2008 - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS for Mika @ The Hammersmith Apollo - London (25 Feb)

Niki27

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i just think because he has always done it, people expect it and feel sad if it doesn't happen. truth is, we shouldn't take it for granted that it is going to happen every time, but feel lucky if it does. i think we are too demanding sometimes... as for john & mika... i think they play good cop, bad cop lol but that's my opinion! ;o) and you are right, no other artist does what he does so...

I'VE BEEN THINKING "GOOD COP/BAD COP" FOR A WHILE NOW!

[sometimes, maybe, it's necessary?]

Blue Eyes, the rest of your pictures are STUNNING! Thank you! I love that smile during the "Love Today" drumming, and the after-show picture. Smart of you to stay on the right (ie correct, lol) side of the van!

With regards to the meet & greets, I agree that they may become less frequent or disappear all together. It's a shame for the fans, but I can only imagine his popularity is going to grow. (Darnit, lol! God, I want it to, but don't...you know?) :mf_lustslow:

And actually, this is weird but I worry that if Mika stops meeting fans after shows, how will we get all of our lovely gifts to him? That seems to be the main way to do it, and everyone here is SO creative and amazing with the gifts they make/buy. (I'm even thinking about his birthday present this year.) Is there actually an address people have used that works in case no one can see him after a show? Hmmm...:cool:

Also, I'm questioning how this going "official" thing is really going to change the MFC. I don't know how much people are truly expecting to get out of it, but I honestly don't think the perks are going to be what we expect. :blink:

OK only just got back from London about an hour ago so have been trying to catch up on this thread

Right for starters here's Big Girl - it's the whole song :wink2:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2ixzl8

I was trying to put the damn thing on YouTube (have never uploaded anything on it before - it wasn't working - so have tried sendspace instead)

Still have to upload

Any Other World

How Much Do You Love Me

Bits of Love Today (Gray Skelly Bit and Trash Can Drumming) I was dancing far too much to do the rest :roftl:

Grace Kelly - well the end

Lollipop

Show was fecking incredible - Got right to the front - but well I was there since before 12.00 so am not surprised lol

Will do a full report on my first Mika experience in a mo

About the after meet-up though. I agree with everyone who said it was a joke. I pretty much always do what I'm told - so If someone tells me to line up somewhere that's what I'll do. I'm not a pushy person. I would have been in a good position too on that side.

Then the car arrived and I thought he was just going to leave (I had gifts for him and would have been absolutely gutted if I couldn't have given them to him after spending hours bloody making them - but well what would be would be). Everyone was just kinda stood there waving at him.

Then the crowd kind of disappeared. I didn't realise why at first, then realised he'd gone and got out of the car on the other side - everyone pretty much legged it. I stood there a moment not sure what to do or where to go, there was so many people crowding him.

By the time I got round there John was getting really shirty, saying if anyone else walked in front of the car they would be leaving. I somehow managed to avoid falling over two massive bags that were lying haphazordly on the floor and found myself a space near one of the stewards about 4 people away from Mika. Then some people moved and I kind of had everything in this bag (all the gifts and that) so I just kind of held it up and said his name. Didn't think for a minute he'd hear me. He bloody did though. :mf_lustslow:

He turned and looked at me, at which point I thought "Damn I'm gonna have to speak to him now - nerves nerves - So I just held the bag towards him and asked him if I could just give him these as they were bracelets and necklaces I'd made him and some gifts for him too. He gave me a gorgeous smile and grinned at me and took my bag and said Thank You. :wub2:

I think he still had hold of my bag as he drove off which he did seconds later.

I feel really bad now though after reading Caz's report though. I was just lucky I guess, but it should have been better organized.

I still felt abit disappointed we didn't get longer with him though as it was only about 11.30 when he left. I mean it's not like we want to spend hours with him or whatever - but abit more so people aren't disappointed.

Anyway will type up concert report in a moment but Caz has pretty much nailed it and it won't be a Mana type report either.

OK only just got back from London about an hour ago so have been trying to catch up on this thread

Right for starters here's Big Girl - it's the whole song :wink2:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2ixzl8

I was trying to put the damn thing on YouTube (have never uploaded anything on it before - it wasn't working - so have tried sendspace instead)

Still have to upload

Any Other World

How Much Do You Love Me

Bits of Love Today (Gray Skelly Bit and Trash Can Drumming) I was dancing far too much to do the rest :roftl:

Grace Kelly - well the end

Lollipop

Show was fecking incredible - Got right to the front - but well I was there since before 12.00 so am not surprised lol

Will do a full report on my first Mika experience in a mo

About the after meet-up though. I agree with everyone who said it was a joke. I pretty much always do what I'm told - so If someone tells me to line up somewhere that's what I'll do. I'm not a pushy person. I would have been in a good position too on that side.

Then the car arrived and I thought he was just going to leave (I had gifts for him and would have been absolutely gutted if I couldn't have given them to him after spending hours bloody making them - but well what would be would be). Everyone was just kinda stood there waving at him.

Then the crowd kind of disappeared. I didn't realise why at first, then realised he'd gone and got out of the car on the other side - everyone pretty much legged it. I stood there a moment not sure what to do or where to go, there was so many people crowding him.

By the time I got round there John was getting really shirty, saying if anyone else walked in front of the car they would be leaving. I somehow managed to avoid falling over two massive bags that were lying haphazordly on the floor and found myself a space near one of the stewards about 4 people away from Mika. Then some people moved and I kind of had everything in this bag (all the gifts and that) so I just kind of held it up and said his name. Didn't think for a minute he'd hear me. He bloody did though. :mf_lustslow:

He turned and looked at me, at which point I thought "Damn I'm gonna have to speak to him now - nerves nerves - So I just held the bag towards him and asked him if I could just give him these as they were bracelets and necklaces I'd made him and some gifts for him too. He gave me a gorgeous smile and grinned at me and took my bag and said Thank You. :wub2:

I think he still had hold of my bag as he drove off which he did seconds later.

I feel really bad now though after reading Caz's report though. I was just lucky I guess, but it should have been better organized.

I still felt abit disappointed we didn't get longer with him though as it was only about 11.30 when he left. I mean it's not like we want to spend hours with him or whatever - but abit more so people aren't disappointed.

Anyway will type up concert report in a moment but Caz has pretty much nailed it and it won't be a Mana type report either.

Hi Laurel, I'm so glad you had a great time and got to meet the man himself:thumb_yello: Look forward to report

I'VE BEEN THINKING "GOOD COP/BAD COP" FOR A WHILE NOW!

[sometimes, maybe, it's necessary?]

LET'S SEE NOW . . .

SINCE JAN 21st through FEB 28 MIKA WILL HAVE "DONE" . . .

-THE FIAT THING,

-THE NRJ AWARDS,

-15 (SINGLE EVENING) PERFORMANCES IN NORTH AMERICA + LONDON,

(which included unexpected obstacles--which were very well-managed--

in both Salt Lake City & Vancouver!)

-THE GRAMMY AWARDS

(where he was nominated, but did not take the award home,)

-THE "TONIGHT SHOW,"

-THE BRIT AWARDS (performing the opening act, which included set design,)

+ receiving an award (out of 4 nominations,) --all while enduring bronchitis!)

+ various promotions & interviews.

[i'm sure this list is not all inclusive.]

PONDER THAT!

I think MIKA will continue to meet/greet fans when it makes sense.

Maybe, sometimes, it just doesn't make good sense!

B R A V O

M I K A!

All good points, Alice...he's gotta be exhausted...and no doubt he wants to give the fans all he can, but right now, the shows/performances are taking most of a limited supply of energy. Feeling sorry for all the disappointed ones, though, and hope they will have a chance in the future...

Humbly i ask: would someone please, please, please tell me:

1. Who is Christine

2. What is the DaMango event

Dying to know

Thanks for bearing with me...:blush-anim-cl: :blush-anim-cl:

Patty

All good points, Alice...he's gotta be exhausted...and no doubt he wants to give the fans all he can, but right now, the shows/performances are taking most of a limited supply of energy. Feeling sorry for all the disappointed ones, though, and hope they will have a chance in the future...

Humbly i ask: would someone please, please, please tell me:

1. Who is Christine

2. What is the DaMango event

Dying to know

Thanks for bearing with me...:blush-anim-cl: :blush-anim-cl:

Patty

I read about DaMango's story on the Vancouver thread. She is a singer and Mika knew that when he met her without her saying anything about it. I think she had her info on her myspace page.

Now my question, what competition did CazGirl win? I missed that.

Thanks!:wink2:

LAUREL, I'm so glad you had a good time, especially getting right at the front. Well done. He does a spectacular show doesn't he? It's a theatrical extravaganza with Mika music.

The meet/greet was badly organised and sounds like John was being a moody a*$e. Pity he can upset so many people. Mika always looks obliging, but I guess you have to draw the line somewhere. Everyone wants a piece of him. Enjoy the early days as this meet/greet thing can't last.

I read about DaMango's story on the Vancouver thread. She is a singer and Mika knew that when he met her without her saying anything about it. I think she had her info on her myspace page.

Thanks CB, but don't know what competition CazGirl was in ...saw earlier question but didn't see an answer (read the whole thread :wink2: must have had to do with the cancelled gig though....

Patty

Have you seen this link yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_UEf-wY86o :mf_lustslow:

I thought Cazgirl would be on???

but since no-ones answered your question:

EDIT: Ok so it has been answered:bleh:

Cazgirl won a MySpace comp in May 2007 for the SBE Gig, basically you were asked to dress up "Fantastically" or do a video in dress up dancing to one of Mika's songs. 5 winners were picked (I think???) and got free tickets to the gig. I think that there were other places that people won tickets for: Leeds, Birmingham...Such a long time ago:wink2:

here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM7Q8kcorSc

it's ok,caz?

so,thanks again blue eyes,those pixs are amazing...and specially the last one,with his smiling and ...my bag!!!!!!!!:mf_lustslow:

Cazgirl won a MySpace comp in May 2007 for the SBE Gig, basically you were asked to dress up "Fantastically" or do a video in dress up dancing to one of Mika's songs. 5 winners were picked (I think???) and got free tickets to the gig. I think that there were other places that people won tickets for: Leeds, Birmingham...Such a long time ago:wink2:

Thank you! The videos were great, CazGirl.

EDIT: Ok so it has been answered:bleh:

Oh yeah i remember this!

I enered but i didnt win...

The think the winners were:

xLAURENx

Sparkly1

Vix

CazGirl

And i cant remember the rest!

LUCKY LUCKY people they were!:biggrin2: