2008 - Reports/photos/videos/afterparty For Brixton 28-02-2008

carrinevie

sariflor this is a bit random but i have wondered it for a long time what interviews are the first two quotes from ur siggie from???:blink:

The first one is from that radio interview (some bbc channel) that was aired during the christmas holidays' date=' called "class of 2007"[/color']

The second one he said during the Toronto gig on 290108, as part of his "Billy Brown introduction", after he b*tched about Tomy M.:thumb_yello:

Hello!!!:huglove: I know what you mean when you say you didn't want to post because of the nasty things that happened, you know I feel the same way. Just wanted to hug you and tell you how happy I am to have met you, we did have a great time in spite of all the bad moments,didn't we? BTW, have you arranged all your papers now?

We had a great time,and I'm glad I've met you! I arranged my papers,but I still have to get a new ID card,and have to go to the police station here in Holland also,to report my stuff being stolen.

BTW are you coming to Amsterdam?

We had a great time,and I'm glad I've met you! I arranged my papers,but I still have to get a new ID card,and have to go to the police station here in Holland also,to report my stuff being stolen.

BTW are you coming to Amsterdam?

Bffffff:thumbdown: Hope you get everything done soon.

No, I'm not going, I made my decission not to go to any more Mika gigs abroad, at least during the summer: too many emotions involved, you know. And the fact that my boyfriend keeps asking when will we buy our flat makes it hard for me to make it in the near future. It's not like I'm not going to any more of his gigs, but I need some time off. Will miss you terribly though, you must have an extra good time for me, right? It's going to be hard to stick to my decission...

about christine's post, just read it for the first time and i agree with most of it. though i guess if mika had wanted it to be just a party without signing and taking pix, he or his management would've made that clear in the beginning. it wouldn't have been a problem for me if they had said "no cameras or autographs". but i think he wanted to do it, just not in the way it went, with everyone pushing and mika not getting the slightest break in between.

Don't get me wrong. I wasn't upset with people wanting photos (although I'll never understand the autograph thing under any circumstances, but that's just me). There's nothing wrong with taking pics at a party - we were all taking pics of each other all the time, whether Mika was there or not.

I just think people should have respected his request and let him come around the room and speak to people and take photos or whatever in small groups. I find it hard to believe that anyone there that night would ever get up in someone else's face like that. I don't understand why it's acceptable because it's Mika. He's a human being just like the rest of us.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3Cxs1i-a4b4

My vid from the afterparty.

I don't know whether to smile or cry. It was definitely the best part of a bittersweet evening. Although it would have been even better if he had at least acknowledged me yelling about Canada. :sneaky2:

Thank you! I've been looking for a clip of that for days. I found that inflatable microphone in Woolworths that day. I had visions of him singing into it and couldn't believe when he actually did it! :roftl:

So for the record.....Christine, Nikjass, IngieV, Starrats and Rockingbabs..it was a pleasure to have met you at last and I wish it could have been in better circumstances. (Diana, I'm still devastated not to have met you).

It was a pleasure meeting you too :wub2:

I'm sorry that things were so tense in the queue. I swear I get a headache at 6 pm before every Mika gig because that's when everyone goes from having a good time to stressing out about where they're going to end up inside.

I'm looking forward to seated venues in North America where I can just meet up with MFCers in a pub or restaurant and not have to endure all the competition and stress.

I stopped filming when I realised my spot was not great (that stupid candle/flower thing was blocking his face:roftl:)

I was so lucky, I had a PERFECT view of him that night at the keyboard when usually it's obstructed by something or other, even in a small venue like Toronto.

I wouldn't say I was getting eye contact because I think he just sort of looks straight ahead when he's playing, but I was perfectly in his line of sight and vice versa, so it was fantastic. :wub2:

I was so lucky, I had a PERFECT view of him that night at the keyboard when usually it's obstructed by something or other, even in a small venue like Toronto.

I wouldn't say I was getting eye contact because I think he just sort of looks straight ahead when he's playing, but I was perfectly in his line of sight and vice versa, so it was fantastic. :wub2:

Lucky you!!:punk: I think I will campaign for Mika to remove those silly ornaments; I find that the flowers and the candle thingie have seriously gotten in the way during the London gigs:thumbdown:

Ah and about your microphone, in my "fluffy with mika" vid you can see him singing into it:thumb_yello:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7PoHwd9us28#GU5U2spHI_4

Ah and about your microphone, in my "fluffy with mika" vid you can see him singing into it:thumb_yello:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7PoHwd9us28#GU5U2spHI_4

:roftl: Fluffy doesn't like the camera being turned on him apparently.

I'm glad you got the trumpet in there too. Great video!

How awesome was this concert???

:roftl: Fluffy doesn't like the camera being turned on him apparently.

I'm glad you got the trumpet in there too. Great video!

How awesome was this concert???

Fluffy SAYS he doesn't, but I don't buy it:bleh:. He's just like Iceman: playing hard to get.

I think that he was totally playing up to the camera. He even dropped his own cam and started "dancing" away. I mean, if that doesn't constitute "loving every second of it", I don't know what is:naughty: .

It was an absolutely amazing, fantastic gig:wub2: . The best possible way to end the tour.

Fluffy SAYS he doesn't, but I don't buy it:bleh:. He's just like Iceman: playing hard to get.

I think that he was totally playing up to the camera. He even dropped his own cam and started "dancing" away. I mean, if that doesn't constitute "loving every second of it", I don't know what is:naughty: .

It was an absolutely amazing, fantastic gig:wub2: . The best possible way to end the tour.

a photog at terminal 5 was also really nice he was talking to us the whole time before the actual gig he even became anmfc member!!!:roftl:

Don't get me wrong. I wasn't upset with people wanting photos (although I'll never understand the autograph thing under any circumstances, but that's just me). There's nothing wrong with taking pics at a party - we were all taking pics of each other all the time, whether Mika was there or not.

I just think people should have respected his request and let him come around the room and speak to people and take photos or whatever in small groups. I find it hard to believe that anyone there that night would ever get up in someone else's face like that. I don't understand why it's acceptable because it's Mika. He's a human being just like the rest of us.

agree with that. they have not only ignored his request that he would come around the room, but also the one for a break after about half an hour of constant photos and signing. when i heard him ask for a break and saw that people just didn't bother, it made me so sad and angry.

Lucky you!!:punk: I think I will campaign for Mika to remove those silly ornaments; I find that the flowers and the candle thingie have seriously gotten in the way during the London gigs:thumbdown:

yup, especially the flowers on the crowd microphones, what are they for anyway?! don't need any decoration on the crowd mics! :thumbdown:

ehm.. NOT saying ANYTHING against olga or anyone with this, but I was there and I can tell ya the truth. the passes for the french people were ASKED by them, not given by mrs penniman for her own idea. mrs penniman promised she'd arrange smt for them which was very nice of her.

BUT the 28th thing is mika's idea, not his mum. and it included all fans who stood there for longer time queuing as well as mfc'ers and fans that followed mika round quite a bit.

what I wanna say is NOT taking off the praise of this from some fan, but to in fact direct it all to mika, cause it was his idea. and ya know I can be harsh at times with the man. have been in past, so I cannot be biased over this.

When exactly did Mika say that any of this "after party" business was his idea? Was it just assumed?

they have not only ignored his request that he would come around the room, but also the one for a break after about half an hour of constant photos and signing. when i heard him ask for a break and saw that people just didn't bother, it made me so sad and angry.

I'm glad I didn't witness that. I think I may have made a scene and started yelling at people to back off. I was angry enough as it was and I didn't even know it was that bad.

Thank you Jennie, sariflor, and Marleen for the amazing videos!!! (And to anyone I may have missed!) I don't know what I'd do without you guys...I wouldn't be able to "be" at all of these shows, seeing what you were able to see. It's incredible. Yay technology. :mf_lustslow:

When exactly did Mika say that any of this "after party" business was his idea? Was it just assumed?

I spoke to the girl who was looking after Mika at the party and she specifically told me that it was his idea and that it had been a "logistical nightmare" for his people and the venue people to arrange it as the venue had said that we couldn't leave the venue then be allowed back in so the giving out of the passes was a real problem to do.

She also said that someone had sent him a pair of converse with a 1950's cartoon lady on them that he wore at the Brits but that they didn't know who it was and she said it was a shame that the fan that sent them wouldn't know how much he'd loved them.

I told her that I'd mention it on the mFC so if anyone knows who it was please let them know.

agree with that. they have not only ignored his request that he would come around the room, but also the one for a break after about half an hour of constant photos and signing. when i heard him ask for a break and saw that people just didn't bother, it made me so sad and angry.

Well I was never within earshot of him, so I have no guilt.

I just hope my circulating and taking over the head photos didn't annoy him with the flash.

just uploaded all my non-mika london pix on myspace. :wink2:

vix, what happened to you? :blink:

about christine's post, just read it for the first time and i agree with most of it. though i guess if mika had wanted it to be just a party without signing and taking pix, he or his management would've made that clear in the beginning. it wouldn't have been a problem for me if they had said "no cameras or autographs". but i think he wanted to do it, just not in the way it went, with everyone pushing and mika not getting the slightest break in between.

I'm not really sure!

All I know is that I took my firend Jo to this gig after a really bad time in November when her step dad died and she couldn't come with me. It was supposed to make it up to her and cheer her up a little after a hard few months.

Instead, she was so upset that she doesn't feel that she wants to go to a Mika gig ever again. We have done everything together including the Big Girl video, the Channel 4 TBA gig and many gis, etc..........and all that has been ruined by people shouting and pointing at us in the queue when we just wanted to spend some time with the Dutchies.

The irony is that we stayed about 10 rows back when we got into the venue because we were too upset to be near anyone who we'd queued with which meant that I didn't even get chance to say goodbye to Ingie and the others.

Everyone has differing ideas about what they consider as ok and not ok about queuing etc.......but the way we were treated shocked me to the core.

I just kept thinking about the money that I'd laid out to buy 6 tickets for MFCr's back in December when others were struggling to get them and about all the pictures and videos that I've posted for people on here which took a lot of effort on my part to take rather than just enjoy the gigs.

I would always go out of my way for fellow MFCr's (even if my shyness means that I don't "befriend" many people on here)................now though, I don't want to do it.

I'm hoping my feelings change as things calm down but it will take me such a long time to forget it all.

Thanks everyone fot the nice pictures and videos!! :thumb_yello: I didn't want to post at first,because I was upset and angry about everything what happened :thumbdown: But I have to say I'm very grateful that I could go to the afterparty(dispite of everything) And for meeting so many lovely MFC ers!!

It was so nice to finally meet you all!Many thanks to everyone who has helped me after all my money,my bank pass and my ID card were stolen,on my second day in London.I was really upset,but you'll managed to cheer me up again! Sorry Vix.I really wanted to help you at the afterparty,but I failed :boxed:

And sorry Sariflor,I was convinced when I took the picture of you with icie,it was ok.He really posed for the picture,it was so funny!

I didn't get to speak to Mika,or have a picture with him but I'm glad I had pictures and chats with Martin,Mikey,Luke and Cherisse!! They're such nice people! I didn't get to speak to Saranayde,but she send me a message today!

So I consider myself a very lucky person!!

I have one more thing to say;

WHO HAS MY PICTURE WITH MARTIN??? :biggrin2:

Ah.....did you try to take my picture with Mika?? :thumb_yello:

I'm sorry that I stalked off after he'd left but I (like other people) felt really tearful about what had happened and just needed a moment to myself.

Thanks for trying...............it was all so mad in there.

Oh yes you signed, thank you!:thumb_yello:

It was great to meet you in real life, I immediately recognised you from the video.:wink2:

I have signs from around 45 MFC members on my dvd now and like the icing of the cake Mikas, Cherisse and Lukes signs too.:naughty:

It was so strange that people I didn't know kept coming upto me and asking "are you vixen from the MFC?"!!!!

I'm amazed that people recognise me form the video............but thrilled, obviously!

I will no longer think of you as a wooden bird!! :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

I spoke to the girl who was looking after Mika at the party and she specifically told me that it was his idea and that it had been a "logistical nightmare" for his people and the venue people to arrange it as the venue had said that we couldn't leave the venue then be allowed back in so the giving out of the passes was a real problem to do.

She also said that someone had sent him a pair of converse with a 1950's cartoon lady on them that he wore at the Brits but that they didn't know who it was and she said it was a shame that the fan that sent them wouldn't know how much he'd loved them.

I told her that I'd mention it on the mFC so if anyone knows who it was please let them know.

ow that's a pity! I'm curious 'bout these, maybe we should open a thread...but @the Brits he wasn't wearing the plain black all stars?:blink:

I don't know whether to smile or cry. It was definitely the best part of a bittersweet evening. Although it would have been even better if he had at least acknowledged me yelling about Canada. :sneaky2:

Thank you! I've been looking for a clip of that for days. I found that inflatable microphone in Woolworths that day. I had visions of him singing into it and couldn't believe when he actually did it! :roftl:

It was a pleasure meeting you too :wub2:

I'm sorry that things were so tense in the queue. I swear I get a headache at 6 pm before every Mika gig because that's when everyone goes from having a good time to stressing out about where they're going to end up inside.

I'm looking forward to seated venues in North America where I can just meet up with MFCers in a pub or restaurant and not have to endure all the competition and stress.

More points well made!

I had a chat and a picture with everyone else there (no pictures with his folks as they didn't want their pictures taken) in a normal and relaxed fashion....but when it came to mika???????????????

No chance!! :sneaky2:

If only people knew how to act properly and remember that if they care about him....they should really try harder to show it.