The Oldling Thread (PART 12!!!)

dcdeb

Hey La Fashionista! How are you doing tonight. I'm just making Hollywood Bowl plans. Josh Groban will be performing one song on opening night. Whoo hooo!!

Ooo, I love Josh Groban! I said a quick hello and shook his hand when I went to the American Music Awards. Love his voice! :thumb_yello:

Crystal- sorry to hear that your cat is ill. :sad:

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, Josh is my other love although, I'm not obsessed with him. LOL I've met him a few times. Very nice guy...but, Mika is much warmer. :wub2:

Ooo, I love Josh Groban! I said a quick hello and shook his hand when I went to the American Music Awards. Love his voice! :thumb_yello:

Crystal- sorry to hear that your cat is ill. :sad:

She's 15 now, well she'll be 16 in april. She's an old girl, but she's the first pet I got when I first left home, and I'm not having kids, so my pets are the closest I get to children. I'm very sad :(

That's really tough. Sorry.... :emot-sad:

Yeah, Josh is my other love although, I'm not obsessed with him. LOL I've met him a few times. Very nice guy...but, Mika is much warmer. :wub2:

I haven't yet had the pleasure of meeting Mika myself, but I can just tell how great he is with everyone from reading about everything on here! :bleh:

I have never really been obsessed with any one (except Ewan McGregor) before. I don't even think I have know all the words to all the songs for any one person or group before. Not even the Grateful Dead!

That's really tough. Sorry.... :emot-sad:

Me too, thank you very much :)

and to console myself, I immerse myself in Mika!! Hey, wait...wasn't i already doing that? Well....Continue on as planned! With a trip to Victoria in the near future and I can meet Elanorelle :)

Are you from Victoria, then? My aunt and uncle lived there and my cousin went to Uni there. I was last there for her wedding about 4 or 5 years ago.

Well that's where the people who are taking care of my cats while I'm in college living in dorms live. They moved there from Vancouver, where I'm from and where we lived together for 3 years, about a year after I started college. I'm doing a 4 year program, and I'm 3 years in now. I'm not allowed to have cats in the dorms, so i had to leave them behind. My friends now live in Victoria, so thats where I go.

I forgot to say, I have seen you before, Ashley, in the Tonight Show thread or something. You went to the taping with Mika, right? How was it? How did it compare to his live show? It seems tough to replicate his live shows in the TV spots he has done.

I forgot to say, I have seen you before, Ashley, in the Tonight Show thread or something. You went to the taping with Mika, right? How was it? How did it compare to his live show? It seems tough to replicate his live shows in the TV spots he has done.

Well, sadly, I haven't been to a full gig yet. :(

But, from every video I've seen and pics/reports and such, I would say that the TV spots definitely take a hit.

For one thing, the LT trash can drumming was done with-shirt, and was impossibly short. (Stupid short time slots)

Also, he obviously cannot move around as much because the stage is small...

However, his vocals were fab, just like a concert performance.

I don't think that people are going to be able to get a proper representation of who he is, what he can do, and what his music is all about, from a simple TV spot....unfortunately for them...

Well, I figured out how to "steal" a video today but still need to figure out how to make one.

How long does it take for you to get to Victoria, Crystal?

I'm going to fly, so only an hour or so, it'll be fast. 12 hours by bus though, so better option :)