New Yorker Thread

i wish i didnt live in ny because u always take it for grantid u know like u never visit the sites in where u live u always say o tomorow but u never do like i have lived in ny all my life and never gone to the top of the empire state building never fully gone shopping cuz everything is to expensive never gone to ellis island (though i was supposed to in 4th grade but my school thought it was to dangerous because it was a year after 9/11) i have never really done all the good touristy things:sneaky2:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

when I went the main theme for that month, was John Lennon,and they had his bed there ( what? haha ) personal belongings,and as sad and morbid as this is, the glasses he was wearing when he got shot, which still had bits of blood on them.

I've been told I'm strange and morbid, and I think that's kind of awesome. xD

Yet sad..of course..

i wish i didnt live in ny because u always take it for grantid u know like u never visit the sites in where u live u always say o tomorow but u never do like i have lived in ny all my life and never gone to the top of the empire state building never fully gone shopping cuz everything is to expensive never gone to ellis island (though i was supposed to in 4th grade but my school thought it was to dangerous because it was a year after 9/11) i have never really done all the good touristy things:sneaky2:

Very true.

I think me and erinsinterpretation were talking about this the other day actually.

I feel like especially after 9/11 a lot of those really cool touristy things were closed down for a while, or shut down completley. Like you used to be able to go inside ellis island,which i'm pretty sure you can't anymore,and you cannot go all the way up the statue of liberty either.

Very true.

I think me and erinsinterpretation were talking about this the other day actually.

I feel like especially after 9/11 a lot of those really cool touristy things were closed down for a while, or shut down completley. Like you used to be able to go inside ellis island,which i'm pretty sure you can't anymore,and you cannot go all the way up the statue of liberty either.

o really:blink: i was at the top of the statue of liberty when i was like 5 i think:naughty: i also never saw the world trade center until after it 9/11 it was only about 2 months after so u could still really see the site :sad:

Very true.

The Statue of Liberty is actually in New Jersey.:naughty:

I couldn't find my way to the top when I went.I was about..nine or ten. My family aren't too bright.:lol3:

Very true.

Yeah i went to see the statue of libertty (I said hey girl what a lonely lonely life haha) and we couldnt go up her head my mom thought it was because we were shifty canadians in tourist apparell :roftl: But it was because of 9/11

The Statue of Liberty is actually in New Jersey.:naughty:

I couldn't find my way to the top when I went.I was about..nine or ten. My family aren't too bright.:lol3:

HAHA,wow, is it really?

I guess since you have to take the ferry over from new york, i figured it was in new york.

....which makes absolutley NO sense.

o really:blink: i was at the top of the statue of liberty when i was like 5 i think:naughty: i also never saw the world trade center until after it 9/11 it was only about 2 months after so u could still really see the site :sad:

I never visited there. But I did visit the Empire State Building. A long time ago.

You guys might shoot me' date=' but I'm not a big fan of New York. Too crowded for me. And I hate the city traffic.

Visiting once in a while is fun for me. I'm just more of a nature person, I guess. I like looking around and seeing lots of trees and stuff. Not like where I live if full of trees.:sneaky2:

But some parts are very lovely.[/font']

I never visited there. But I did visit the Empire State Building. A long time ago.

You guys might shoot me, but I'm not a big fan of New York. Too crowded for me. And I hate the city traffic.

Visiting once in a while is fun for me. I'm just more of a nature person, I guess. I like looking around and seeing lots of trees and stuff. Not like where I live if full of trees.:sneaky2:

But some parts are very lovely.

i am not a big fan of ny either dont worry lol:naughty: i am not a big fan of the us *runs and hides* i like europe more

You guys might shoot me, but I'm not a big fan of New York. Too crowded for me. And I hate the city traffic.

i remember passing through new joisey on my way to NYC and my parents going "I WONDER IF WE'LL SEE TONY SOPRANO!" :roftl: Sorry i just had that memory come back up. It reminded me a lot of Hamilton for some reason...

HAHA,wow, is it really?

I guess since you have to take the ferry over from new york, i figured it was in new york.

....which makes absolutley NO sense.

xD

It's okay, most people don't know that. Like Mika.:sneaky2::roftl:

It's in Jersey City, I think.

"It stands at Liberty Island (owned by New York but physically on the New Jersey side of the New York Harbor)"

If you want to get technical, it's IN New Jersey, but New York ownz it.

I know what you mean.

It's nice to see woods and mountains.

I absolutley HATE being in time square, (unless its june 15th 2007 and i'm talking to mika after his show @ nokia *remanises*.....i'm so gay) anyhoo...

it's almost scary time square, i was there a few weeks ago for TRL a few days before that small bomb went off in the recruiting center. actually...i took the subway from that station uptown.

i am not a big fan of ny either dont worry lol:naughty: i am not a big fan of the us *runs and hides* i like europe more

Good thing you're going to college in Paris then.:sneaky2: Lucky thing' date=' you! haha[/font']

i remember passing through new joisey on my way to NYC and my parents going "I WONDER IF WE'LL SEE TONY SOPRANO!" :roftl: Sorry i just had that memory come back up. It reminded me a lot of Hamilton for some reason...

The Sopranos was filmed in my town!:roftl:

They used my church's parking lot to park their buses with equipment and stuff.:lol3:

I know what you mean.

I absolutley HATE being in time square, (unless its june 15th 2007 and i'm talking to mika after his show @ nokia *remanises*.....i'm so gay) anyhoo...

it's almost scary time square, i was there a few weeks ago for TRL a few days before that small bomb went off in the recruiting center. actually...i took the subway from that station uptown.

:shocked: I loved time square, (me being a city girl and all ) I went to eat At Mars 2112, anyone been there? You take a spaceship to the restaurant it's awesome.

The Soprano's, a show I've never seen.

Anthony ( I think that's his first name ) Gandolfini was one of the dean's in my highschool's cousin. And, an old principle of my highschool was Ozzy Davis And Ruby Dee's daughter. As cool and famous as her parents were, nobody liked her. hahahahaha.

Good thing you're going to college in Paris then.:sneaky2: Lucky thing, you! haha

The Sopranos was filmed in my town!:roftl:

They used my church's parking lot to park their buses with equipment and stuff.:lol3:

:lmao::lmao: be proud, jessy, be proud.

"heyya can wez put ow gunz in yo yahd?"

I know what you mean.

Hehe, the good ol' days!

Or August 10 and you camp out literally all night. hahaa

When did that bomb thing happen!?:shocked:

Anthony ( I think that's his first name ) Gandolfini was one of the dean's in my highschool's cousin. And, an old principle of my highschool was Ozzy Davis And Ruby Dee's daughter. As cool and famous as her parents were, nobody liked her. hahahahaha.

it's horrible so much cursing and death.

I've never watched it either, and it was filmed here.:naughty:

:lmao::lmao: be proud, jessy, be proud.

"heyya can wez put ow gunz in yo yahd?"

:roftl: Finally, my town is a little useful.