The Ex-Yu Thread (part 3)

Gasha

Yes, that's right! ¡Hola! ¿Cómo estás? :wink2: I'm an archaeologist, and now a full-time MFCer, since I'm waiting for my next dig to start (in fact I should be studying for a public competition, but...) How about you?

"Next dig"...it sounds almost like "next GIG"!:wink2: It sounds really interesting! What's the most interesting place that you have been working on?

I finished architecture last summer, and since then I'm working at university...something like an apprentice assistent . But it will last just for one year...:thumbdown:

I am hoping they will keep me longer, because I have no idea what else could I do. I'm not really interested in working in practise... And I'm on PhD studies as well... And full-time MFC-er, ofcourse!!!:wink2:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Knock Knock, bok! May I come in? I'm Spanish, but I love the ex-Yu, so I thought I might as well pop in and say hi. Missgaga, thanks for the invitation, you're soooooo nice:huglove:! So, kako si danas?

hello!:flowers2:

"Next dig"...it sounds almost like "next GIG"!:wink2: It sounds really interesting! What's the most interesting place that you have been working on?

I finished architecture last summer, and since then I'm working at university...something like an apprentice assistent . But it will last just for one year...:thumbdown:

I am hoping they will keep me longer, because I have no idea what else could I do. I'm not really interested in working in practise... And I'm on PhD studies as well... And full-time MFC-er, ofcourse!!!:wink2:

eeeeeeeej!:mf_rosetinted:

ti si asistent? ej, pa nisan ni ja to znala:sneaky2:

Hahahahaha, I had never thought about that, my next GIG:roftl: I've been working in many interesting places, if you want to see some of the pics, I've posted them here:http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13888

My dad's an architect! I've been surrounded by plans and drawings since I can remember. In fact, my job has a strong relationship with architecture: I work side by side with the architect in the restautation works of ancient buildings. So what's your PhD about? How fascinating it is!!!

My dad's an architect! I've been surrounded by plans and drawings since I can remember. In fact, my job has a strong relationship with architecture: I work side by side with the architect in the restautation works of ancient buildings. So what's your PhD about? How fascinating it is!!!

I don't know yet. We don't need to decide right now...since PhD studies lasts for three years, since Bologna declaration is acknowledged. I think it would be closely related to history of architecture... art, church heritage maybe. I still have time to decicde.

I'm going to see your pics now!

Yes, that's right! ¡Hola! ¿Cómo estás? :wink2: I'm an archaeologist, and now a full-time MFCer, since I'm waiting for my next dig to start (in fact I should be studying for a public competition, but...) How about you?

that really sounds fascinating!!!

you've probably been traveled everywhere!

I don't know yet. We don't need to decide right now...since PhD studies lasts for three years, since Bologna declaration is acknowledged. I think it would be closely related to history of architecture... art, church heritage maybe. I still have time to decicde.

I'm going to see your pics now!

So you might end up working in my field too! That would be amazing. If you ever need any help just ask, I think I know a bit about History of architecture, as Dad's a restaurer architect (is it the right expression in English???) and it's also part of my job.

eeeeeeeej!:mf_rosetinted:

ti si asistent? ej, pa nisan ni ja to znala:sneaky2:

Maaaa....više kao demonstrator. Samo na godinu dana... Recimo da sam dovoljno kvalifikovana da sama držim vežbe, ali ne i da primam platu! :biggrin2: Al...to je ipak Srbija!

that really sounds fascinating!!!

you've probably been traveled everywhere!

Yep, I've travelled quite a lot, especially around Spain, I think I'm knowing places I would never know otherwise, and that's cool. But it's a very hard work as well, you must be really in love with it to hold on.

Bok mirandaa!!:flowers2: Wow, you girls make me feel really at home! Why on Earth didn't I enter before??

i feel partly responsible. i should have asked you immediately how do u know croatian. but i was new on forum(this is my first forum ever!!!) and i didn't...:thumbdown:

i feel partly responsible. i should have asked you immediately how do u know croatian. but i was new on forum(this is my first forum ever!!!) and i didn't...:thumbdown:

Oh, don't worry!! I didn't even know you had read my post, you know introductions sometimes run so fast and you certainly want to read something else:wink2: The important thing is I'm here till you gals kick me out!:roftl:

So you might end up working in my field too! That would be amazing. If you ever need any help just ask, I think I know a bit about History of architecture, as Dad's a restaurer architect (is it the right expression in English???) and it's also part of my job.

Who knows!:wink2:

Your pictures are amazing!

I just get so angry, because there is so much places in my country (ruins from prehistoric period, Roman period... fortresses, castles...or just objects from 18th. 19th. century)that needs to be preserved...and the gouverment cares so little about it. It seems like everybody is waiting to find some wholes in the law...so they can destroy everything that is old...just in order to get some more free space for building. Oh my "english in architecture" really sucs!:thumbdown::mf_rosetinted:

Oh, don't worry!! I didn't even know you had read my post, you know introductions sometimes run so fast and you certainly want to read something else:wink2: The important thing is I'm here till you gals kick me out!:roftl:

never! it's a refreshment to have a new member!!!:wub2:

Who knows!:wink2:

Your pictures are amazing!

I just get so angry, because there is so much places in my country (ruins from prehistoric period, Roman period... fortresses, castles...or just objects from 18th. 19th. century)that needs to be preserved...and the gouverment cares so little about it. It seems like everybody is waithing to find some wholes in the law...so they can destroy everything that is old...just in order to get some more free space for building. Oh my "english in architecture" really sucs!:thumbdown::mf_rosetinted:

shouldn't that be under unesco's protection?

i'm proud to say that i live in the city that's under unesco's protection!

No, it isn't, in our case. For eg. The Petrovaradin fortress, (the Exit festival takes place there) It can not be protected by Unesco, if we don't care about it ourselves, and our country didn't protected it first!

"Onoga trenutka kada se kandiduje, država mora materijalno da brine o njoj, a ne može ako nije pod zaštitom. Nije to nikakva birokratija, to je materijalna i moralna obaveza da se tamo ne grade oblakoderi. Mora da ide na Vladu da bi država preuzela odgovornost", izjavio je on.

"Srbuloviću smo poslali zapisnik da ne može da bude ni na privremenoj listi dok se ne zaštiti pred Vladom. Objasnili smo i gradonačelnici, i rekla je da ne zna da li je Tvrđava zaštićena na republičkom nivou. Sve je normalno, šta ima da se veruje ili ne veruje", izjavljuje Ćirilov.:mf_rosetinted: :mf_rosetinted: :mf_rosetinted:

Šta više reći...

Yes, in theory indeed it should, but politicians always try to hide evey finding from the public, so they don't have problems to enrich themselves even more with construction bussines, you know, corruption and all, we're up to the neck in it in Spain:thumbdown: That's why we are so poorly considered, I've even been threaten with a shotgun once! Can you believe it?? Did you like the piccies?

No, it isn't, in our case. For eg. The Petrovaradin fortress, (the Exit festival takes place there) It can not be protected by Unesco, if we don't care about it ourselves, and our country didn't protected it first!

"Onoga trenutka kada se kandiduje, država mora materijalno da brine o njoj, a ne može ako nije pod zaštitom. Nije to nikakva birokratija, to je materijalna i moralna obaveza da se tamo ne grade oblakoderi. Mora da ide na Vladu da bi država preuzela odgovornost", izjavio je on.

"Srbuloviću smo poslali zapisnik da ne može da bude ni na privremenoj listi dok se ne zaštiti pred Vladom. Objasnili smo i gradonačelnici, i rekla je da ne zna da li je Tvrđava zaštićena na republičkom nivou. Sve je normalno, šta ima da se veruje ili ne veruje", izjavljuje Ćirilov.:mf_rosetinted: :mf_rosetinted: :mf_rosetinted:

Šta više reći...

a baš..

kako ona može ne znat?!!! još bolje: reć da ne zna..:boxing: