The Oldling Thread -- Lucky #13!!!

dcdeb

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was there any new damage during the last earthquake? The caption under the picture says the cathedral had been damaged by both fire and earthquake. I have a friend who writes about Victorian England.

I think there was some yes. It fetched chimneys down and tials off roofs.

Christina, the earthquake was quite an experience a couple of weeks ago, I didn't hear of any major damage. A few chimneys here and there, and there was a report on the TV about a period house got damage to the walls, it was so old. I think it felt worse than it was.

seems like it has been busy here, having tomorrow morning off, so may get some housework done if not dostracted by something less boring.

Hope everyone is better than they were yesterday, and remember tomorrow will be even better than today.

we went to Lincoln one weekend, such a horrible drive from where I live, did nothing when there as son mikaling was involved in a short film being shot there. locals were friendly though we had a good time with them.

Hi Leona! Yumm, German chocolate is my family's fav! I need to bake another one! Do you have any plans for spring break.

OK, really not here, I'm cooking dinner!

Hey Christina!

whats for dinner? chicken?

Alas, I have a ton of homework, will probably just go out once or twice, a friend wants to go to the Ruth Page dance center & the historical society.

know what? I got a notice from my Edgewater neighborhood group- get this, they are planning to fill in my little spot of lakefront here with LANDFILL , this whole area will be changed so they can extend Lake Shore Drive further north. They're going to turn official Chicago park district parks into landfill??Edgewater won't be on the edge of the water anymore? !! and all those expensive condos along the lake will lose their value quite quickly.

It's a mess, I'm going to find out more, I may need to go picket or demonstrate or something.

Hello, I'm a bit late this evening, due to going to London. Don't know why when I go there I end up getting back late, well I do, it's 'cause the traffic is always rubbish when I go there, and I seem to get stuck in traffic for hours on end, which sucks, but at the moment the longer I'm out, the more money I get, so I can't complain too much, heh, heh.

How are my fellow Oldlings this evening?

Hello, I'm a bit late this evening, due to going to London. Don't know why when I go there I end up getting back late, well I do, it's 'cause the traffic is always rubbish when I go there, and I seem to get stuck in traffic for hours on end, which sucks, but at the moment the longer I'm out, the more money I get, so I can't complain too much, heh, heh.

hello! Oldlings seem to be scarce now. RL?

(when I first joined here I didn't know you all meant Real Life by RL.

I kept reading stuff like " and then RL interrupted me again"

and I thought- what a coincidence,

so many people's spouses have initials RL!!)

Hi Penguin! *looks at clock* It is quite late for you now, isn't it? :blink:

hello! Oldlings seem to be scarce now. RL?

(when I first joined here I didn't know you all meant Real Life by RL.

I kept reading stuff like " and then RL interrupted me again"

and I thought- what a coincidence,

so many people's spouses have initials RL!!)

ROFL! Although, that's not that far off base - spousal interruptions are a big part of Real Life. :roftl: