A year ago...

God sent me someone that would change my life forever. An anthem arose in my heart and I was given a strength that I cannot let go of even if I tried. Right before I turned 17 I discovered Mika... he gave me a single song and my mind went in a billion different directions.

I knew he had changed me when I was walking up to the podium during honors night 07' getting ready to make my speech. I had his voice in my head and suddenly...I was smiling...not only smiling, but confident. I couldn't have had the courage to get through it if it wasn't for him.

My birthday is on wednesday, and I am forever reminded about the special someone who came into my life and was here to stay. He changed every entitiy of my being...everything happy is MIKA...

A year ago I was a mess...a depressed,stressed mess... There were alot of problems at home...there still are. There have been 18 years of problems. Sometimes an end to a marriage will come as a relief to the child involved. (I'm still waiting a year later...)

I was fed up, and I had no one to let me scream at the top of my lungs and let it all out... You have to understand that Mika saved me from my own wrath...the blame that I felt, the fury.

I'm still stressed, but I can never be sad again now that I have all of you in my life.

I want to say my thank you's to all of you. It'll be a year in April that I joined this club. All of you have had an effect on me. I hope that somehow I have shown you how much you mean to me. I truly love this club...I await the day that we become official... I hope that Mika sees this thread and feels my gratitude. Sometimes I wonder if he'll ever know what he's done to me. Sometimes I wonder if he understands the depth of love that I have for him.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

*Joins the group hug*

I've joined here a month ago and I totally understand what you're saying Melanie. The reason is different (chronic illnesses that only deteriorate) but Mika and all of you make me happy again.

I hope you'll have a fantastic 18th year, without all the problems that you've got to deal with. Hope sun will shine again, all for you!!!

Big hug from me:wink2:

Sometimes I wonder if he'll ever know what he's done to me. Sometimes I wonder if he understands the depth of love that I have for him.

That's kind of what my signature is about.

It's hard to explain in words that make sense what a ridiculously huge impact 12 little pop songs can have on one's life. As much passion and intensity Mika has for his craft, I don't think he gets just what his music has done to some people. Probably better he doesn't quite get it, as if I were him, the intensity would frighten me. :wink2:

On the surface, it sounds like total madness - that some random musician from 7,000km away can show up and, with the release of a simple little pop album, change someone's life, change their perspectives, change their priorities. Its not something that anyone who hasn't been through it can understand. Sometimes I barely understand it. The Mika World has been something to fall into - something that, strange as it sounds, helps me to find direction.

It's like I was walking through my regular, boring old Billy Brown life, then Mika and his music came and pushed me over like a tsunami in cartoon motion. I've never gotten so consumed by anything before - and I'm savouring every second of it. And if it weren't for you guys who are experiencing the same thing, I'd think that I'd gone totally insane.

Thanks Melanie, you opened up the sap in me...:blush-anim-cl:

Awwwww...

group hug?

Hell yes!

:huglove:

It's hard to explain in words that make sense what a ridiculously huge impact 12 little pop songs can have on one's life. As much passion and intensity Mika has for his craft, I don't think he gets just what his music has done to some people. Probably better he doesn't quite get it, as if I were him, the intensity would frighten me. :wink2:

On the surface, it sounds like total madness - that some random musician from 7,000km away can show up and, with the release of a simple little pop album, change someone's life, change their perspectives, change their priorities. Its not something that anyone who hasn't been through it can understand. Sometimes I barely understand it. The Mika World has been something to fall into - something that, strange as it sounds, helps me to find direction.

It's like I was walking through my regular, boring old Billy Brown life, then Mika and his music came and pushed me over like a tsunami in cartoon motion. I've never gotten so consumed by anything before - and I'm savouring every second of it. And if it weren't for you guys who are experiencing the same thing, I'd think that I'd gone totally insane.

Well Mana, I enjoy the sap in you, as you yet again so eloquently describe the oddness I, too, feel about having been swept up for more than a year in the same 12 little pop songs, and the endlessly fascinating comings and goings and no-showings and chest-showings of a 20-something guy who has probably no true inkling of what he has done.

Mika never had a poster of anyone on his wall, he said. He must think those of us who have gigabytes worth of photos jamming up our hard disks are all completely nuts.

Happy nuts.:wub2:

Oh wow this is very touching... and also very sweet..I hope Mika reads this and I hope he gets to know how he's changed your life...and everyone else's..

I'm sorry about your problems and I hope things work out for you soon.. But now that you (we) have Mika there shouldn't be much to worry about..

I haven't been here long at all but I can certainly understand where you're coming from. People have been great to me and I already feel like I'm becoming part of the MFC family.. It's truely amazing.. And I'm grateful I got to have become part of this. Mika should be proud his fans are so special.. Thank you all, and thank you Melanie for starting this thread :o

God sent me someone that would change my life forever. An anthem arose in my heart and I was given a strength that I cannot let go of even if I tried. Right before I turned 17 I discovered Mika... he gave me a single song and my mind went in a billion different directions.

I knew he had changed me when I was walking up to the podium during honors night 07' getting ready to make my speech. I had his voice in my head and suddenly...I was smiling...not only smiling, but confident. I couldn't have had the courage to get through it if it wasn't for him.

My birthday is on wednesday, and I am forever reminded about the special someone who came into my life and was here to stay. He changed every entitiy of my being...everything happy is MIKA...

A year ago I was a mess...a depressed,stressed mess... There were alot of problems at home...there still are. There have been 18 years of problems. Sometimes an end to a marriage will come as a relief to the child involved. (I'm still waiting a year later...)

I was fed up, and I had no one to let me scream at the top of my lungs and let it all out... You have to understand that Mika saved me from my own wrath...the blame that I felt, the fury.

I'm still stressed, but I can never be sad again now that I have all of you in my life.

I want to say my thank you's to all of you. It'll be a year in April that I joined this club. All of you have had an effect on me. I hope that somehow I have shown you how much you mean to me. I truly love this club...I await the day that we become official... I hope that Mika sees this thread and feels my gratitude. Sometimes I wonder if he'll ever know what he's done to me. Sometimes I wonder if he understands the depth of love that I have for him.

Your words brought many tears to my eyes. This man is more than just an artist. He is a sage. He is a catalyst. He is amazing. I've heard so many stories about how he and his music has changed lives. I don't usually hear stories like this. This is an amazing time to be here, and be alive, and I'm happy we're all here to experience this together. I think there is a global awakening happening, and we're here with Mika on the ground floor :)

Thank the gods :)

Thank YOU!

Thank MIKA!

Hell yes!

:huglove:

I totally know what you are saying here. It's so amazing, like stepping from something horrid, through a curtain into heaven. I've said that since day one, thank you so much for this slice of heaven. I can't even say how many times I have been brought to tears either by talking to someone here, or exploring different songs, or by watching his interviews...He really is a catalyst. We're on the ground floor of something big and we're going to have the best view ever :)

THAT'S SO SWEET!!!

MY MIKA'S ANNIVERSY IS MARCH 29TH!!! FIRST TIME I SAW HIM PERFORMING.

I'm just not much of a thinker in general! :lol3:

Really?! What is it about?! You're a great writer!

aww thanks :)

Wellllll, it's a long story (literally) There's this girl named Lucia and she's absolutley lost... kind of confined in her world... It's set in the early 1900's, and there's definatley a love story...only it takes place somehow in her past life...she spends the time trying to find the reincarnation of this guy that she had a vision of...and all along he was right in front of her eyes... BUT, there's a BIG twist:naughty: