The Joao Marques (the sweetest security guy EVER) Thread

Ok, this may be absolutely random and off topic in a Mika fan club, but hey! We’re not any fan club, are we? We care about people in here and we show them we do, don’t we?

Some of you who were in Brixton last week might have talked to this really sweet guy.

Joao.jpg

He is Joao Marques and is the nicest security guy I’ve ever met. He took a big part in making my week in London an unforgettable one.

Petra came with the brilliant idea of creating a thread about him just to show him how we appreciate him and his kind, lovely ways. So here it is!

THANK YOU JOAO, WE’LL NEVER FORGET YOU EITHER!!

(Hope you don't mind us showing our love here:naughty: )

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most of security guys in brixton were really nice! :bleh:

Yes, it's true, I should have extended the thread to them all, but I personalized it on him mostly because he helped me A LOT when I lost my camera on Tuesday, and then on Thrusday he was with me nearly all the time, "taking care of me":roftl:

Is that what his name is.

He was a lovely guy. I had a funny conversation with him on Tuesday night.

I was waiting for Luke, who was getting photos taken and trying to get a taxi home at the same time (boy can he multi task or what!), when Joao came over and said "Okay everyone has gone now, please leave the area"

So I said I was waiting for Luke, who was standing over there in the corner, to which he said "Who's Luke?" I told him Luke was one of the band, he said that the band had gone, to which I replied, that Luke the keyboard player was still there. He looked round, saw Luke getting photos taken, raised his eyes to heaven and said "For god's sake Luke go home!"

It was hilarious!

Did anyone get the other guys name, the bald guy in the orange jacket. He was a Close Protection Officer (NOT a security guard, he was very put out when I called him that, bless him). He was a sweetheart too, although by Thursday I got the feeling he thought I was stalking him, he was so lovely, I just wanted to talk to him, honest!LOL!

I was waiting for Luke, who was getting photos taken and trying to get a taxi home at the same time (boy can he multi task or what!), when Joao came over and said "Okay everyone has gone now, please leave the area"

So I said I was waiting for Luke, who was standing over there in the corner, to which he said "Who's Luke?" I told him Luke was one of the band, he said that the band had gone, to which I replied, that Luke the keyboard player was still there. He looked round, saw Luke getting photos taken, raised his eyes to heaven and said "For god's sake Luke go home!"

It was hilarious!

Did anyone get the other guys name, the bald guy in the orange jacket. He was a Close Protection Officer (NOT a security guard, he was very put out when I called him that, bless him). He was a sweetheart too, although by Thursday I got the feeling he thought I was stalking him, he was so lovely, I just wanted to talk to him, honest!LOL!

Sooo...Joao Marques? He is probably the nice Portuguese security guy that talked to a friend of mine at the gigs... Nice to see his face! :naughty:

Yep, that's the name and he's the Portuguese guy who was talking to other Portuguese people (guess one of those was your friend, Mary). He was so nice to us, giving us that deliciuos energy drink and really caring about my camera and all. He loved the shows, he kep on dancing all the time, and then in the party he was a bit shocked by us crazy fans doing our crazy things:naughty:

No idea about the bold Close Protection Officer (I was there too Rose, I followed that hilarious conversation, he was a lovely man too, wasn't he?). Too bad though, I really liked the guy! Stalk him, Rose??:roftl: Come on penguin should know better!! (Somebody might just get jealous:lmao: :lmao: )

I had a Portuguese guy in front of me on Tuesday and he spent most of the downtime talking to the security guard. We were hoping he was going to help us with the stage invasion since he'd been so friendly. :biggrin2:

There was also a lovely security guard who opened the gates on Thursday. He heard our pleas to let in the first few people 5 at a time and I managed to get front row centre for the first time instead of having 50 people pass me as we went inside. :thumb_yello:

They were also good about handing out water and helping people on stage Thursday.

So on one side we have Icey, and on the other side we have this super nice guy? looks pretty fair :D

It was hilarious!

Sounds familiar!:naughty:

This guy is truly nice!! He was there already in December, for the first gig, and that day he was both outside and inside, so because we'd chatted to him all day (what else to do?!!), while we were all squashed and tired before going in he came and gave us a couple of cans of that energy drink, Rockstars.

Once inside, he was also incredibly nice and gave us water, etc....

This time he recognised Petra and I from December!! And when he saw us on Tuesday, he said that he was not outside minding the queue this time, but that he'd come out to give us more of that Rockstars drink.

So sure enough...on Thu he comes out with 3 mega cans for us! He was seriously soooo lovely, the nicest security chap here.

Here he is:

IMG_1591.jpg

Throughout the gig he was being quite funny, dancing away and just being silly.

He's a very, very nice person. I wish there were more security guys like him, seriously.

When we said goodbye he gave us a big hug :wub2: and said til next time or something like that:roftl: .

I think that he thinks we're all nuts but "in a nice way"

:naughty: yeh after your pleas...

'LET HER GOOOOOOOO' :roftl:

:roftl: I wish I'd known they were helping you. I got so distracted with that when I should have been climbing over the barrier myself. I just wanted to make sure you got up there. :biggrin2:

This guy is truly nice!! He was there already in December, for the first gig, and that day he was both outside and inside, so because we'd chatted to him all day (what else to do?!!), while we were all squashed and tired before going in he came and gave us a couple of cans of that energy drink, Rockstars.

Once inside, he was also incredibly nice and gave us water, etc....

This time he recognised Petra and I from December!! And when he saw us on Tuesday, he said that he was not outside minding the queue this time, but that he'd come out to give us more of that Rockstars drink.

So sure enough...on Thu he comes out with 3 mega cans for us! He was seriously soooo lovely, the nicest security chap here.

Here he is:

Throughout the gig he was being quite funny, dancing away and just being silly.

He's a very, very nice person. I wish there were more security guys like him, seriously.

When we said goodbye he gave us a big hug :wub2: and said til next time or something like that:roftl: .

I think that he thinks we're all nuts but "in a nice way"

Love the pic Sara!!! Shuld I post the one in the after party in here? (I'm shy you know:naughty: ): it was one of the best pics I've ever been in to.

He told me at first he thought Mika was a girl, but then when he listened to him for the first time he loved the music and especially the fans (like he said: "not like any other fan, you know"). Then he followed me around in the party and when he left he gave me a biiiiiig kiss, ain't that nice! Wish all security guys were like that!

So on one side we have Icey, and on the other side we have this super nice guy? looks pretty fair :D

Sounds familiar!:naughty:

:das:

Icey is also a nice guy, ask sariflor if you don't believe me!:naughty:

Oooh, Icey IS nice!! He goes by the name N-Icey lately:roftl:

Look at him trying to supress his little smile...

IMG_1596.jpg

:woot_jump: :woot_jump:

Awwww.... :yay::punk:

He is the BEST Security guy there EVER!!! I think the rest of AP Security thought of us to be pretty insane but he didn't (well, at least he said that there were other fans of other artists that were worse :naughty:). He handed out drinks, took photos for us and was much much more friendly than the rest (which doesn't mean that the rest was unfriendly. He was just simply the best.).

So: THANK YOU!!!! Thank you for being such a great guy!!! :punk:

Then he followed me around in the party and when he left he gave me a biiiiiig kiss, ain't that nice! Wish all security guys were like that!

He did? Awww!!! :wub2: :wub2: I didn't notice :naughty: I cannot remember seeing him during or after the "party" because I was stuck at the bar with Laura and not really in the mood to do anything :sneaky2: but he gave me a big hug shortly before the band came into the room! Oh, what a lovely man!!! Do you think we'll see him again? :blush-anim-cl:

He did? Awww!!! :wub2: I didn't notice :naughty: I cannot remember seeing him during or after the "party" because I was stuck at the bar with Laura and not really in the mood to do anything :sneaky2: but he gave me a big hug shortly before the band came into the room! Oh, what a lovely man!!! Do you think we'll see him again? :blush-anim-cl:

Yes, he did, now wasn't that nice! :wub2: He left when the band came in, he said he was afraid he might lose his mind if he stayed a bit longer!:roftl: Too bad you were stuck at the bar like that :huglove:

I'm sure we'll see him again and he'll remember us alright! Gosh, how I'd like to be in touch with him!