The Oldling Thread -- Lucky #13!!!

dcdeb

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

night is supposed to be restful, all is calm and everyone is smiling, but you don't know why, what do you do , start looking puzzled, then check you are properly dressed, sit down and wonder why.

Have you forgotten? I have. And when I go to the doctor's and they ask my age, I have to think about it. However, myspace so conveniently calculates my age for me.:naughty::roftl:

The other day I was wondering what my right age was. I'm really getting old :shocked: Maybe I need a cheat paper with me at all times, with my name, adres, age etc.

Hi Leona! Sorry to have run out of you yesterday. Looked up Edgewater and you are not too far from my brother!

Hi Christina! I have to read back a few more pages, but I wanted to post this-

http://www.dawghauscafe.com/HOME.html

this is 2 blocks East of my apt., at the end of my street are 2 old mansions, now part of park district/cultural center. last year some wonderful people took the coach house of one of them & made it into a cafe, there is a little stage outside , they have live bands a few nights a week, for free! I hung out there all last summer (it closes in Oct, too cold/rainy until early summer)

It feels like its my front yard, there's a path & some rocks & bam! the lake is

RIGHT THERE, no barriers, a few yards north & there's a little section of beach, you can climb down the rocks & swim. It is a tiny spot of heaven, some parts of lakefront in front of condos is all fenced off, private. Or, it's very popular, crowded, gets lots of litter. This spot is perfect. You can sit on the rocks & watch the moon rise, huge & orange, it feels like you can touch it. I would go there with my books, do homework all afternoon, listen to the band, wait for moonrise. perfect!

I cannot BELIEVE the city would let some developers talk them into considering ruining this .

OK, rant over!

The other day I was wondering what my right age was. I'm really getting old :shocked: Maybe I need a cheat paper with me at all times, with my name, adres, age etc.

you would need to get a youngling to write it down correctly, lol :thumb_yello:

They do say that it is good for emergencies. I went to a health fair and they told me I should also have my normal blood pressure recoded along with all my meds that I take. I think that card is still in my purse.

Yes, maybe a youngling should help write it all out to make sure it's all correct!:naughty:

Hi Christina! I have to read back a few more pages, but I wanted to post this-

http://www.dawghauscafe.com/HOME.html

this is 2 blocks East of my apt., at the end of my street are 2 old mansions, now part of park district/cultural center. last year some wonderful people took the coach house of one of them & made it into a cafe, there is a little stage outside , they have live bands a few nights a week, for free! I hung out there all last summer (it closes in Oct, too cold/rainy until early summer)

It feels like its my front yard, there's a path & some rocks & bam! the lake is

RIGHT THERE, no barriers, a few yards north & there's a little section of beach, you can climb down the rocks & swim. It is a tiny spot of heaven, some parts of lakefront in front of condos is all fenced off, private. Or, it's very popular, crowded, gets lots of litter. This spot is perfect. You can sit on the rocks & watch the moon rise, huge & orange, it feels like you can touch it. I would go there with my books, do homework all afternoon, listen to the band, wait for moonrise. perfect!

I cannot BELIEVE the city would let some developers talk them into considering ruining this .

OK, rant over!

Wow, Leona, that looks absolutely beautiful!

Your description certainly sounds like you have a bit of heaven not far from your front steps!:thumb_yello:

They do say that it is good for emergencies. I went to a health fair and they told me I should also have my normal blood pressure recoded along with all my meds that I take. I think that card is still in my purse.

Yes, maybe a youngling should help write it all out to make sure it's all correct!:naughty:

I saw in a magazine that there are keychains available with a little usb stick in them where you can save all your medical records and stuff

Wow, Leona, that looks absolutely beautiful!

Your description certainly sounds like you have a bit of heaven not far from your front steps!:thumb_yello:

yes, thank you, it is gorgeous, apparently I'll have to sharpen my claws to fight for it!

The apt. building I live in is 1 of 2 called "Artist in Residence", my Uncle's brother rehabbed them in 80s, he was kind of a patron of the arts in this neighborhood. My block is called "Honorary Jack O'Callaghan Way" after him. He encouraged all kinds of artists to live here, we have a rehearsal studio, computer room, painting room, sculpting room. They used to have potlucks & a gallery thing, people used to be more involved. He was instrumental in convincing the alderman to save those 2 mansions & their grounds ( from condo developments) they are now "Berger Park ". He died late 90s, new company bought buildings, things changed.

Still some artists living here, but a lot more 19 year olds with many tattoos & piercings posing as artists/musicians ( that's my Oldling subjective opinion!) The "artist community " feeling has kind of disintegrated, but that can be turned around. I'm pretty sure I'm the oldest tenant in the 2 bldgs!