The Oldling Thread -- Lucky #13!!!

dcdeb

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Miek! I just can't stay away from here.:naughty:

Me neither, just got back from picking up my husband and son.....and here i i'm again. i should be a wife and mother now, but i'm having an off day, so they just have to manage without me! ha!

Long Story short:

2002-

-Major lawsuit with builder. We gross 3.5 Million in the lawsuit to fix building. However, later found out it would be over 7 Million

-Attorney and Contruction Manager end up practically running off with our money

- Builiding is now torn up. Either pay 6Million (divided up between all home owners) or get kicked out by the city because the building is unfit to live in.

- Erin Brockovich attorney's are now on the case to sue previous Atty and CM.

- Each owner is assessed the money. I refinance and pay.

- 10 owners do not pay and now, we are out of money again.

- City fines us over $250,000 during this time due to "fire saftey" issues.

- In order for construction to continue, we need to each come up with another 10-15,000 each. In the mean time, if those other people would pay, it would take some of the burden off us. NOT FAIR!

DON'T EVER BUY A CONDO!! YOU ARE UNDER THEIR FINANCIAL UMBRELLA! I'm so angry. Laws need to change. I now owe Twice as much on the condo than what I paid for it and there is no end in site. We have been on the news as the worse condo case in history. It's a fricken nightmare. But, I'm numb to it and I'm not letting it affect my life. I refuse to be a victim!

What kind of assessment? Is this to upgrade your condo?

it was my fault...poor kath!

hallo everyone, just to inform that i'm alive and breathing!

No Problem Robi!:wub2:

I have been trying to book flights for Amsterdam. The

flights are not the problem, it getting to the airport!!

Kath is going to drive there - so I really need to speak to her

and see if I can meet up with her in Edinburgh, or make my

way to the airport. Tried phoning her - but she has gone out!

Will just have to do it later - if I am still awake :naughty:

We can sort that bit nearer the time Wendi...please don't make me go into Central Edinburgh though..not that I mind it is just that I will probably get lost without a navigator as I have never driven there..oh yes I have...I am lying again! I forgot! Anyway..whatever is easiest...we will get it sorted!:thumb_yello:

Good Morning! Hope everyone is having a fabby day so far. I'm taking a quick break at work...breakfast. :naughty:

Well, looks like travelling for Mika and the MFC may be out of the question this year. Our condos are trying to hit up another 10 grand from each of us. That will make our grand total about $72,000/each for an assessment. I'm so furious. Part of me wants to cry but I'm so numb to all this since it's been going on for 7 years. I don't know if it's ever going to end. :(

That is a real bummer Charlie.

Our energy costs in the UK have really soared in the uk...and oil...which puts up the price of petrol...which puts up the price of everything in the shops etc...it is getting too expensive to even breath :shocked:

Good Afternoon everyone that is here:thumb_yello:

Long Story short:

2002-

-Major lawsuit with builder. We gross 3.5 Million in the lawsuit to fix building. However, later found out it would be over 7 Million

- Builiding is now torn up. Either pay 6Million (divided up between all home owners) or get kicked out by the city because the building is unfit to live in.

- In order for construction to continue, we need to each come up with another 10-15,000 each. In the mean time, if those other people would pay, it would take some of the burden off us. NOT FAIR!

DON'T EVER BUY A CONDO!! YOU ARE UNDER THEIR FINANCIAL UMBRELLA! I'm so angry. Laws need to change. I now owe Twice as much on the condo than what I paid for it and there is no end in site. We have been on the news as the worse condo case in history. It's a fricken nightmare. But, I'm numb to it and I'm not letting it affect my life. I refuse to be a victim!

Oh that is a dreadful story Charlie :shocked: Has the actual value rissen...or do you owe more than it is worth now (negative equity)?

this is the place i want to be....talking from mika's gorgeousness to condo tricks!

charlie....you are such a smiling person...nothing can depress you!

come here and rant...it will help! :thumb_yello:

hi kath....where have i seen you before? :naughty:

Long Story short:

2002-

Oh Charlotte, that sounds like a nightmare! I hate building/home stress. I have a renter and it had been such a headache dealing with them we hired a professional manager. Not that it has anything to do with what you are going through but it reminded me that I have this renter.:shocked:

Hi Kath! You changed your avatar! I almost didn't recognize you!:naughty:

Long Story short:

2002-

Wow, thats a story Charlie! Lesson learned..never by a condo. I hope things will lighten up in the near future. In the meen while, keep your chin up, don't let the bastards get you down. :lightsabre:

this is the place i want to be....talking from mika's gorgeousness to condo tricks!

No idea!:mf_rosetinted:

Oh Charlotte, that sounds like a nightmare! I hate building/home stress. I have a renter and it had been such a headache dealing with them we hired a professional manager. Not that it has anything to do with what you are going through but it reminded me that I have this renter.:shocked:

Hi Kath! You changed your avatar! I almost didn't recognize you!:naughty:

I know...I don't recognise myself either!:naughty: It is the t shirt that I had for the London gigs.

OK..sorry to have to go but I must.

Bye for now :wub2:

Are Kath and Wendy going to another Mika gig? In Amsterdam? :shocked: Bring me!:naughty:

I would love to! I would love us all to be able to go to a gig....maybe one day we will have another 'Glasgow' when a lot of the Oldlings were there...it was fantastic!!!:thumb_yello:

Good afternoon Oldlings :)

Are Kath and Wendy going to another Mika gig? In Amsterdam? :shocked: Bring me!:naughty:

We are!!!!! :punk:

Charlotte - that is TERRIBLE!!!! What a nightmare, no wonder you don't

sleep well!!! I am surprised you can still smile that lovely smile of yours!! :wub2:

Yes, as of today, I'm officially upside down on the condo. The prices of housing have gone way down and the US economy is in a recession. I'm not sure where I'm going to get the money to pay the new assessment; however, I have my retirement to dip into. Again, not fair but, I have a 800+ credit score and I don't want that to drop due to all this nonsense. I'll do what I have to do.

Oh that is a dreadful story Charlie :shocked: Has the actual value rissen...or do you owe more than it is worth now (negative equity)?

I beleive that everything happens in life for a reason. I'm not sure what the hell this reason is; however, one can choose to be a victim or choose to overcome. I've always chosen to "overcome" all obstacles in life. Sometimes it's difficult but, I think becoming a victim is even more difficult. I've seen too many people choose to become a victim and it seems that everything just keeps slipping away for them.

Always smile no matter what and believe in yourself. Okay, my little pep talk is over. LOL!!

I love you guys and I'm so glad I have this place.

Charlotte - that is TERRIBLE!!!! What a nightmare, no wonder you don't

sleep well!!! I am surprised you can still smile that lovely smile of yours!! :wub2:

We\are getting good at this avaoiding each other Wendi!

See you later I hope!, just seen how close to 16,000 you are!!!:thumb_yello:

I would love to! I would love us all to be able to go to a gig....maybe one day we will have another 'Glasgow' when a lot of the Oldlings were there...it was fantastic!!!:thumb_yello:

Yay! I am excited for you! I have something to look forward to! I'll live vicariously through the two of you!:thumb_yello:

We\are getting good at this avaoiding each other Wendi!

See you later I hope!, just seen how close to 16,000 you are!!!:thumb_yello:

Leaving me AGAIN :tears:

Its ok - I am not going to take it personally :sneaky2:

I received 400 lollies in the post today!!! :shocked: