The Terminal 5 NYC 2.02.08 Nostalgia Thread

i still havent gotten it:sneaky2: lol

omggg sooo said! my homepage is msn (surprisingly not the mfc but i made it that way cuz if it was i would be on here all f-ing day lol) and they have this slide show thing of different news stories and one of the slide show things was like this swedish band called the hives and it said u can see some of there performances cuz i guess they filmed the whole concert and i clicked on it just cuz i was curious and it led me to this link and it said the concert was in terminal 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tears: i was watching the performances cuz u could see the stage and everything i got very teary eyed lol! here is the link

http://music.msn.com/thehives?GT1=28000

hahah you can even see the same security guards wearing the same yellow shirt in some of the performances hahaha

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

omggg sooo said! my homepage is msn (surprisingly not the mfc but i made it that way cuz if it was i would be on here all f-ing day lol) and they have this slide show thing of different news stories and one of the slide show things was like this swedish band called the hives and it said u can see some of there performances cuz i guess they filmed the whole concert and i clicked on it just cuz i was curious and it led me to this link and it said the concert was in terminal 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tears: i was watching the performances cuz u could see the stage and everything i got very teary eyed lol! here is the link

hahah you can even see the same security guards wearing the same yellow shirt in some of the performances hahaha

i didn't know they existed after mika?? hmm....

on monday there was someone killed at the club in miami where i first saw mika. :tears:

I saw it too!!!! I was excited though!! because MIKA was there back in 2/08.

I was searching around the beautiful internet the other day.... just out of sheer boardum and I came across something that was written about OUTSIDE the VENUE..... and it was all about outside of Terminal 5 on 2/2/08..OMG

I HAVE to find it....yall have to read it....you will get SUCH a kick out of it...... to see the perspective from an outsiders view.... OMG...and tey said that as they were coming down the street they could hear ALL the screaming...*and they had NO IDEA what we were screaming ABOUT* LMFAO

The View from Outside- Mika @ Terminal 5, New York City

February 4th, 2008 - by Linda

Location, NYC, Tours

I was excited about the Mika tour when I found out about it over a month ago. It was so far in advance that I figured I’d wait and get the tickets at the venue so as not to pay the ridiculous Ticketmaster fees. I stupidly thought Mika isn’t that popular yet, so it won’t sell out. I was obviously wrong and by the time I got to the box office, tickets were long gone.

I decided to try my luck at the venue. I’ve never gone to a concert without tickets, but I figured someone would have an extra that they’d be trying to get rid of.

I got there at about 6:45. Doors were set to open at 7. I could hear the screaming teenagers from down the block (I don’t really know why they were screaming). The crowd was very young, high school girls and a lot of small children, even families. Some fans came dressed up in crazy bright colored outfits, sparkly leggings, and headbands. Far too many of the girls were wearing tank tops and no jackets (it was at most 30 degrees outside).

I wasn’t really sure what to do at this point. I asked the security guards if they thought tickets would open up at the last minute and they sort of laughed at me. I asked a random people if they had extra tickets. A few other hopefuls were also looking for tickets and were just as clueless as I was. There were some scalpers but they were selling tickets for $80 which was over my limit since tickets cost $30. After maybe 45 minutes of no luck, I could no longer feel my toes and I realized that even if I got in, by that point, the venue would be almost full and I would not be able to see anything (I am very short). Plus, I’d already had enough of that crowd. I decided I’d probably have a better time listening to Life in Cartoon Motion on the subway ride home than being at the concert, surrounded by attention-seeking teenagers. I’m sure Mika will come back to New York and next time, I’ll just buy tickets from Ticketmaster. I did feel a little sadness as I walked away, especially as two girls who looked to be about 5 skipped past me singing, “We’re going to see Mika!”

Is this lady CRAZY or WHAT.... $80.00 is nothing!!!!! I would have paid $300.00 for a ticket if I were her....but, then again I am not the one who thought "Mika is not that popular in America"...... LMAO

Poor Linda.....missed the BEST night e-v-e-r!

I was searching around the beautiful internet the other day.... just out of sheer boardum and I came across something that was written about OUTSIDE the VENUE..... and it was all about outside of Terminal 5 on 2/2/08..OMG

I HAVE to find it....yall have to read it....you will get SUCH a kick out of it...... to see the perspective from an outsiders view.... OMG...and tey said that as they were coming down the street they could hear ALL the screaming...*and they had NO IDEA what we were screaming ABOUT* LMFAO

OMG, you better find it!!!

I want to read it!!!

Is this lady CRAZY or WHAT.... $80.00 is nothing!!!!! I would have paid $300.00 for a ticket if I were her....but, then again I am not the one who thought "Mika is not that popular in America"...... LMAO

Poor Linda.....missed the BEST night e-v-e-r!

never underestimate the power of my-ka.:mf_rosetinted:

Am I the only one who noticed this woman didn't like the crowd?

Were we that bad?:blink:

She must've come when we were singing or when Andy was out or something because I don't remember people screaming that often. The again my memory isn't very reliable.

Am I the only one who noticed this woman didn't like the crowd?

Were we that bad?:blink:

She must've come when we were singing or when Andy was out or something because I don't remember people screaming that often. The again my memory isn't very reliable.

Well judgeing by the time she says she got there..... we were REALLY fired up at that point. Andy WAS out there filming us - and they had just put up the barricades. My take on it, is she was just bitter. COME on waiting all that time....and thinking OH MIKA IS NOT THAT POPULAR - HE IS NOT GONNA SELL OUT..... I will just get my tickets at the venue the night of the show, 15 minutes before the doors open. WTF - well, she got a RUDE awakening!!! BUT WHAT MADE ME REALIZE THAT SHE IS NOT A 'FAN' is the fact that she refused to pay $80.00 from a scalper.....ha - and tickets were $300.00 on EBay! I would have JUMPED at $80.00 and thought that was a STEAL! THAT MY DEAR IS THE DIFFERENCE. She got there at 6:00 in the EVENING and we got there at 5:00 AM....and we HAD tickets! ....since the MOMENT they went on sale! Who is obsessed? .......STOP starring at me :sneaky2:

:roftl: :roftl:

I am outtie peeps! I will talk to yall Monday.... I am going away for the weekend to see One Night of Queen in concert....FINALLY! I have had tickets for EVER! Like 4 months BEFORE Mika ANNOUNCED his North American Tour....I am SO READY! I will check on here IF the hotel has access! :naughty: .....kinda makes me miss our hotel in NYC......the computers R-O-C-K-E-D!!!!!!

INTERNET ACCESS....a MUST for any traveling MFCer :lmao:

hahaha OMG!!!!!!!!! THAT IS AWSOME!!!!!!!! I WOULD BE FREAKING OUT!!!

i was freaking out! when i saw it' date=' i left my friend a voicemail like "OMFG!!! WE'RE ON PEREZ!!!! AHHH!!!" then when she called me back 10 minutes later i was just like "so ya, we're on perez". that's what happens when you have add.:naughty: [/color']

i was freaking out! when i saw it, i left my friend a voicemail like "OMFG!!! WE'RE ON PEREZ!!!! AHHH!!!" then when she called me back 10 minutes later i was just like "so ya, we're on perez". that's what happens when you have add.:naughty:

hahaha lmao!!! I CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU!!!

She keeps going on and on about how young the crowd is.....'screaming teenagers'..... hhhmmm.... I wonder if she mistaken ME for a teenager :mf_rosetinted:

I wonder the same about me...:naughty:

I am outtie peeps! I will talk to yall Monday.... I am going away for the weekend to see One Night of Queen in concert....FINALLY! I have had tickets for EVER! Like 4 months BEFORE Mika ANNOUNCED his North American Tour....I am SO READY! I will check on here IF the hotel has access! :naughty: .....kinda makes me miss our hotel in NYC......the computers R-O-C-K-E-D!!!!!!

INTERNET ACCESS....a MUST for any traveling MFCer :lmao:

Aaah,I wanna hear all about it!! I know you'll have fun!

it's on page 4, or under ADoration

When I first read that, I thought you meant you and your friend Amanda were sitting on perezhilton.com and I was just thinking, "Okay..." until I saw thus post. haha

That's awesome!:punk: Go Alex! Go Amanda!

jess i just got the message that you and ada left on my phone:wub2: awwww you guys are to sweet lol you spoil me lol:wub2: :huglove: it is sooo funny you both are arguing and having another conversation while leaving me a message hahaha:roftl: i was hysterically laughing! and may i ask WHY ADA SMELLED:boxed: :naughty:

jess i just got the message that you and ada left on my phone:wub2: awwww you guys are to sweet lol you spoil me lol:wub2: :huglove: it is sooo funny you both are arguing and having another conversation while leaving me a message hahaha:roftl: i was hysterically laughing! and may i ask WHY ADA SMELLED

Good' date=' I was going to ask if you got it!

:lmao: The only thing Ada and I do when we're together is play fight. :roftl:

I was just kidding when I said she smelled.Or was I?:mf_rosetinted:

Good, I was going to ask if you got it!

:lmao: The only thing Ada and I do when we're together is play fight. :roftl:

I was just kidding when I said she smelled.Or was I?:mf_rosetinted:

good hahahahaha i was like:boxed: ew:blink: :naughty: you guys are hysterical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i wanna go to the next carnival!

good hahahahaha i was like:boxed: ew:blink: :naughty: you guys are hysterical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i wanna go to the next carnival!

When we hung up we were like' date=' "Why did we do that? We probably just confused her.:roftl:"

Yea, that would be so fun!

Me and Ada went on the bumper cars twice, the giant swing ride, the merry go round, ferris wheel, huge ride, and walked around singing. hah It was fun.[/font']