2008 - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS for Mika @ The Hammersmith Apollo - London (25 Feb)

Niki27

OK Part Two (Computer is being crappy and slow so bear with me)

About 2.00 pm a steward came along and started putting up the barriers, said he knew we'd all been numbered and could he have 1-10 first. Thank God I swallowed my shyness and got my sodding number I was thinking at this moment - otherwise I would have been stood there numberless and pissed off. The whole queueing thing seemed to be abit more open now - the whole singing thing started off - have no clue who you guys were or are - but you were really good. Especially the lad - hit the high notes pretty well. Went abit red when he got some of the lyrics wrong. Really enjoyed that. MFC'ers I know I spoke to were Robertina, Kath, Haeschen02, others I'm not too sure of their names - a lady who had her daughter with her on crutches. Hats of to this girl cos' she went down the front. Hope she managed to stay there. An oldie who had her two kids with her. She had a blue top on. Sorry I'm so bad with names. She seemed really familiar to me as well, have no idea why as I know I've never met her. Deja-Vu maybe. Or is she famous :roftl:

Laughed when Babs arrived cos' everyone near me went mad. Are you all sure we came to see Mika and not the Babspanky show. Twas funny. :wink2:

DOORS OPEN - MAD RUSH TO GET INSIDE...

I don't do running, I'm not designed to run. Got to barrier though - about where Mikey would be. Chuffed. Now we wait and wait and wait.

They played Blur's Country House. Felt a tad nostalgic, have been a huge fan of theirs since I was 16 - last saw them in 2003. Am probably never gonna see them live again. Could've played a better tune though.

They then redeemed themselves by playing Arcade Fire, and not any old song. They played Keep The Car Running. My fave fave Arcade Fire song.

Palladium (is that how it's spelt - can't be bothered to check) were quite good. Really liked their enegetic keyboardist. What is it with Mika having curly haired people surporting him. Does he do it just to prove he has better hair or something.

Seriously though I quite liked them - but they had a bad deal .....

I WANT TO SEE FLIPPING MIKA .....

Part Three next .... Concert woop!

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've had the same feeling that they, unfortunately, must come to an end at some point. The questions are when and how? As in, when it ends, will it end abruptly or will there be a period of these half-hearted meet and greets..

In that perspective (or in his perspective?) he does his best trying to please fans. It's not always fair or equal treatmeant, but he tries. And we love him for it. :thumb_yello:

Yeah, the gig sure seemed to have been amazing! :punk:

If he does meet and greets - we complain

If he doesn't - we complain

Poor man, he never wins :roftl:

Ahaha i agree. i knew it would come to an end eventually too, but i don't want it to u know because there are people who knew about him early last yr, like Caz, and myself well not that early 4 me but early enough i think - april, who never got to meet him. and i know it's a selfish thing to want because it's not a mandatory thing for him to do in the first place, but because he has spoilt us we lose sight of the fact that it's optional and lucky even if he does the meet and greet, instead of being disappointed we didn't get one.

but hey it would be like us not giving him gifts u know...like we don't have to do all what we do but we do anyway and he sure loves getting gifts...so ok i don't know where i'm going with this :roftl:

who is the girl in the background on the right.. with the pink earring ? is that mariposa?

yes it is! i didnt know it was her until right at the end lol

Awww thats a nice piccy:biggrin2:

Damn your not!? Arghh.

I WAS...But then i told YOU that i wasnt going to that gig and that i was going to the 28th! :bleh:

Hahaa...Oh well atleast you had a good time.

did you?! oh well. AND GOD DAMMIT WOMAN have you lost your phone or summat?!

Laurel - the guy who kept getting the lyrics wrong was Aurelian lol. part french part american. He's a GREAT guy - managed to chat with him at the end when we were waiting for Mika.

The singing was SOOOOOO MUCH FUN! I have videos of us singing love today and ring ring lol, but pictures first!

aw she is lovely ! love her coat :wub2: do you know if she brought my violet book with her :blush-anim-cl: :blush-anim-cl:

i have no idea, I'm sorry :tears:

i'm also sorry that i didnt take a truck load of pics. Christine's camera is MUCH better than mine and i dont have a lot of memory, so i thought i'd leave it to the better people lol xDDD

but anyway, here's a few more with a few more to come...

DSCF1223.jpg

Blurry mika:

DSCF1224.jpg

My Interpretation I think.

DSCF1225.jpg

My report :biggrin2:

So, we left around 2:15pm, soo excited. We got halfway up the road and my mum says 'Oh, I've forgotten my oyster card.' I groaned, and waited with my sister in the cold while she went back to get them. Bus number 1 missed.

We got to the bus stop and waited 10 minutes, cold, but really excited, because we had my iPod on and we were dancing :naughty: Then Paige relises she's forgotten her wings.

"Can't you live without them?" I ask, impatiently. "There's 3 minutes until the bus comes!"

"No." She replies.

"Paige, their just wings." My mum adds. BUt my sister was adamant so I said she had to run. 4 minutes later, the bus passes us by. Bus No.2 missed.

So she came back, and we didn't have to wait so long for this one. We reached the tram station and you guessed it; we watched the tram leave the station. Tram Missed.

The rest of the way there was uneventful, really. Got the right trains, blah blah blah.

So we got in the queue, and I tried to spot anyone I recognised, and unfortunately I didn't. So I ummed and ahhed about whether or not I should ask someone, knowing if they said 'What's an MFCer?' or 'What's the MFC' I'd feel awkward, and a bit stupid. So, instead, I took out my iPod and started talking to my mum and Paige. Then my mum drops the most horrible bombshell...

How Much Do You Love Me

http://www.sendspace.com/file/49piq9

Sorry these are taking awhile but they're kind of big as whole songs.

Enjoy though...

Downloading! :biggrin2:

did you?! oh well. AND GOD DAMMIT WOMAN have you lost your phone or summat?!

Yes i did:bleh:...

And as a matter of fact, i have:naughty:

Ive got a new number now i will PM you it in a sec.

Caz...Love the pics. I love that he kept the candlebra from the Salt Lake City show. It's so funny to see it appear in every show after SLC. Of course, he had candles in it for SLC and now, they are all lit up. It really is a cool prop.

yeah it was really pretty, even if it did add a gothic sense to any other world lol :roftl:

Warning: Mikagasmic pix coming up

DSCF1229.jpg

DSCF1232.jpg

DSCF1233.jpg

Nice, yummy pics. Yay, the handbrace is off too.

handbrace? :blink:

Me and Jemma after the disappointment of not meeting Mika...*i look drugged lol*

DSCF1234.jpg

I stole some streamers LOL, i found the snow that Mika chucked at us dow my top, Nicki gave me the lollipop and there's my ticket!

DSCF1238.jpg

Yeah, in many of the U.S. shows, he had a brace (bandages) on his right hand. :(

Awe, there's sweet Jemma and she's wearing the Butterfly Lounge Badge! What a great pic of you two.

ohhh yeah i recall seeing pictures. i wonder what happened.

Caz, thanks for the pictures! They were great!

Oh, btw, I love your hair. *jealous*

you do? yay! thanks!

videos are now uploading onto youtube...

Just read the whole thread and I want to thank to everyone for the reports and pictures. Blue Eyes- great pictures, I must say.:thumb_yello:

Caz- I'm really sorry you didn't get to meet Mika last night. I know it's getting harder to meet the big man but I really think you deserve this. However I'm 100% sure that you'll get your chance sooner or later.:wink2:

I so need another gig

Cannot wait for the next tour

The HMDYLM video just brought back memories of how amazing those gigs are

That's exactly how I feel...I need another gig as much as a diabetic needs a shot of insulin.

I need my dose.:naughty:

Just read the whole thread and I want to thank to everyone for the reports and pictures. Blue Eyes- great pictures, I must say.:thumb_yello:

Caz- I'm really sorry you didn't get to meet Mika last night. I know it's getting harder to meet the big man but I really think you deserve this. However I'm 100% sure that you'll get your chance sooner or later.:wink2:

Thanks, it's so nice to see how many people understand and how supportive everyone is :)

the video of the MFC singing Love Today has been uploaded to youtube but is awaiting confirmation. Uploading us singing ring ring with andy filming in the background lol

I LIE: here's us singing Love Today:

Thanks, it's so nice to see how many people understand and how supportive everyone is :)

the video of the MFC singing Love Today has been uploaded to youtube but is awaiting confirmation. Uploading us singing ring ring with andy filming in the background lol

I LIE: here's us singing Love Today:

Great video!! :thumb_yello: