HM (Happy Memories) - 2007 January gigs

robertina

Thanks for your work!!

I knew his music, but wasn't a member of this amazing forum (shame on me:thumbdown: :sneaky2: ) so I missed a lot. Now all the new ones have the opportunity to read and watch about all those gigs we've missed:thumb_yello: (I'll be missing november 11, that's my Mika trauma....when he was playing at Hmh Amsterdam, I was taken into hospital because of a severe pneumonia, and had to sell my tickets:thumbdown: :tears:)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was also the londonpaper interview that month... I'll upload it later.

Did you want interviews as well, Robi? Because I have a couple bookmarked

from January. Just a little obsessive... :blush-anim-cl:

And thanks for these links, Niki! There's at least one I haven't seen before. :)

dcdeb

we can decide together what to do...this is not robertina exclusive! :thumb_yello:

add whatever you like...i don't think it will be wasted!!! :roftl:

everything about january 2007...i think it's fine!

Oh yes I just realized you initially wanted live performances... sorry :blush-anim-cl:

I have more interviews for Jan 2007... shall I post?

I must also have things for December 2006 actually ... shall I post them here too?:naughty:

I saw the HM 2007 February gigs thread, so I had to go back and find January, too!

So i'll sum them up in two threads, one for january and one for february. i'm sure it will be good for us to remember and for the newbies to know what happened one year ago...when we all were younger and fresher! :naughty:

What a great idea, thank you robertina! I missed SO much last year. *cries* Now I can relive what you all experienced, and maybe pretend I was there, lol. (I'm crazy, haha.) Mika at the beginning of his career...:wub2:

Absolutely. This was the first MFC meet up and back when Mika used to reply to your messages on myspace and leave you comments LOL :lmao:

Gah! Why oh why couldn't I have been a fan then?! *falls over* When did he stop replying, and the "Mikasounds" posts begin?

BUMP !!!

Awww what a lovely thread Robi !

Happy memories of Fopp on January 29th. This was the first time Kev and myself saw the Mikster in the flesh and he was truly AMAZING :wub2:

I gave him some jelly lollipops shaped like animals, (one was a chicken LOL !!) he signed our Grace Kelly CD and kindly posed for photos (even though time was limited).

We feel very priviledged to have seen MIKA in such a small, intimate venue and much that it's great to see his career blossoming and his popularity spreading, oh how I miss the old days, sigh...

Anyways, here's just a few of our photos from that wonderful evening...

Fopp001.jpg

Fopp002.jpg

Fopp003.jpg

Fopp004.jpg

Fopp005.jpg

Fopp008.jpg

Thanks Wendi :biggrin2:

I remember seeing these pictures way back when and remember thinking ah she looks lovely, how nice LOL

And you were nice too!

Awwwww bless ya Jems - and you're pretty darned lovely too :wub2:

See you soon

Mwaaah x

This is a nice idea for a thread but it makes me sad too, cos I first heard Mika on the Friday night Project in Jan I think last year and spent until may reading as many interviews and watching all those lovely utube vids of him and just getting more and more into him, I even used to come and lurk on MFC reading bits and bobs until I finally gave in in May and joined, but I wish I had joined as soon as I got into Mika but I didn't know about MFC until I think it was Cazgirl pointed me in this direction after the my space competition thing.

so my first Mika gig was May 13th at Leeds but I wish it had been sooner.

I even used to come and lurk on MFC reading bits and bobs until I finally gave in in May and joined, but I wish I had joined as soon as I got into Mika but I didn't know about MFC until I think it was Cazgirl pointed me in this direction after the my space competition thing.

Don't be sad Sparkly1 - I lurked until May too - then joined! (I still lurk a lot even now, 'cos quite frankly some of you SCARE me ha ha :roftl: :roftl:)

We didn't know him at the time, but at Fopp we were in the queue next to the outrageously entertaining Dazzle :naughty: It wasn't until the next day we found out he goes to Uni with one of our friends - what a small world!!! :shocked:

thanks blue eyes! sharing yr memories was a kind and lovely moment...

yes i think when mika talks about ppl 'from the beginning' means you who had the chance and good will to foolow him when he was barely no one...

now our support is something 'natural', following the trend...at the beginning it was a mere fact of faith! :blush-anim-cl:

one more...

Fopp006.jpg

Awww, thanks for adding the link dcdeb :huglove:

Oh, you bet, Jules -- IIRC, yours was one of the first myspace

pages I saw with Mika photos/video and I would go back to it

often!

Look at you in your Queen shirt! :wub2:

dcdeb

no videos for Maida Vale found in the net...the ones in youtube were removed, stage 6 (where our fab bab uploaded the gig) has been closed down...has any of you the chance of uploading it somewhere?

now bab's youtube account is suspended....where shall we go for videos?:crybaby:

I'm uploading them here http://www.myspace.com/spoonorchestraofchiswick, Robi, but I haven't done them all yet.

I can upload it on Megauplod if u want but it's a huge file! 384 Mb