• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the closest thing we have to a decorative fountain:

sculpture1.jpg

A collection of scrap metal. :blink:?

murdoch.jpg

This is what our buildings look like. All of them.

http://www.murdoch.edu.au/Future-students/Why-Murdoch/Take-a-tour-of-our-campus/

"The campus is set in a beautiful bush environment and covers over 227 hectares, making it the largest campus in Australia."

This is to be interpreted as : "Because we couldn't be bothered building multi-story buildings, we decided to spread everything out in lots of little buildings, just so everyone has to walk for four hours to get from class to class, especially vet students."

My campus has only 3 measly buildings (which include only 3 lecture theatres total) and the other Monash Uni campuses are 1.5+ hours away. There was nowhere for them to shove us in even if they wanted to. :boxed:

Pssht. I go to the main campus. Rockingham has one building, and Peel has a shed :naughty: I used to drive 1.15 to get to my uni :bleh:

Did I mention that most of my subjects require work to be handed in on the 9th, 10th or 11th floor.

Or that you as you drive to the uni (or take the bus) you can see it 2 roads (at least) down while not see anything else of the uni

Haha, well if the lifts work sometimes, that's be better than walking 4 kms ... we don't have *insert name of those airport conveyor belt things* :naughty: Although 11 stories of stairs ... *shudders*

I never really even considered it before I went there, actually. Lol. I'm not sure I really want to stay so close to home, but it seems like a really nice place. I'd like to go back to Europe though, I don't see myself staying here. But, who knows.

Ohhh, uni in Europe :wub2:

Lurkers not on MSN, get on there. I have a question about the petition.

Ask me! Add me into your mighty fantastic ... scary .. group convo!

This is the closest thing we have to a decorative fountain:

sculpture1.jpg

A collection of scrap metal. :blink:?

murdoch.jpg

This is what our buildings look like. All of them.

http://www.murdoch.edu.au/Future-students/Why-Murdoch/Take-a-tour-of-our-campus/

"The campus is set in a beautiful bush environment and covers over 227 hectares, making it the largest campus in Australia."

This is to be interpreted as : "Because we couldn't be bothered building multi-story buildings, we decided to spread everything out in lots of little buildings, just so everyone has to walk for four hours to get from class to class, especially vet students."

Well.... my uni's pretty spread out (it has its own postcode :wink2:)

clayton-campus-map-b35.jpg

Here's a map (not including the residences which are somewhere past the top right corner, or the free parking, which is somewhere past the bottom right (both take forever to walk to)

To give you a clue of the size... the only time I've gone past building 10(I'm in the bottom half all the time) is to go to building 51 (which is right next to it), or the lawn just above it (they have a market there the later half of the week)

But that was enough to get me lost :naughty:

And I think we have some random bits of metal as art somewhere :wink2:

Well.... my uni's pretty spread out (it has its own postcode :wink2:)

Here's a map (not including the residences which are somewhere past the top right corner, or the free parking, which is somewhere past the bottom right (both take forever to walk to)

To give you a clue of the size... the only time I've gone past building 10(I'm in the bottom half all the time) is to go to building 51 (which is right next to it), or the lawn just above it (they have a market there the later half of the week)

But that was enough to get me lost :naughty:

And I think we have some random bits of metal as art somewhere :wink2:

*wonders whether she is blind*

I don't see no map!

Do you have a full farm? :naughty: Our's is it's own suburb :thumb_yello:

51 buildings! lol. Our buildings aren't logically named like that.

My uni is organised quite well in theory. With a central park surrounded by all the general things ... food, student services, admin, shops, library, theatre ... and then sprouting off around it are the different wings for the differet subjects. Except, esp in first year, a lot of subjects shared units, and still some now, and those that share units are at opposite ends of the uni ... and now I am all over the place this semester :boxed: .. and of course Vet is by FAR the furtherest ... because of the farm and hospital.

*wonders whether she is blind*

I don't see no map!

Do you have a full farm? :naughty: Our's is it's own suburb :thumb_yello:

51 buildings! lol. Our buildings aren't logically named like that.

My uni is organised quite well in theory. With a central park surrounded by all the general things ... food, student services, admin, shops, library, theatre ... and then sprouting off around it are the different wings for the differet subjects. Except, esp in first year, a lot of subjects shared units, and still some now, and those that share units are at opposite ends of the uni ... and now I am all over the place this semester :boxed: .. and of course Vet is by FAR the furtherest ... because of the farm and hospital.

I don't know if we have a farm.

And I fixed it so the map is there now

We have way more than 51 buildings (their only named like that on the map, they have other names)

I don't know if we have a farm.

And I fixed it so the map is there now

We have way more than 51 buildings (their only named like that on the map, they have other names)

Murdoch_map.gif

With carparks 8&9 and the vet hospitals/clinics under that stupid thing, and the farm extending about the same distance as that map underneath.

Either you have more buildings, or your map has numbered more buildings with multiple numbers *is too lazy to look properly*

What are you both studying?

Vet :wink2:

But you have the only cyclotron in the Southern Hemisphere. :thumb_yello:

Sorry, but accelerating and colliding subatomic particles beats farm animals any day. :naughty:

Okay, I admit it. You win. :sneaky2:

But you have the only cyclotron in the Southern Hemisphere. :thumb_yello:

Sorry, but accelerating and colliding subatomic particles beats farm animals any day. :naughty:

We also have the largest wind tunnel in the southern hemisphere apparently :naughty:

Oh and OD we definately have more buildings (and I'm guessing a bigger campus :naughty:)

WHy did you not request it? At the last wedding I went to, I asked them to play Love Today :D

And while I was on the Wipeout at Dreamworld a few days ago they played Grace Kelly :naughty:

Was going to request it, but would have been paid out to no end if people had seen me do it cause they all know my obsession!

Good afternoon Everyone!

Really toasty here today.. Had to put the cooler on..

I come up with a solution to the Ensure drama. 1 scoop yuck stuff, 1 scoop good stuff and 1 scoop Sustagen. Tastes better. :thumb_yello:

Cleaned the house a bit today and realised I'm too fussy about throwing things out.

Come to the conclusion that housework should be done drunk.:naughty:

Or when mother's are visiting from Brisbane (read: they do it for you!)

Yo baby!

Just wanted to let you know that although I don't post much on the forum any more (:mf_rosetinted:), I am still here, and I am ALWAYS here for my aussie buddies. :thumb_yello:

Hey stranger! Good to know you are still lurking.

:naughty:

What about bananas and nutella... yay or nay? Cuz... I have bananas sitting beside me. :naughty:

Bananas & nutella in a crepe is yummy!

*is very glad she had her afternoon nap now* :naughty:

Hey Fred. Have fun. Don't hurt yourself like that other time!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQXECBdPgEA

:roftl:

You are too predictable- I knew what the video was going to be before I opened it!

Oh, just need to vent my frustration- I have spent the past 2 days trying to find a copy of BG to buy. Sanity, Target, Kmart and other music stores do not have it (actually, they have hardly any singles at all)

I know downloads make up a big part of sales these days but how the hell can a song do well in the charts if no one can buy a copy of it? BTW BG debuted at a pathetic no. 50 in the Aria charts last week :boxed: Fingers crossed for a big improvement tomorrow :mf_rosetinted:

You are too predictable- I knew what the video was going to be before I opened it!

Hahahaha.. Well not everyone would've known.. :fisch:

Didn't text you last night because there was no news obviously.

I haven't gone looking for BG yet. Might have a look during the week, when I feel like putting up with people:naughty:

Hello everyone.. again..

Hahahaha.. Well not everyone would've known.. :fisch:

Didn't text you last night because there was no news obviously.

I haven't gone looking for BG yet. Might have a look during the week, when I feel like putting up with people:naughty:

Hello everyone.. again..

I thought this video may have been appropriate for FD>>>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0_fUNC3WGE&feature=related :wub2:

:roftl: :roftl:

I hate that song and clip sooo much :naughty:

I must be demented cause I love it! We used to have that song at bodyjam and I would always giggle at the look everyone in the class vs that gym. I could just imagine if all the older ladies that do the class rocked up in outfits like that- the look of horror on everyone's faces as they walked in would be priceless!

Right, am going to lurk for a while but really need to sleep, haven't had a full nights sleep for the past few days and am feeling shattered, will catch you later :wub2:

We also have the largest wind tunnel in the southern hemisphere apparently

Oh and OD we definately have more buildings (and I'm guessing a bigger campus :naughty:)

Yeah, well, you'd be guessing wrong!

*points to quote from uni site in post a bit back*

Was going to request it, but would have been paid out to no end if people had seen me do it cause they all know my obsession!

LOL!

Oh, just need to vent my frustration- I have spent the past 2 days trying to find a copy of BG to buy. Sanity, Target, Kmart and other music stores do not have it (actually, they have hardly any singles at all)

I know downloads make up a big part of sales these days but how the hell can a song do well in the charts if no one can buy a copy of it? BTW BG debuted at a pathetic no. 50 in the Aria charts last week Fingers crossed for a big improvement tomorrow :mf_rosetinted:

JB HiFi in the city had a stack of copies last week .. or was it the week before? I can't remember, but their usually the best bet anyway, if your in the area...

For some reason, this window wont let me make it bigger :blink: ... I'll have to start a new one, it's annoying

So Mika is nominated for best new artist for the Japanese music video awards, end of May, don't know if he is going but fingers crossed he will and then come here after that! :thumb_yello:

Am really going to bed now!

:roftl: I hate that song and clip sooo much :naughty:

So do I. Objectification of women much? Presentation of unrealistic ideals much? And less seriously, creepiness (of guy perving) much? :fisch:

It's a Fitness First favourite, though. But I've yet to see it while in the Women's Only weights room to view reactions. :naughty:

So Mika is nominated for best new artist for the Japanese music video awards, end of May, don't know if he is going but fingers crossed he will and then come here after that! :thumb_yello:

Am really going to bed now!

Haha *wishes so* ... I wouldn't bet on it though... he cancelled V so he could have album time around then...

Nighty night!

I just welcomed a new Aussie...poor girl - I had to break the news to her that Mika cancelled the festival (actually, she might have not read my reponse yet). :blink: