was going to make it in time.

So I called her teacher for her and explained what had happened and that she'd probably be a couple of minutes late.

Being able to help her with that just made me really happy. It's really nothing but it made my day knowing that I'd helped somebody. :)

A little bit of love.. little bit of love.. little bit of looooveeee.. :)

oh Diana that was so nice of you!!

and you noticed i used Mika's lyric lol, but did you notice i used a Mika song title as well? :naughty:

Great day for Caz!

I believe in karma - i must have done something good today because we couldn't find a parking spot anywhere in the town, then a car went from one right outside the Job centre which was where i needed to be..... but i still didn't find a job i wanted :thumbdown:

I always try to be honest. If someone drops a fiver, i have to run after them and give it back, otherwise i'd give it to charity because i'd feel really guilty keeping it!

oh Diana that was so nice of you!!

and you noticed i used Mika's lyric lol, but did you notice i used a Mika song title as well? :naughty:

But ofcourse I noticed. :)

Being nice to people on the streets is really wonderful. Maybe I'm a hippie at heart too. :mf_rosetinted:

The world would be a much better place if people would just relax and be friendly with one another!

Being nice to people on the streets is really wonderful. Maybe I'm a hippie at heart too. :mf_rosetinted:

The world would be a much better place if people would just relax and be friendly with one another!

LOL! When I say something like that I get called a "carebear." :naughty:

dcdeb

Great day for Caz!

I believe in karma - i must have done something good today because we couldn't find a parking spot anywhere in the town, then a car went from one right outside the Job centre which was where i needed to be..... but i still didn't find a job i wanted :thumbdown:

I always try to be honest. If someone drops a fiver, i have to run after them and give it back, otherwise i'd give it to charity because i'd feel really guilty keeping it!

everything happens for a reason, right? )

Peace man. :rasta:

Ive had a good day today as well.

I had a job interview this morning - the fourth of the week.

It was the best job interview i have ever had, it was a group one - 8 of us.

There wasnt a single person in that group that i didnt like or wouldnt have willed the job to go to.

We had one of these 'tell us about yourselves' icebreakers, but we had to add to it the last film we saw in the cinema and the thing we are most proud of in our lives, and that couldnt be our children (not that i have them).

As we went round the room, these speeches started to get longer and longer as we got more conversational and started asking eachother questions and generally chattting and laughing - i think we all forgot we were being interviewed it was that much fun.

Then it came around to the man who had been the quietest.

He said this (not word for word):

'I Martin i'm 51 years old, divorced and currently unemployed. I havent been to the cinema in a long long time to the extent that the last film i saw way Forest Gump *pause for a laugh*. I know the thing in your lives that we are most proud of for the sake of this interview cant be our children, but mine is related to that. Im most proud of the fact that i have gotten this far in my life - thats an achievement enough *cue anothe laugh and a few nods*. My son is 21, he has huge learning difficulties and has the mental age of a teenager. Because of his learning difficulties, he can't read or write and can barely speak, he understand what you are saying, he just can't respond to the degree that we here can. Because of this is mental age is a very much lower 4.

The only school for anyone living in the Hertfordshire (population over a million) with learning difficulties such as this happens to be in Derbyshire. Luckily it is a residential school during the week so we have to bring him back during the weekend. Each Friday i make a 6 hour round trip to get him, its 3hrs each way plus time getting him ready and in the car, on Sunday, it is a 4hr round trip.

Last year i was made redundant, my ex-wife has been supporting me financially during that time for my general living expenses as well as petrol money and at christmas. It was heartbreaking for me at Christmas to realise that i had failed as a father to the extent that i could not afford to get my son a present for chirstmas and so i am here, to get back into the work force so i can give my son the life he diserves.'

-

How sad is that?

So after a few of the women composed themselves and wiped the tears away, we carried on around the room.

After that, people's stories became more in detail, and we were all hooked on what everyone was saying.

My turn was second from last.

The things i was proud of was a selection of three (which was okay as most did more than one).

Mine were that i have won 8 photography competitions throughout the UK with no training or qualifications beating much older professionals.

My second was that a few years ago i set up a site that started as an msn group (we still use it sometimes) which developed into a full site.

The group was a charity, forum and site that offered help and support for young people and teenagers with a medical condition which i also have.

In short (although i explained it a little more to them), it is a genetic kind of cancer as well as other symptoms which can manifest in many ways from epilepsy to brain tumours. Because it is such a rare and 'dangerous' condition, most treatements for different aspects are resigned to those who are over 18.

The site which i created supports and helps those across the world who are aged 6-19 who have this condition. We find out information about clinical trials, new proceedures, publish the works of medical professionals who have worked on cures, and generally provide a place where people with the condition can talk to others in the same situation and get support when hospitals walk away.

...By this point the whole rooms was in dead silence...some people were crying others just staring at me, some sat with jaws dropped.

No one spoke for a good few minutes so i decided to continue with my last achievement.

Last year i was traveling to London by train to take a break. It was afew days after i got out of hospital (remember when i disappeared from here with no explanation). I just wanted to get away and be somewhere else so that i could evaluate my life and work out what it was i was going to do.

A few weeks earlier i had attempted to take my own life. Shortly before when i started to notice the signs of such an idea within myself i signed up to be a donor. Because i have a good knowledge about the hospitals i know that there is a huge shortage of organs for those who are critically ill.

While i was in hospital being kept an eye on, i was told that i could not be a donor. Because of my condition, my blood and organs were of no use to anyone. That broke my heart, genetics meant that i have been made wrongly, that in a physical sense i was a failure. My thinking was that even if i didnt want or like myself or my life, someone else could have the time that i didnt want. I sat on that train thinking that it comes to something that there is something so badly wrong with you that even people who are dying cannot be helped.

As i was thinking this a man in the train carriage got up and walked towards the toilet. Halfway there, he collapsed. I lept up to help, as the daughter of a childminder i know first aid although i am not officially trained.

He had no pulse and wasn't breathing.

I looked around for help, it was a crowded train, easily around 25 people in that carriage - no one else got up.

So i threw my mobile at someone sat nearby and told them to call 999 as i started CPR.

They dialed the phone and gave it back to me whilst it was ringing. I was 16 and on the floor attempting to save this man's life and no one was willing to help.

In the gap between breathing for the man and attemtping to start his heart, i hit the loudspeaker on the phone just an operator answered.

I gave her his stats, told her where we were, in what carriage, and how long until we would be at the next station so that an ambulance could be ready to meet us.

We were only 5minutes away but it was the longest 5minutes of my life.

During that time i managed to start the man's heart again and got him breathing, he was still passed out, but he was alive.

As we pulled into the next station, paramedics ran onto the train and took over. I gave them my details and they whisked him off to hospital.

Later on that day i recieved a call from the hospital - he was awake and asking for 'the woman' who saved his life. A few days later i was sent the biggest bunch of flowers you could ever see and a letter from him and his wife who met him in hospital.

I carried on life as normal but with the knowledge that maybe i COULD do something in this world.

At christmas i was sent a card with another letter inside telling me again how thankful he was and included with the letter was a photo of his granddaughter who was born 2 weeks later.

-

When i finished my story, without a second thought, everyone in the room including the 5 observers sat at the back and the company manager all gave me a standing ovation - there wasnt one person who wasn't crying.

After a suprisingly emotional but none the less excellent interview (and a round of drinks afterward because for some reason we all headed to the pub) i went home to find my inbox had been flooded with messages.

The person who had been emailing me was a friend of mine who has been very depressed lately and has been known to self harm.

I phoned them immediately, she was nearby as she had been heading over anyway.

When she arrived she was crying, her wrists were cut.

I grabbed the first aid kit for the children and took her upstairs.

The wounds werent fatal but very bad. As i dealt with them and bandaged her up we talked. She had had enough wanted to end it all. We sat for 2hrs talking it through until she was ready to leave and until i was sure that she (and her injury) were safe. As she went to leave she turned around with a smile and said this, and its something i dont think i will forget:

'Holly, when i arrived here i was covered im my own tears and blood, scared and not knowing what to do. But i knew you would know the answer, i knew you would understand when no one else does. Now i am leaving with a smile and the confidence to know that life is more than the sum of its parts and with the knowledge that i am better than it all, that i can be somebody, and that someone cares - Thank you so so much'

^ That was the icing on the cake for the day.

After she left i came on here needling a little tlc myself, i was emotionally drained. It had been a great day and now i was greeted with you guys, the people who never fail to make me smile and have indeed done so.

Its a long post, but there you go.

It seems i have made several people's days today - and you have all made mine.

reading your post caz really cheered me up (not that I was feeling down) but it was just so nice to read from a young person with a good healthy happiness bug for a change, its true that a smile is something you give, costs nowt and 9 times out of ten you get one back .

I'm loving your positive attitude :thumb_yello:

I guess I just gave even better customer service today and saved a fair few customers money, time, etc etc, and I will be sewing a dress for Vix tonight so she will be pleased about that.

I just love your threads Caz :roftl:

But wow Pinkie! I'm just ...speechless! I alomst cried on my laptop :tears:

I wanted to say though, that loads of you guys on the MFC are just wonderful ! And I really mean it! You are so wise and really true in what you believe in! I don't know how to express it properly but it's pretty much that.

reading your post caz really cheered me up (not that I was feeling down) but it was just so nice to read from a young person with a good healthy happiness bug for a change, its true that a smile is something you give, costs nowt and 9 times out of ten you get one back .

I'm loving your positive attitude :thumb_yello:

I guess I just gave even better customer service today and saved a fair few customers money, time, etc etc, and I will be sewing a dress for Vix tonight so she will be pleased about that.

aww thanks Viv :wub2:

I just love your threads Caz :roftl:

why the laughing? :tears:

pinkie, just PM'd you.

Pinky - that is a beautiful post - with so much hope,

and so many lessons!! Thankyou :wub2:

My stalker returns - as i said to Caz, it didnt seam so amazing to me, but my inbox was flooded with messages saying otherwise...so there you go.

If anyone passes out on a train, don't sit there.

I can spread my commandments to the few of you who have read this thread lol.

Pink...that's beautiful. :tears: You had me tearing up, too.

Everybody here..wow. It's so refreshing to see that there are other people in this world who are kind to strangers, and instead of giving out dirty looks, they give out a little something that could make someone's day, or even their life.

You people amaze and inspire me.

Pink...that's beautiful. :tears: You had me tearing up, too.

Everybody here..wow. It's so refreshing to see that there are other people in this world who are kind to strangers, and instead of giving out dirty looks, they give out a little something that could make someone's day, or even their life.

You people amaze and inspire me.

you know what else makes me smile? your signature :roftl: