Concert Conduct

pinkunicorn123

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont want to say it, but i think it will have to resort to seats as well. ive only ever been to one seated gig [the osmonds LOL] and there was enough room to jump up and down, but i was also far left and so the atmosphere wasnt as great as those right down the front. THAT'S where i wanted to be. the osmonds are okay, i dont mind them, but i would have enjoyed it more at the front because i would have been into it more and the atmosphere would have been better.

and someone said that front row seats may be more expensive. is that really a problem, considering several flew in to see three gigs, which also included food, hotels, transport (with some, TWICE over)? if we really want the best seats in the house, is it really too much to ask?

He can probably find a way to balance doing really vibey shows and reaching his whole audience. Club tour/ stadium tour is another possibility.

The worst concert I ever went to was T In The Park to see Blur in 99'. Travelled all the way to Scotland to see them. Queued from 8.00 in the morning got a really good spot at the barrier. Then about 15 friends surrounded me and others (they were teenagers and pretty pissed already). Tried to intimidate me out of the front row. Hit me - punched me. Kept asking for water the whole time (it was really hot for a change in Scotland) only to keep deliberately tipping the whole lot over me.

I ended up punching one of them about two hours into all this. They told me I was dead when the gig had finished. They were gonna stab me.

DID I MOVE. NO I BLOODY DIDN'T. You will always get idiots. You just have to learn to deal with them.

They never said boo to me when it finished. Prats...

i dont want to say it, but i think it will have to resort to seats as well. ive only ever been to one seated gig [the osmonds LOL] and there was enough room to jump up and down, but i was also far left and so the atmosphere wasnt as great as those right down the front. THAT'S where i wanted to be. the osmonds are okay, i dont mind them, but i would have enjoyed it more at the front because i would have been into it more and the atmosphere would have been better.

and someone said that front row seats may be more expensive. is that really a problem, considering several flew in to see three gigs, which also included food, hotels, transport (with some, TWICE over)? if we really want the best seats in the house, is it really too much to ask?

Yes it's an issue Caz.:shocked:

Money is an issue for some, me included.

Only a small minority can afford to go to three gigs in a row! Especially those who have a job and/or live abroad.

Again, the people who can afford it would then not only have the chance to see him many times, but also to get the best seats??

Twice as unfair for the rest of us.

:blink:

He can probably find a way to balance doing really vibey shows and reaching his whole audience. Club tour/ stadium tour is another possibility.

STADIUM?! Like Wembley or the O2?? no thanks!! i couldnt stand being there - Mika would be a DOT! :shocked:

I'd rather have loads of shoving in queues but still have the possibility of being in the front to be honest :shocked:

Yes it's an issue Caz.:shocked:

Money is an issue for some, me included.

Only a small minority can afford to go to three gigs in a row! Especially those who have a job and/or live abroad.

Again, the people who can afford it would then not only have the chance to see him many times, but also to get the best seats??

Twice as unfair for the rest of us.

:blink:

i know about the money issue. i can only fit in weekend work AND it's minimum wage (below £5 an hour). Not to mention that I have an education to uphold. That's why i havent had the privilege of going to all those concerts like a lot of people here.

Rose, soooo don't want to drag this up again but...

I 100% understand were you are coming from but I was talkin from my point of view about the shoes, not Daisy's so i guess those comments should be directed towards me.

There are stupid things I do (shoes being one of them) that make me feel normal. There are days that I feel so out of place, I'm a 23 year old that wearing hearing aids, needs a walking stick and is almost totally blind in one eye. Add to that the fact that I'm only just over 5ft and am a size 18 I don't often feel good about myself. Sometimes that over rides the need to be careful about my condition, it's not clever but that's just how I feel. I can pretend to be normal.

But let's move on....

Did you manage to give Mika my message?

i know about the money issue. i can only fit in weekend work AND it's minimum wage (below £5 an hour). Not to mention that I have an education to uphold. That's why i havent had the privilege of going to all those concerts like a lot of people here.

Then why post something like "are higher prices a real issue?"

Be consistent :naughty:

STADIUM?! Like Wembley or the O2?? no thanks!! i couldnt stand being there - Mika would be a DOT! :shocked:

I'd rather have loads of shoving in queues but still have the possibility of being in the front to be honest :shocked:

Actually the O2 is ok. The seats that are teared are actually better than the ones on the floor (not front row of course though:naughty:). The O2 also has lovely big screens, is easy to get to and has some lovely restaurants. The main bonus being you have your seat, you can go in when you like.

Well those are huge. But I mean the 5000 or 6000 ones, like what he's been doing.

Then why post something like "are higher prices a real issue?"

Be consistent :naughty:

what i was trying to get at (but obviously not very well lol) is that: if some people can afford to buy THREE tickets, PLANE tickets, FOOD money AND hotels etc, is the price on a ticket that much of a problem? :roftl:

gosh this has come out so wrong. I'm not saying people on here are rich or anything...some may be but others aren't. i for one would be happy to pay out for a front row ticket...i'd just have to save up a bit :blink:

what i was trying to get at (but obviously not very well lol) is that: if some people can afford to buy THREE tickets, PLANE tickets, FOOD money AND hotels etc, is the price on a ticket that much of a problem? :roftl:

gosh this has come out so wrong. I'm not saying people on here are rich or anything...some may be but others aren't. i for one would be happy to pay out for a front row ticket...i'd just have to save up a bit :blink:

For me it was a case of if I want to go I have to spend money on a Hotel and on the train there so paying £20 for another ticket isn't much and it's worth it while you're there. But I do understand what you are saying.

Well if you're trying to get a point across, I'm afraid you're not doing better this time than the previous ones.

Because what you're saying is basically that

1) you would be HAPPY to spend more than you already do to see Mika

2) that higher prices are not a problem for anybody since "SOME people" can afford tickets and plane tickets.

What I'm saying is that YES it will be an issue since some people already struggle to buy ONE ticket.

Can I say something?:original: My dad has a disability too horrible to mention, I expect him to be treated to the fornt of the line for what he has been through, but like... I don't expect mfcers to get soecial privilegs for how long they have been at the mfc. That doesnm't mean they are bigger fans, we're all equals. Just get that past you, we should have first come first serve not, oh you have been to more concerts you are more dedicated, go to the front and be able to touch mika, i just..i don't know.

Well if you're trying to get a point across, I'm afraid you're not doing better this time than the previous ones.

Because what you're saying is basically that

1) you would be HAPPY to spend more than you already do to see Mika

2) that higher prices are not a problem for anybody since "SOME people" can afford tickets and plane tickets.

well to be honest, i won the first set of tickets and the other tickets were a birthday gift, so i guess i have no right to say what amount i'd like to spend :roftl: but i do know that the hammersmith gigs cost £19.50. how much would a front row seat cost anyway? :boxed:

as for number 2...i never meant for it to come out harshly :boxed: i was trying to bring some light heartedness into it but obviously didnt work :roftl: i think all the conflicts have got to some of us today, including me.

well I dunno...are 50 punds less not welcome when you already try to get your costs in reasonable limits? so if you were saving up for a trip ,the ticket price would be irrelevant? also,do you suppose that the ones who travel to gigs go for the most expensive approach?

I think,no wait,I'm sure that most of the people who travel to see Mika abroad have a very precise financial plan and I somehow doubt they would still go if the ticket price would shoot up

Now,we have more or less equal chances (excluding recent events)

You queue and maybe you get a good seat for the same price

Variations in ticket prices would be the worse idea,and as Niki said,it would be a social discrimination

well I dunno...are 50 punds less not welcome when you already try to get your costs in reasonable limits? so if you were saving up for a trip ,the ticket price would be irrelevant? also,do you suppose that the ones who travel to gigs go for the most expensive approach?

I think,no wait,I'm sure that most of the people who travel to see Mika abroad have a very precise financial plan and I somehow doubt they would still go if the ticket price would shoot up

Now,we have more or less equal chances (excluding recent events)

You queue and maybe you get a good seat for the same price

Variations in ticket prices would be the worse idea,and as Niki said,it would be a social discrimination

well to be honest, i won the first set of tickets and the other tickets were a birthday gift, so i guess i have no right to say what amount i'd like to spend :roftl: but i do know that the hammersmith gigs cost £19.50. how much would a front row seat cost anyway? :boxed:

as for number 2...i never meant for it to come out harshly :boxed: i was trying to bring some light heartedness into it but obviously didnt work :roftl: i think all the conflicts have got to some of us today, including me.

:boxed: :boxed:

whhooooaaaa. okay forget everything i said. it wasn't meant to be taken seriously :boxed:

erm. yeah. i'm gonna leave now..

:wub2: OK good, i am like...dead, I feel so empty, i made him feel so bad, there was a lot of homophobe calling, lot's of freddie mercury references, and a lot of swearing, but in the end we come to an agreement. Connor is a butt.

I might sound harsh , I'm sorry, but this is not the right thread to discuss this. Thanks :wink2:

*stands up and tries to walk to the stage and grabs the microfoon*

I would like to thank the lovely frence people at the front of the Queue that where trying to SQUEEZE in front of me even if there was no room. I just love the bruises and the fact that my shoulder was almost going through the wall I was leaning against. :mf_rosetinted: I really liked being screamed at because I had to make room for 2 more people even if I wasn't able to move a millimetre. And of course when they finally did squeeze in front of me I got some more very nice bruises and also thank you for twisting my wrist in ways I didn't even knew I could. It still hurts just like my shoulder. :mf_rosetinted: I bet I will have a very fun day tomorrow then I have to put pineapple slicers together :mf_rosetinted: I bet I will break the new slow record.

can't wait to meet you again :chair:

*steps down*

:boxed: :boxed:

whhooooaaaa. okay forget everything i said. it wasn't meant to be taken seriously :boxed:

erm. yeah. i'm gonna leave now..

Can I just back you up Caz? I've been reading this all evening, and :blink: it's been 'interesting', but I had to post to say that I understand what you are saying about ticket prices :wink2:.

I do think some fans seem to spend a heck of a lot of money on coming to see Mika and that is absolutely their prerogative, no probs with that, good luck to them. I really do not believe they would do it any differently if the ticket price went up. The ticket price is far from 'irrelevant', but it is certainly not the most expensive part of the trip if you are flying from abroad! How can it be? Unless you are paying extortionate amounts on ebay or something.

So, I get what you are saying and think it's a valid viewpoint.

I wanted to come to London for tomorrow's gig. It wasn't the £19.50 that put me off. I'd have come if it was £49.50. What I cannot afford, however, is the £75 train fare and £100 room price. The price of the ticket against that is secondary.

Now I feel I'm not making my point properly but well I tried :naughty:

*stands up and tries to walk to the stage and grabs the microfoon*

I would like to thank the lovely frence people at the front of the Queue that where trying to SQUEEZE in front of me even if there was no room. I just love the bruises and the fact that my shoulder was almost going through the wall I was leaning against. :mf_rosetinted: I really liked being screamed at because I had to make room for 2 more people even if I wasn't able to move a millimetre. And of course when they finally did squeeze in front of me I got some more very nice bruises and also thank you for twisting my wrist in ways I didn't even knew I could. It still hurts just like my shoulder. :mf_rosetinted: I bet I will have a very fun day tomorrow then I have to put pineapple slicers together :mf_rosetinted: I bet I will break the new slow record.

can't wait to meet you again :chair:

*steps down*

mika gigs are wonderful aren't they? :roftl: