The "Yasmine Penniman Appreciation" Thread

CazGirl

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

*subscribes*

I never managed to actually talk with her, but I really, really, REALLY admire her works. They have something perfect, everytime I take one of the cd/singles/vinyls I keep staring at the artworks, how beautiful they are, the perfectly mixed up colors, all those details...:wub2: she's great!

She's amazing. In every way! Love her:thumb_yello:

I know someone who bought LICM just because of the artwork, she didn't even know Mika:blink: But, when hearing Grace Kelly, she immediately felt in love with Mika too:naughty:

Yasmine is indeed a brilliant artist, she brings Mika's characters and concepts to life wonderfully. When my friend told me to listen to Life in Cartoon Motion the first time half of the reason that I even agreed to was because I loved the cover artwork. She shows real attention to detail and has an excellent grasp of the cartoon medium.

dawackbm8.jpg

Here's an article on her from the March edition of Vogue Magazine USA (click on it for a larger version):

yasminejk3.jpg

I've been looking for a copy of it all over Melbourne and can't find it anywhere. :no: (Btw, am I the only one who thinks Mika looks pointless and out of place there? I mean, he only got a one line mention. :naughty:)

I simply love her style: very light and colourful materials with interesting textures in elegant cuts with chunky jewelry and the signature fringe. :wub2: I'd kill to know where she shops, it's hard to find unique pieces like the ones she wears.

Another example:

pennimansuk8.jpg

Oh, and I do find her pen name "DaWack" amusing. It reminds me of my Turkish and Lebanese friends' attention-seeking false-bravado car license plates "DAMAD1" etc. :naughty:

(P.S. Those pictures are from public sources like Vogue Magazine, Mika's official MySpace page and Getty Images so I think they're perfectly fine to post.)

I've been looking for a copy of it all over Melbourne and can't find it anywhere. :no: (Btw, am I the only one who thinks Mika looks pointless and out of place there? I mean, he only got a one line mention. :naughty:)

I can mail you mine (it's 3 inches thick!) Or I can just send you the one page article. :thumb_yello:

I love Yasmine for many reasons-here are a few:

1) She's really talented. Her drawings are just amazing. She just picks up a pen and produces a masterpiece.

2) She's effortlessly stylish. She always looks fab and she's so pretty too.

3) She's a really nice person. I have never met Yasmine but people who have say she's lovely. She always seems polite and an all round pleasant person to know.

GO YASMINE!