Concert Conduct

pinkunicorn123

Back to the number point - I think some said earlier - wjat if you get there early but yr best friend cant make til after work - what do you do - can you save "x" amiunt of spaces per person or do we just say unless you are physically there to get a number you dont get one??

dunno . . .

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GROUP HUG!!!!!

*hugs everyone within grabbing distance*

I think the saving places thing could be abused. My personal opinion is if you're not there then you don't get a number. Harsh but fair.

I think the venues should do it and take charge, and their views should be respected. No matter what we think (let's face it, it can't be bent if dont by the venue) . At least this way, MFCers can't clash with each other, and our friendship to one another is important too.

GROUP HUG!!!!!

*hugs everyone within grabbing distance*

I think the saving places thing could be abused. My personal opinion is if you're not there then you don't get a number. Harsh but fair.

I think your right and thats how it will have to be .. but hey ho - we live and learn - even at my age!!

and now I am off to bed as i have gig number 3 tomorrow - but wont be getting there til after the support!!

see you all soon x x x x x :wub2:

I think the venues should do it and take charge, and their views should be respected. No matter what we think (let's face it, it can't be bent if dont by the venue) . At least this way, MFCers can't clash with each other, and our friendship to one another is important too.

They don't care. Why would they care? Not their problem.

I don't think we should expect anything from the venues, really.

Okay! New Topic!

The numbers thing, is that really working? I haven't experienced it myslef but I noticed a post by an MFCer that wasn't know to people that semed to be ignored.

Can this kind of thing really be run by fans or would it be more appropraite to try to encourage venues to do this?

What if other people in the queue don't agree with the idea? (I'm just palying devils advocate here)

Yep that was my post about the numbers thing. I think Mariposa (is that her name was doing the numbers). I got there about 11.30 I think. It wasn't till about 1.00pm that I got given a number. Don't know how many people arrived inbetween, not many thankfully but It's not the point. The thing that got me was she didn't even want to give me a number. She had to check with someone else. Sorry If It's a queue it's a queue for everyone. Numbers don't work anyway. When we were in the barriers bit - I was trying to keep my place - she'd finally given me a number of about 33 I think it was. Some people who'd been out of the queue demanded to be let in where I was saying "Oh we're numbered" - they were about 40 ish number wise. They just shoved me out of the way.

Gigs are always like this though - Queueing only ever works to a degree. Do you know why I queue early. It's because I am a big girl and I can't run very fast. I always go on my own to gigs. Have never ever gone to a gig since I was 16 with someone. It's difficult to keep places in queues when your on your own. It's even worse once the doors open. Everyone is quicker than me. Fair do's. But the reason I go and queue for 7-10 hours is I'll always be guarenteed a place somewhere at the barrier. Never centre place. I've even been first in a queue and never ever got centre place. It does upset me sometimes but I can't do anything about it.

Except always keep trying to queue.

I was happy where I got - In front of Mikey. And I loved the gig. Would be amazing to be centre sometimes, but never gonna happen for me, and I've resigned myself to this years ago.

:thumbdown:

i understand, but i think that IF they DID manage to get to control the queue's then I think there wouldn't be as much conflict..? not between us MFCers, but in general.

I totally agree, the only problem that I could see with that is if people start queuing at 9ish or even earlier is the venue oing to pay someone to be there all that time to do it?

Im surpised they had only one member of 'crowd control' out during the queuing process yesterday too.

There must have been 100-200 people there before anyone else arrived.

i understand, but i think that IF they DID manage to get to control the queue's then I think there wouldn't be as much conflict..? not between us MFCers, but in general.

I totally agree, the only problem that I could see with that is if people start queuing at 9ish or even earlier is the venue oing to pay someone to be there all that time to do it?

I don't think conflicts really affect them, you know. I think they couldn't care less actually, or they wouldn't let everybody rush in at the same time but would let people get in in a more organised way.

And as Mikafish says it, they would need extras to sort it out, hence money loss.

I'm afraid we can't count on their help, really. :thumbdown:

i dont really know what to suggest. i mean, the numbers don't work. well, they do at first. but once the queue starts to get long thats it - and we can't go around to every new arrival and say "hi, we're giving people numbers". some might not want their hands stamped or whatever. is there really anything we can do? really?

I believe Mika will have to do venues where there's at least some seating, soon. But there should def. be an MFC Presale, and we could all be in a general admission in the front, and then seated seats if you want to buy those. Like VIP line, regular ticketholder line (seated). Different sections. Sme artists even have VIP GA, GA, and seats.

As he grows increasigly popular, he's not going to be able to do GA forever.

people could swap shifts? :boxed:

sorry just gotta add - queueing - just so british of us hey??

Look Carrie I used multi quote!!! :naughty::roftl::naughty:

Caz, they'd still have to pay someone (wether it was the same person or not) to be there for each hour. doesnt make much difference to them so why spend the extra money?

Has anyone seen the newest Hitchhiker Guide film? "I'm British, if there's one thing we know how to do it's queue!"

Look Carrie I used multi quote!!! :naughty::roftl::naughty:

Caz, they'd still have to pay someone (wether it was the same person or not) to be there for each hour. doesnt make much difference to them so why spend the extra money?

Has anyone seen the newest Hitchhiker Guide film? "I'm British, if there's one thing we know how to do it's queue!"

yay - look at you - Miss IT !!!! :naughty:

I really do need to go to bed now - am taking daughter tomorrow -we were at front at HAmmy and she seems to think she will be able to wriggle her way at Brixton - hate to burst her bubble but warned her that if she tried it she prob just end up getting squished!!

i dont really know what to suggest. i mean, the numbers don't work. well, they do at first. but once the queue starts to get long thats it - and we can't go around to every new arrival and say "hi, we're giving people numbers". some might not want their hands stamped or whatever. is there really anything we can do? really?

Yes there is: BEHAVE.

It's sad to get to the point we have to find systems to avoid problems.

We're all adults and, moreover, we're a group!!

We shouldn't even have witnessed things like that. It's very sad

I believe Mika will have to do venues where there's at least some seating, soon. But there should def. be an MFC Presale, and we could all be in a general admission in the front, and then seated seats if you want to buy those. Like VIP line, regular ticketholder line (seated). Different sections. Sme artists even have VIP GA, GA, and seats.

As he grows increasigly popular, he's not going to be able to do GA forever.

i dont want to say it, but i think it will have to resort to seats as well. ive only ever been to one seated gig [the osmonds LOL] and there was enough room to jump up and down, but i was also far left and so the atmosphere wasnt as great as those right down the front. THAT'S where i wanted to be. the osmonds are okay, i dont mind them, but i would have enjoyed it more at the front because i would have been into it more and the atmosphere would have been better.

and someone said that front row seats may be more expensive. is that really a problem, considering several flew in to see three gigs, which also included food, hotels, transport (with some, TWICE over)? if we really want the best seats in the house, is it really too much to ask?

Okay,I have read through all the discussions about the queuing and the jumping of queues in whatever form it was done in.

So, firstly, my nieces best friend havd a motorcycle accident 3 years ago. She was in hospital for 4 months, has all sorts of pins and rods in her leg, she even had a skin graft.

She only returned to work properly about a year ago and even now cannot stand for any length of time , and she is registered disabled, but feels that should not stop her working, but her doctor stipulates that she have a chair for whatever job she has. She was to come to see Mika at Bournemouth with me last year, as she loves him, but felt it would be too much for her, and she was going to be in the disabled section. And she is 26, she doesn't wear heels, because she knows that it would hurt too much and knows her limitations.

So I'm sorry if what I'm about to say sounds a touch offensive, and if it gets me a warning so be it, but Daisy really, if your vanity supercedes your disability, then you really need to get your priorities in order. It really doesn't matter if your on a good day, you do not ignore your illness for the sake of looking good in a costume. It's really offensive to other disabled people, and is noticibly getting you a very bad reputation with other members. Maybe you should sit back take in all this criticism and reflect on what matters most.

I don't want you to think I'm having a go, but because of all I've seen my nieces friend go through, and sacrifices she's made, and still makes to some extent, anyone who puts entertaiment before their health kind of get my blood running hot. Sorry but that's how I feel.

As far as the queueing system goes, when Suzy started it, it was designed to keep peoples places for toilet breaks and going for coffees and grabbing lunch. But I have a feeling it it is being taken advantage of for other things.

If you want it to work, ground rules are going to have to be set. When I got there yesterday, no one could remember what number specifically they had got up to, which echoed Monday where numbers got doubled

up. If you are going to do it, do not let things distract you, focus on doing it right from the start, hence the complete shambles of the last 2 days.

Again if people think I am out of order, I'm sorry, but things have been brewing on here for a while and it's time things got sorted out once and for all, so lets get it out of the way and concetrate on what really counts, getting us official.

Thank you.

coulda fooled me LOL :roftl: unless they meant "i'm British, if there's one thing we know how to do it's queue BADLY!" ??

Personally I don't want seating concerts. I hate them. I much prefer Standing concerts. When you have an artist like Mika It's always going to be standing.

I saw Franz at their only seated gig at The Royal Albert Hall and yes I was only ten rows from the front, but you just don't get the vibe like you do when your standing.

It just doesn't do it for me. Venues won't change. I don't think it ever will change. People push in always. It's horrible but It will always happen.

I loved where I was at Hammersmith - no pushing - no crowd serfers (sp?) kicking me in the head. LOL.

Okay,I have read through all the discussions about the queuing and the jumping of queues in whatever form it was done in.

So, firstly, my nieces best friend havd a motorcycle accident 3 years ago. She was in hospital for 4 months, has all sorts of pins and rods in her leg, she even had a skin graft.

She only returned to work properly about a year ago and even now cannot stand for any length of time , and she is registered disabled, but feels that should not stop her working, but her doctor stipulates that she have a chair for whatever job she has. She was to come to see Mika at Bournemouth with me last year, as she loves him, but felt it would be too much for her, and she was going to be in the disabled section. And she is 26, she doesn't wear heels, because she knows that it would hurt too much and knows her limitations.

So I'm sorry if what I'm about to say sounds a touch offensive, and if it gets me a warning so be it, but Daisy really, if your vanity supercedes your disability, then you really need to get your priorities in order. It really doesn't matter if your on a good day, you do not ignore your illness for the sake of looking good in a costume. It's really offensive to other disabled people, and is noticibly getting you a very bad reputation with other members. Maybe you should sit back take in all this criticism and reflect on what matters most.

I don't want you to think I'm having a go, but because of all I've seen my nieces friend go through, and sacrifices she's made, and still makes to some extent, anyone who puts entertaiment before their health kind of get my blood running hot. Sorry but that's how I feel.

As far as the queueing system goes, when Suzy started it, it was designed to keep peoples places for toilet breaks and going for coffees and grabbing lunch. But I have a feeling it it is being taken advantage of for other things.

If you want it to work, ground rules are going to have to be set. When I got there yesterday, no one could remember what number specifically they had got up to, which echoed Monday where numbers got doubled

up. If you are going to do it, do not let things distract you, focus on doing it right from the start, hence the complete shambles of the last 2 days.

Again if people think I am out of order, I'm sorry, but things have been brewing on here for a while and it's time things got sorted out once and for all, so lets get it out of the way and concetrate on what really counts, getting us official.

Thank you.

i thought you said that very nicely Rose.

Personally I don't want seating concerts. I hate them. I much prefer Standing concerts. When you have an artist like Mika It's always going to be standing.

I saw Franz at their only seated gig at The Royal Albert Hall and yes I was only ten rows from the front, but you just don't get the vibe like you do when your standing.

It just doesn't do it for me. Venues won't change. I don't think it ever will change. People push in always. It's horrible but It will always happen.

I loved where I was at Hammersmith - no pushing - no crowd serfers (sp?) kicking me in the head. LOL.

oh my dad had a few girls pushing into him. He protected me all the way through the concert so I wouldn't get hurt *love my dad*.