Could it be? PART 8!! Pink Pony riders club. Insanity is welcome, sanity is not.

Mika4Life13

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pssst...........I'm staying in my english class!

I talked with the teacher and told her that if it was all the same to her, I was still going to show up for the class, even if I was going to fail no matter what, because the class was paid for, and I couldn't get out of it, and wouldn't get money back, and I might as well keep coming to class and get some more knowledge on early british literature, and she was so impressed with my perserverence (read: rudeness) that she said she would let me make up the essay and the test.:punk:

YOU?? FAILING a CLASS???? *voice jumps up an octave*

But...how??

*offers you some dried papaya instead of math problems*

*takes papaya on M's behalf*

YOU?? FAILING a CLASS???? *voice jumps up an octave*

But...how??

*takes papaya on M's behalf*

Well, first of all, it's not that uncommon an occurence, especially if I have no interest in the subject matter.:naughty:

But I do try my hardest to pass classes that I'm paying a ridiculous amount of money for, which has been every class I've had since graduating high school.:bleh:

Anyways, I flunked a test (everybody flunked the test, she put in questions from assignments we hadn't even read yet), which wouldn't have been devastating on it's own, but then we had a paper, and she hated mine. She said I overanalyzed (WTF?! It's an ANALYSIS paper!), and gave me a D (59%). Combined with the flunked test, my grade was in the pooper, since those two things are basically the only graded assignments she's given us at all.

So the damn teacher waits until AFTER the drop date, meaning that after that date, I can't drop the class without "due cause" and no matter what, I can't get my money back, then she tells me that I need to drop the class, because she isn't going to let me make up the points and without the points, I apparently will have no chance of passing the class. She wants me to jump ship so I won't have a fail on my record.

The problem was, expectation of unsatisfactory grades doesn't count as "due cause", so I was going to be stuck in the class, but failing for the rest of the semester, no matter what I did. So I met with the teacher and told her my situation and told her that I wasn't going to just take the failing grade lying down, I was going to keep coming to the class (and be the annoyingly perfect student, naturally), and this impressed/annoyed her so much, she has changed her mind and is going to let me make up the points.:biggrin2:

Well, first of all, it's not that uncommon an occurence, especially if I have no interest in the subject matter.

But I do try my hardest to pass classes that I'm paying a ridiculous amount of money for, which has been every class I've had since graduating high school.:bleh:

Anyways, I flunked a test (everybody flunked the test, she put in questions from assignments we hadn't even read yet), which wouldn't have been devastating on it's own, but then we had a paper, and she hated mine. She said I overanalyzed (WTF?! It's an ANALYSIS paper!), and gave me a D (59%). Combined with the flunked test, my grade was in the pooper, since those two things are basically the only graded assignments she's given us at all.

So the damn teacher waits until AFTER the drop date, meaning that after that date, I can't drop the class without "due cause" and no matter what, I can't get my money back, then she tells me that I need to drop the class, because she isn't going to let me make up the points and without the points, I apparently will have no chance of passing the class. She wants me to jump ship so I won't have a fail on my record.

The problem was, expectation of unsatisfactory grades doesn't count as "due cause", so I was going to be stuck in the class, but failing for the rest of the semester, no matter what I did. So I met with the teacher and told her my situation and told her that I wasn't going to just take the failing grade lying down, I was going to keep coming to the class (and be the annoyingly perfect student, naturally), and this impressed/annoyed her so much, she has changed her mind and is going to let me make up the points.:biggrin2:

:jawdrop::boxed::thumbdown: You teacher sounds like a right piece of work.

BUT--go you. :naughty:

And...this is the English lit class, right? How come it doesn't interest you? I would have thought you were the kind of person who would like it...not that you can really tell over the internet, but still. :bleh:

It does interest me quite a bit.:bleh:

The first few reading assignments were a little dull for me, because the really early literature (Beowulf, Sir Gawain & The Green Knight, etc.) isn't really my thing. But now we're getting into Shakespeare, Donne, and what not, and it is getting very interesting to read and analyze. (and if there's one thing I love, it's spending hours interpreting the meaning of one cryptic verse.:punk:)

I guess it seems a bit tame when compared to my other english class (with a very frightening teacher), where we're working on american literature from the 20's-30's. We go into painstaking detail when analyzing in that class (possibly the reason I "overanalyzed" in my paper). The english lit class feels like just skimming the surface in comparison.

Or maybe I'm just making excuses for something I can't really explain.:bleh:

The subject matter doesn't bore me, it's the manner in which we are studying, if that makes sense.

It does interest me quite a bit.:bleh:

The first few reading assignments were a little dull for me, because the really early literature (Beowulf, Sir Gawain & The Green Knight, etc.) isn't really my thing. But now we're getting into Shakespeare, Donne, and what not, and it is getting very interesting to read and analyze. (and if there's one thing I love, it's spending hours interpreting the meaning of one cryptic verse.:punk:)

I guess it seems a bit tame when compared to my other english class (with a very frightening teacher), where we're working on american literature from the 20's-30's. We go into painstaking detail when analyzing in that class (possibly the reason I "overanalyzed" in my paper). The english lit class feels like just skimming the surface in comparison.

Or maybe I'm just making excuses for something I can't really explain.:bleh:

The subject matter doesn't bore me, it's the manner in which we are studying, if that makes sense.

Oooh, yeah, I see. Good subjects too often get ruined by bad teachers. :thumbdown: