The Oldling Thread (PART 12!!!)

dcdeb

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

how old do you have to be to be considered an olding? ;)

over thirty my dear...but some of us are far older!

and some who post here regularly are younger....oldling is a state of mind!

age is just a word in mikaland! :thumb_yello:

it's my mika birthday elanorelle!

i saw him on march 3rd 2007 for the first time.....

oh I see!!!!!!!!

mine will be Feb 14 of next year!

wow!

every valentines day is now MIKA day!

woow!

Morning :blush-anim-cl:

I can't stop!:bleh:

But saw Allegra's thankyou there, so sweet , so nice, so Allegra, only met her for a shrot time but she was lovely , if she pops in here ... hello!:wink2:

Hi Pooh, hope things work out well for you, change can be a great thing in the end, if a bit daunting at first!

today we get news?

Don't know seems to be the idea .... i'll keep checking!

Robi , hope you feel a bit better today :wink2:

Well, take care my dears :thumb_yello:

Afternoon Oldlings!

Just chilling this afternoon, not feeling too bad today. Not feeling the same downer as after previous shows, actually on an upper still and not having any signs of crashing down like before. Guess I've got used to it now.

Finally got the move out of the way, thank goodness, and quite relieved it's out of the way. Now I can start to focus on getting the business back on track without any distractions.

Happy Mothers Day to all you Mums out there!

Hope you are all sitting down with your feet up being pampered something rotten.

Hi Rose! Thanks for the Mothers Day wishes! Your posts are hilarious...you are SO loved up! (understandable of course!)

Hello,can I join in? The dramas on this forum reminds me of my kids,this thread seems a bit safer :)

HI Good to meet you. I am from York..not far from Donny!!

Hello oldies .. hows it going??

I feel dodgy as if Im getting a cold or somefink ...damn mika gigs

Fred...you just can't stand the pace can you!!!!!:naughty:

good morning oldlings

this is the start of a very strange week for me

i was told on tuesday (10 minutes before i left for the gig :blink:) that the salon i work at will be closing for good

i'm sad because saturday is my last day at work and i'm happy because i have the chance to do something different, but after 20 years in hairdressing it's still a scary thought.

i'll have the laptop at work today so will pop in later

OH Pooh..........I do hope it works out for you, but I think it will:thumb_yello: You were ready for a change wern' you. I hope it all goes ok

hi pooh!

do you remember me??? hahahahhaha

it was lovely to see you in the flesh! and yr Gary too!

i'm sure you'll find something else in a while, yr long experience is something!:thumb_yello:

are you going to change from hairdressing? that might be more difficult.

i'm here at work waiting for MFC to become official, so i cannot concentrate on my papers....but my boss is not coming for 2 days, so i feel i can play the lazy cat for a while!:naughty:

dear oldlings...today is also my MIKA anniversary...i saw him at SAnremo festival on tv on march 3rd 2007, and it was forever............:wub2:

ROBI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARghhhhhh!!!!! That is amazing! It was my Mika gig anniversary last Tues 26th Feb and I was seeing him again on the same night (the 11th time!!!!) I should have made it twelve..one for each month!!!

As you say..if we got the Official status today it will be a brilliant way to celebrate!!!

Good MOrning everyone else, hope you are all ok today.

oh!

you also come form BC!!

i loved yr country last summer.....:wub2: :wub2:

elanorelle knows it, she comes from Victoria! :thumb_yello:

welcome crystal, i like yr nick

her nickname from MSN is very similary spelled to mine!:)

crystal . I love ya girl! already you and I are bonding:)

Robertina! its awesome that more MFC are local! and I have been listening to the Vancouver youtube clips and I have never heard a crowd so loud in my life!

Morning :blush-anim-cl:

I can't stop!:bleh:

But saw Allegra's thankyou there, so sweet , so nice, so Allegra, only met her for a shrot time but she was lovely , if she pops in here ... hello!:wink2:

Hi Pooh, hope things work out well for you, change can be a great thing in the end, if a bit daunting at first!

today we get news?

Don't know seems to be the idea .... i'll keep checking!

Robi , hope you feel a bit better today :wink2:

Well, take care my dears :thumb_yello:

better yes thanks...so nice of you to ask!

just not working and getting lost in the official thread!

hallo kath!

morning all ! hey i didnt know i had been here longer than u robi :shocked: well we have snow today yippee , i hope it stays this time so the kids get to enjoy it after school :thumb_yello:

morning all ! hey i didnt know i had been here longer than u robi :shocked: well we have snow today yippee , i hope it stays this time so the kids get to enjoy it after school :thumb_yello:

my MFC birthday will be on march 12th...today is my Mika's birthday, the first time i saw (not met mind you!) mika, it was on tv at sanremo festival.

snow?

...poor wendi...............:blink:

I am not sure if Wendi has the snow at her side actually. She sent me a text this morning about us having it (although we actually don't as we never seem to get it in our valley:shocked: )

I hope it stays for the kids Sheena..that is SO annoying when they have to sit in school and miss it :thumbdown:

my MFC birthday will be on march 12th...today is my Mika's birthday, the first time i saw (not met mind you!) mika, it was on tv at sanremo festival.

snow?

...poor wendi...............:blink:

more like lucky wendi it will be worse where she is :thumb_yello: hey robi it was a shame u werent at the gig on thursday i could have done with some help with that bloody mob at the after-party , i asked a certain person to help me sort it out but refused , can u believe that !

I am not sure if Wendi has the snow at her side actually. She sent me a text this morning about us having it (although we actually don't as we never seem to get it in our valley:shocked: )

I hope it stays for the kids Sheena..that is SO annoying when they have to sit in school and miss it :thumbdown:

god that strange shes had it tons since last year ! yeah we bought sledges the last time we had snow but never got to use them it disappeared as fast as we got it :thumbdown: this place is great for sledging massive hills all over :thumb_yello:

more like lucky wendi it will be worse where she is :thumb_yello: hey robi it was a shame u werent at the gig on thursday i could have done with some help with that bloody mob at the after-party , i asked a certain person to help me sort it out but refused , can u believe that !

yes

at least i could have spoken to the italians...as i'm afraid some did not even understand what mika asked.....

thanks for reminding me i was not there! :sneaky2:

heheheheh no prob, sheena...i'm getting over it....:blink:

yes

at least i could have spoken to the italians...as i'm afraid some did not even understand what mika asked.....

But that is part of the whole argument isn't it? Lack of communication. If we had KNOWN what was going on we could have at least TRIED to be there!:shocked: But I know that still doesn't solve the problem of bad behaviour of some of those that were actually there...and the distribution of the armbands and the whole argument over whether they went to the right people:shocked:

But anyway ...........this is our safe haven in here..we won't talk about that!:thumbdown:

yes

well i pulled a few people up one was a man who was short , dark hair & glasses i dont know if he was italian or french , he knew what i was saying to him for sure as he answered me when i asked him if he had got an autograph & a picture with mika , he showed me that he did then i said so why are you pushing back into him dont you know hes being crowded with people who have already got what they wanted & other abusive crap he didnt care :thumbdown:

But that is part of the whole argument isn't it? Lack of communication. If we had KNOWN what was going on we could have at least TRIED to be there!:shocked: But I know that still doesn't solve the problem of bad behaviour of some of those that were actually there...and the distribution of the armbands and the whole argument over whether they went to the right people:shocked:

But anyway ...........this is our safe haven in here..we won't talk about that!:thumbdown:

kath the problem was that these bands were intended for the mfcers & if i counted properally 70 was more than enough for everyone ! john should have spoken to someone who was a part of the mfc to hand them out cause im sure there was people from the crowd who werent even a part of the mfc given them .

kath the problem was that these bands were intended for the mfcers & if i counted properally 70 was more than enough for everyone ! john should have spoken to someone who was a part of the mfc to hand them out cause im sure there was people from the crowd who werent even a part of the mfc given them .

Well exactly. And I know that if we had had advance notice the number would have gone up considerably as a lot of MFCers would have moved Hell and High water to get there:shocked: BUT.....if there had been some communication at the time..and they were just given to MFCers it would have been much fairer

morning all - - xxxxx

ooh i feel guilty now as my friend was with me and shes not on here - but as it wasnt a planned thing, I didnt know - so she came along to the gig!

but I think she and the mids realised that they would have been sitting out in the car if I hadnt got them in!!

carri im glad she got in she seem nice & came from edinburgh :wink2: the thing is i got made to feel really guilty having a band , by the the woman i bought the ticket from (a non-mcfer) & a french woman (mfcer) just because i wasnt supposed to going at the begining , god i hope they dont come in here & see this or i`ll be more unpopular than i am :boxed: i did ask if it possible if any more came availble could i have 2 more for them but they got ratty with me i told them it was john that handed it to me personally & i didnt grab for it like others did :sneaky2: the french woman even said to the woman i know that i was weird which i think it was because she was standing there blubbering & i stood back n didnt hug her like the rest did or give her my band !

ack they r just too emotional!! and john persoannly gave me the other 3 bands when I explained my predicament!! I was all for leaving the 3 of them in the car in the middle of brixton at midnight while I partied!!!

Hello folks. Robi, so nice to see you back gracing our pages again. I have missed you. Happy Mika birthday btw. xx

Sheena, I have watched all your vids on dailymotion thing. Really good, thanks for uploading for me as an unfortunate one who didn't get on Thursday.

Hello folks. Robi, so nice to see you back gracing our pages again. I have missed you. Happy Mika birthday btw. xx

Sheena, I have watched all your vids on dailymotion thing. Really good, thanks for uploading for me as an unfortunate one who didn't get on Thursday.

cheers shari :thumb_yello: i couldnt believe i had used a full 4 gig card that night just on mika , i`ll need to invest in another !

haha carri your just like me no sympathy for others , i like that :naughty:

hi pooh!

do you remember me??? hahahahhaha

it was lovely to see you in the flesh! and yr Gary too!

i'm sure you'll find something else in a while, yr long experience is something!:thumb_yello:

are you going to change from hairdressing? that might be more difficult.

i'm here at work waiting for MFC to become official, so i cannot concentrate on my papers....but my boss is not coming for 2 days, so i feel i can play the lazy cat for a while!:naughty:

dear oldlings...today is also my MIKA anniversary...i saw him at SAnremo festival on tv on march 3rd 2007, and it was forever............:wub2:

Happy Mika day Robi!!!!! :huglove:

Hello everyone :)

Ladies - I know this is cheeky - but can we not discuss "that" party in here.

It exhausts me - and almost every other thread seems full of the problems.

This is a welcome oasis from it. :blush-anim-cl: