Could it be? PART 8!! Pink Pony riders club. Insanity is welcome, sanity is not.

Mika4Life13

We talked it over and decided to check out early. We'd barely made it through the night, and the situation was feeling just a bit too risky, especially with all of the children with us. We hopped in the van and got out on the road. We were on the highway for hours, no civilization in sight except for run-down gas stations. In them, we were able to fill up on gas, but everytime we asked each tough, ancient-looking attendant where the nearest hotel or motel or hostel, or heck, just some sort of shelter where we could stay for the night was, the answer was less than what we wanted. Each time, the attendant's eyes, either beady black or watery blue, would narrow, (whether in distrust or thought, we were never quite sure) and the leathery, bronzed face would, if possible, become even more wrinkled, and after a few moments of silence that made all of us twitchy, an answer would finally be given. It was so quiet and husky, in a thick accent deeply eroded by years of smoking, that we couldn't understand a word, and with fake smiles on our faces, nodded like we understood, then quickly backed out the door. Morning passed, then afternoon came and went, and soon, it was evening, then night. It was around 11 at night that we passed an old farmhouse that looked deserted.

There was a brief argument over the moral implications, but finally, our need for a place to stay overrided any guilt we felt over forcing ourselves in without invitation.

After searching for a doorbell and finding none, we lifted the large brass knocker on the door and let it fall. It clanked loudly and resonated throughout the house. No one answered, even after waiting for fifteen minutes and many more knocks. Finally, hesitantly, Mika placed his hand on the large doorknob and slowly turned. The door swung open as if it had been waiting for us. We exchanged nervous glances, then stepped inside.

The house was empty, and from the looks of things, had been for sometime. Everything was blanketed with a thick layer of dust, and when Finn accidentely brushed against some drapes hanging over a window, we were sent into fitful coughing for a few minutes.

I tiptoed into the kitchen and looked around. There didn't appear to be anything edible, and I grimaced as I watched a huge spider creep around on the table, unafraid of being squished or squashed.

As I turned to walk back to the others, I noticed something on the wall. Briefly remembering the last time I had seen something on a wall, I tensed up, then told myself I was being ridiculous, that it was a deserted house and there was no one for miles around. I stepped closer to see the writing.

It, like everything else, was covered with dirt and grime, and I silently chided myself again for being worried. Whatever it was, it had obviously been written years ago, or else it wouldn't have been so aged. Using my sleeve, I wiped at the wall, trying to remove a bit of the dust to better see the writing.

move to the left.

My blood ran cold. It was the same rounded lettering, in the same green marker, but it had to have been written at least five or ten years ago. I felt my breathing speeding up at this revelation, when I glanced below the first line and noticed a second and third one. Wiping this spot clean as well, I peered at the next sentence with a mixture of excitement, trepidation, and fear.

move to the left, artsy.

My vision narrowed and fixated on that one word. My name. How? Why? Who? HOW??! Feeling my hands begin to shake, I hurriedly read the last line. It was just one word.

NOW!

"What the hell?" I whispered to myself, then heard a creaking sound from the ceiling above my head. Barely thinking about it, I jumped to the left, and a huge chunk of the ceiling fell right onto the spot where I had been standing. Looking up, I saw M and Phunky peering down at me with bewildered looks on their faces.

"We were just walking, and then it started to cave." M said, wringing her hands nervously. Becky peered into the kitchen, looked at me, Phunky, M, and most of all, the large piece of plaster and wood in the middle of the floor, and quickly summed up the situation.

"Better stay on the bottom floor, guys," she said, brows wrinkling in worry, "It's obviously not safe to be up there."

As I followed her out of the kitchen, I looked down and noticed that my hands were still shaking from the eerie experience.

For those of you who might be wondering whether or not this idea is from that one episode of a certain popular british science fiction show...well, it is.:bleh:

Which british Sci-fi would this be from then, Arts?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Which british Sci-fi would this be from then, Arts?

Doctor Who.:wub2: The Blink episode.

I loved that episode, it made me scared to blink and terrified of stone angels for months afterwards. This link is just a fan vid; the part I'm referring to is featured at 3:45 to 3:58.

hey arts, I sent your bag and stuff today. be careful cuz the creepy ped guy at the post office is the one who rang me up. he might have stuck a camera or something in there :lmao:

Cool!

I'll be watching out for suspicious wires and the like.:naughty:

We talked it over and decided to check out early. We'd barely made it through the night, and the situation was feeling just a bit too risky, especially with all of the children with us. We hopped in the van and got out on the road. We were on the highway for hours, no civilization in sight except for run-down gas stations. In them, we were able to fill up on gas, but everytime we asked each tough, ancient-looking attendant where the nearest hotel or motel or hostel, or heck, just some sort of shelter where we could stay for the night was, the answer was less than what we wanted. Each time, the attendant's eyes, either beady black or watery blue, would narrow, (whether in distrust or thought, we were never quite sure) and the leathery, bronzed face would, if possible, become even more wrinkled, and after a few moments of silence that made all of us twitchy, an answer would finally be given. It was so quiet and husky, in a thick accent deeply eroded by years of smoking, that we couldn't understand a word, and with fake smiles on our faces, nodded like we understood, then quickly backed out the door. Morning passed, then afternoon came and went, and soon, it was evening, then night. It was around 11 at night that we passed an old farmhouse that looked deserted.

There was a brief argument over the moral implications, but finally, our need for a place to stay overrided any guilt we felt over forcing ourselves in without invitation.

After searching for a doorbell and finding none, we lifted the large brass knocker on the door and let it fall. It clanked loudly and resonated throughout the house. No one answered, even after waiting for fifteen minutes and many more knocks. Finally, hesitantly, Mika placed his hand on the large doorknob and slowly turned. The door swung open as if it had been waiting for us. We exchanged nervous glances, then stepped inside.

The house was empty, and from the looks of things, had been for sometime. Everything was blanketed with a thick layer of dust, and when Finn accidentely brushed against some drapes hanging over a window, we were sent into fitful coughing for a few minutes.

I tiptoed into the kitchen and looked around. There didn't appear to be anything edible, and I grimaced as I watched a huge spider creep around on the table, unafraid of being squished or squashed.

As I turned to walk back to the others, I noticed something on the wall. Briefly remembering the last time I had seen something on a wall, I tensed up, then told myself I was being ridiculous, that it was a deserted house and there was no one for miles around. I stepped closer to see the writing.

It, like everything else, was covered with dirt and grime, and I silently chided myself again for being worried. Whatever it was, it had obviously been written years ago, or else it wouldn't have been so aged. Using my sleeve, I wiped at the wall, trying to remove a bit of the dust to better see the writing.

move to the left.

My blood ran cold. It was the same rounded lettering, in the same green marker, but it had to have been written at least five or ten years ago. I felt my breathing speeding up at this revelation, when I glanced below the first line and noticed a second and third one. Wiping this spot clean as well, I peered at the next sentence with a mixture of excitement, trepidation, and fear.

move to the left, artsy.

My vision narrowed and fixated on that one word. My name. How? Why? Who? HOW??! Feeling my hands begin to shake, I hurriedly read the last line. It was just one word.

NOW!

"What the hell?" I whispered to myself, then heard a creaking sound from the ceiling above my head. Barely thinking about it, I jumped to the left, and a huge chunk of the ceiling fell right onto the spot where I had been standing. Looking up, I saw M and Phunky peering down at me with bewildered looks on their faces.

"We were just walking, and then it started to cave." M said, wringing her hands nervously. Becky peered into the kitchen, looked at me, Phunky, M, and most of all, the large piece of plaster and wood in the middle of the floor, and quickly summed up the situation.

"Better stay on the bottom floor, guys," she said, brows wrinkling in worry, "It's obviously not safe to be up there."

As I followed her out of the kitchen, I looked down and noticed that my hands were still shaking from the eerie experience.

For those of you who might be wondering whether or not this idea is from that one episode of a certain popular british science fiction show...well, it is.:bleh:

We looked arund the massive house. Pretty creepy. Especially for a young girl from Innocent Suburbia. But , I do watch a hell of a lot of horror movies so I expected what was going to happen later.

"Did somene here that?" stuttered artsy.

finn gave her an "as if" look.

"Nope." I muttered going through some old books.

"Can we just leave?" she asked looking at the door. We were spread all over the mansion so we would have to make some noise to get us all out any time soon.

"This is interesting..." muttered cosmo reading one of the books over my shoulder.

"It says Esmerelda died 5 years ag who owned this house, she left it to her grandson, but he deserted it for some reason."

"Gee I wonder why." Arts muttered sarcastically.

Finn extended his arm to open the closet when...

That is on a lot on the SciFi channel at my house, but I havent really watched it. Youy can say i am more into trashy reality television...

So are my roommates! They were glued to the set a couple of days ago for the new season of Janice Dickinson.:blink:

I was in my room trying not to hear.:naughty:

Now that, I like to watch, but I never remember when it's on, so it's usually just when I'm flipping through channels. That and America's Next Top Model, unless there's a bitch fight going on, in which case, I'll keep flipping.:mf_rosetinted:

People aren't allowed to talk when No Reservations is on in my dorm.:wub2:

"I don't care if he's just talking about the proper way to prepare eggplant; he's still a genius and you will shut up and listen.":naughty:

Yes! I liked her. The season finale gutted me...:tears::tears::tears:

I know! I was in tears. But it wasn't - and still isn't - as bad as when The Doctor and Rose got separated. That was heartbreaking :tears: But I didn't like her comeback so much... :blink:

I'd recommend it Phunky. It's aweosme :thumb_yello:

Is that a movie?

No, it's a travel show hosted by Anthony Bourdain. He's kinda a role model for me.:bleh:

I know! I was in tears. But it wasn't - and still isn't - as bad as when The Doctor and Rose got separated. That was heartbreaking :tears: But I didn't like her comeback so much... :blink:

I'd recommend it Phunky. It's aweosme :thumb_yello:

Her comeback was overhyped and underperformed.:thumbdown:

But I agree, the original seperation had me crying.:crybaby:

:shocked:ZOMG, how scared were you when he started to transform? I was all "DAVID TENNANT! DON'T LEAVE ME!!!!!!!"

No, it's a travel show hosted by Anthony Bourdain. He's kinda a role model for me.:bleh:

Her comeback was overhyped and underperformed.:thumbdown:

But I agree, the original seperation had me crying.:crybaby:

:shocked:ZOMG, how scared were you when he started to transform? I was all "DAVID TENNANT! DON'T LEAVE ME!!!!!!!"

Very! The only person who could have ever replaced him was James Nesbitt and I knew he wasn't going to do it so I was like NOOOOOO!