Please please read this with an open mind

racha

If he is ever to hold an aftershowparty again, I do not think that it would be a good idea to distinguish between MFCers and non-MFCers.

Oohhhh i never intended my post to say "Mika SHOULD hold two different parties for MFCers and non MFCers." If you got that impression I apologise. I was trying to point out if there would be a difference in character if it happened. I know that a few MFCers mobbed Mika but I'm pretty sure non-MFCers did too, but from my perspective it just appears to me that people seem to be blaming the mobbing to members of the MFC. Not saying it was only MFCers doing this, but the majority. What I was trying to boil it all down to was the fact that even though a good amount of non MFCers are pretty crazy and obsessive, and a good amount of MFCers are respectable, it works vice versa too. Being part of the MFC doesn't make you a "better" fan...

I think Caz was theoretically speaking when she brought up the separate parties scenario. Like you I think it could not be done and furthermore wouldn't make any sense. So I guess the (theoretical) question was really if there is a significant and noticeable difference in MFCers' behaviour opposed to that of non-MFCers

yarp! :thumb_yello:

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wanna party with Mika? Just pay! {in France at least}

:blink: does that mean you can BUY your way into his party in France? that seems kinda....I dunno it just sounds distasteful to me, I relaly don't like the sound of that.

I personally would like to make him laugh, because I love to hear that giggle and I hope one day I get the chance. If I never do, that's fine, his music is certainly a gift to the world.

WE did this at Newcastle after giving him the giggle bear (on my pic), he giggled at it back, it was really fab cos I'm addicted to his laugh and his sense of humour.

I've been a Claymate from day one, one of the saner ones, I promise. One thing Clay does is have random draws on his fanclub for meet and greet passes. About, 10 people are picked for each concert, to meet him backstage before the concert. They sit in a group, ask a few questions and they each get a picture. Then, after the concert, depending on weather and venue limits, people line up in a straight line and he walks the line very fast and people say hello. Also, he has the very indominable teddy bear Jerome for security, and he keeps things in line.

And when I watch the "Bad Bunny" ummm play? I think ol Mika appreciates a bit of the naughty fun. :wink2:

that sounds like it could be workable.

I know many will disagree.. but I think that is a great idea..

i mean, i know it's a pain cos like, people have already paid for concert tickets, but if they want to go to an after show party then i think tickets should be bought for too, to help seperate the ones that really want to go and those that aren't as fussed. Everyone wants a bite of something when it's free, but when it's got a price tag, a lot of people say "no deal", and therefore there won't be as many people too. I mean, I'm pretty sure a considerable amount will still manage to go, maybe several will somehow manage to worm their way through, but it may seperate the "hysterical" ones (MAYBE) and may help keep down the numbers.

wanna party with Mika? Just pay! {in France at least}

Hmm, I was very tempted to say that I'd be very surprised to see Mika having afterparties you have to pay for. Something inside my head makes me think it sounds just wrong and is so not Mika ('I want to keep it cheap'). It would offend sensibilities among the fans by parting them into a two-class system. Well, you might say that's what we have already ('MFCers are all decent while all the non-registered fans are rude...' :insane:) but that is something different. MFC doesn't cost. I'm against pay-fandom (if you are forced to pay in order to get access.. be it to a forum or a party)

I think that posh party in France was something entirely different. It was not one of Mika's things, just some parents buying their kiddies a Mika for a night. Bravo.

I'm not impressed. But then this has nothing to do with his own gigs. He can do as he pleases in his free time, and if that is what he wants, be it so. After all in France some seem to have a different gameplan when it comes to Mika.

Hmm, I was very tempted to say that I'd be very surprised to see Mika having afterparties you have to pay for. Something inside my head makes me think it sounds just wrong and is so not Mika ('I want to keep it cheap'). It would offend sensibilities among the fans by parting them into a two-class system. Well, you might say that's what we have already ('MFCers are all decent while all the non-registered fans are rude...' :insane:) but that is something different. MFC doesn't cost. I'm against pay-fandom (if you are forced to pay in order to get access.. be it to a forum or a party)

I think that posh party in France was something entirely different. It was not one of Mika's things, just some parents buying their kiddies a Mika for a night. Bravo.

I'm not impressed. But then this has nothing to do with his own gigs. He can do as he pleases in his free time, and if that is what he wants, be it so. After all in France some seem to have a different gameplan when it comes to Mika.

I agree.

And I didnt know about this party in France :blink: When? Where? Why? Huh? :blink:?

Das ist krank. I hadnt seen this but I'm pretty... :shocked:. Das ist... das ist krank.

Thanks for posting it here... it is.. weird. :blink: :blink:

Und meiner Meinung nach absolute KEINE gute Idee, vor allem nicht.. ähm, "da". Entschuldigung. Wie doof ist das denn????

Das ist krank. I hadnt seen this but I'm pretty... :shocked:. Das ist... das ist krank.

Thanks for posting it here... it is.. weird. :blink: :blink:

Und meiner Meinung nach absolute KEINE gute Idee, vor allem nicht.. ähm, "da". Entschuldigung. Wie doof ist das denn????

:naughty: Genau meine Meinung :fisch:

Well you can call it “krank” but things like that happen all the time, everywhere doesn’t it?

If you only have enough money…..:naughty:

My question is: Do you think Mika himself would stand over (English?) things like that and if so, why?

Please don’t shot me I’m just asking the question!:thumb_yello:

Well you can call it “krank” but things like that happen all the time, everywhere doesn’t it?

My question is: Do you think Mika himself would stand over (English?) things like that and if so, why?

Haha, I like the fact that Swedish & German are so close (not sure if "to stand over" the right term. It probably is but I dont know.) :naughty:

However - I HOPE he is/does. (Because.. hm, he is Mika? He is different from the artists I've "known" so far.) And I wished he was/did stand over it. But you never know. I mean, we have Brad Pitt here who is advertising for a telephone-company :blink:.

Just another question: what will people EXPECT when they pay for the party? Now they couldnt expect anything (and it endet like THAT) but what will they do when they think that they have paid to "get something"??? It's a scary thought :shocked: (IMO).

edit: It just occured to me that you might have meant "making his fans pay for the party" and not a general "selling himself & his talents". I dont think Mika would do this (but I have no idea). The FIAT thing was in his home town and that private party was-... I guess there is another reason beside the money; maybe he just wanted to see how it is (but who knows. Maybe he was also looking for a partner from the French Burgeousie. :blink:)

:thumb_yello:mine was only a matter of facts' statement, no hidden{negative}judgements

yep maybe a little off topic if you think "Private gigs are different from Public gigs" and so the "party part"

yay for no-profit fan thingy

care to elaborate this?

After all in France some seem to have a different gameplan when it comes to Mika

Is what I'm interested in

uhm..controll? push away?

I dunno if that party was in honour of a Mika's friend or a favour asked by some of the french entourage...but like Petra said, it's easy to imagine when you pay for an exclusive gig with the coolest singer in da house..that would be a more embarassing situation for the mikster that the nightmare we are picturing of our after gig@ Brixton

I mean, i don't think there were many respectful admirers in that occasion

As far as I've read, the main idea of that ralley (?) was to make your rich child hook up with another one's rich child.. so if you turn zp to hook up with someone anyway, why not try to snatch that guy at the piano over there? Or the lead singer? Or the background vocalist?

You're so right. Money makes the world go round and if it is earned relatively easily, why not take it. Of course I don't have the slightest idea about what was really behind that French fix-up party. Maybe it were really friends of his/his parents, I don't know. It just really rubs me the wrong way to think of Mika being purchaseable that way. Looking at the people he attracts, the whole diversity of age, origin etc... I want to think that Mika is for everyone, not reserved to the upper-class. And maybe there is not that much a difference between that sort of private posh party for spoiled bellows and those VIP aftershow parties racha attends due to her job. As 'classy' as those may be, this not anything that fits the Mika concept at all. During his gigs he manages to create a terrific, bouncy, screamingly colorful atmosphere. There's not exactly anything classy about it. A stiff dinner party style aftershow event is not what I see him doing. It would be so counterproductive (in the idealistic view of course, not money talking here). He'd lose credibility.

Haha, I like the fact that Swedish & German are so close (not sure if "to stand over" the right term. It probably is but I dont know.) :naughty:

However - I HOPE he is/does. (Because.. hm, he is Mika? He is different from the artists I've "known" so far.) And I wished he was/did stand over it. But you never know. I mean, we have Brad Pitt here who is advertising for a telephone-company :blink:.

Just another question: what will people EXPECT when they pay for the party? Now they couldnt expect anything (and it endet like THAT) but what will they do when they think that they have paid to "get something"??? It's a scary thought :shocked: (IMO).

Found 'stand above' (yep, I'm an online dictionary whore)

I think the paying for a VIP party would also serve another purpose. A feeling of importance and affiliation (and be it just bought) to an elaborate circle of better human beings.

:thumb_yello:mine was only a matter of facts' statement, no hidden{negative}judgements

yep maybe a little off topic if you think "Private gigs are different from Public gigs" and so the "party part"

yay for no-profit fan thingy

care to elaborate this?

After all in France some seem to have a different gameplan when it comes to Mika

Is what I'm interested in

Ohh yes, I know it was just a matter of fact thought thrown in here. A very interesting one by the way.

France, well, yes (thinks about how to put it, being well aware that she's moving on thin ice) ... Originally the 'some' was a 'they' btw, but I didn't intend to offend anyone.

What I want to say is that Mika and France go together like horse and carriage, apparently. His gigs in France are always something a little more special than anywhere else in the world. This may be for various reasons, maybe the ... oh sorry.. some French are particularly proud of the fact that he has spent his early childhood there and therefore can be seen as sort of a 'Product of France' or sort of property. Maybe he has that special link to the country as a place he lived in when the world was still in order for him. I don't think I go too far saying that you can literally see it in his eyes when he is in France, that it is special to him. For a fact he was big in France even before he became big anywhere else, as his songs are played a lot on French radio stations (even though they have that limitation concering songs sung in languages other than French). They put the Olympia gig on the DVD (I think) because it was in France. I would have loved to see the Koko performance on there, to be honest. Because it's sort of real.

It's okay. What did I want to say with my statement above? I think it's just due to his special connection to the country he might do things there he probably wouldn't consider doing anywhere else because they'd make him feel uncomfortable.

Then there was that mass crush at the idea of a last pic, though FD managed to get one with him and someone even tried to get on that pic too. Anyway FD was supposed to take it on MY camera and Vix was near Mika after asking him her question so she kinda was on it but the pic didn't take so I don't have it and FD wanted a copy :blink: but there were others who took some at the same time too so he will have to snag one of those. (sorry Freddie you really ought to learn how to use a camera :naughty: ).

Ahhh. Thanks for that. I knew FD used someone else's camera, I didn't realise it was yours:)

And I'd only seen the group photos I took and have posted, so I was wondering what happened to the one he took. So maybe it was worth having my camera after all!

Well, after having seen the video with Mika's statement about the wristband issues (as in having too few) it really seems to me as if it was planned as an MFC event. I may be wrong, of course.

And if so it didn't really feel so wrong to me because I really think that most of those who 'have been there' and supported Mika 'from the beginning' are registered with the MFC.

I had made a print off of the people who signed up on the thread and had it with me. (I know, I know. But I am both a virgo and a teacher!) When I printed it there were 82 names I think. But it had been more like 75 for quite a while, so they probably weren't too far out with the original wrist band numbers. And it does seem as if they were for MFCers, not long time queuers, although that amounts to the same thing in many cases. Still, giving them out at 4 p.m. doesn't give people coming on from work a look in.

Someone has said that almost everyone did get in when the second lot of bands were given out, and as I was in that group, I'm eternally grateful.

*next time* I'll have a list and I'll give them out :) (we should be so lucky!)

Fairness is a touchy topic indeed. If it only weren't that subjective. You will find a lot of people yelling how unfair this or that was just according to the degree of their own dissatisfaction with one or another situation. Plus, people always go for more. So if fan A has gotten their autograph they were originally hoping for they think 'oh why not a pic in addition' ... If they don't get it and see others having it, it is 'unfair'. While people having had their pic taken would like to chat or just linger, basking in Mika's mere presence. If they're asked to move away it's unfair as they might have the impression others are allowed to talk to him for ages... Those who get nothing at all for whatever reasons - maybe because they don't want to annoy the 'star', leave a bad impression, are naturally not of the 'in your face' squad or simply can't do with crowds - those are often the ones who are least known for judging things or circumstances unfair.

Absolutely agreed.

Someone has said that almost everyone did get in when the second lot of bands were given out, and as I was in that group, I'm eternally grateful.

*next time* I'll have a list and I'll give them out (we should be so lucky!)

Yay go Ruth!! :thumb_yello:

With respect to the first part of what you said, almost is the correct word to use.... I have to admit I was a bit peeved when I got home after the gig to find out that all the people I had been queuing with, who originally had not recieved wristbands either, ended up getting them and I didn't. Ok in fairness when I read what happened in the afterparty, I wasn't so upset.. but still, it did bother me that somehow they all managed to get one and I got left out....

I have to say here that I am not attacking or criticising any of these people! It was great to meet them and they are all so lovely and I hope to meet them again. I am just confused about the distribution of the extra wristbands. Maybe it's cos it was my first gig so I was/am not a "known" MFCer or sth....I don't know. But I wasn't aware of extra wristbands at all, and then we all got separated in the rush into the venue, so maybe that's why I missed out.

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realise that you weren't in the after party! I was mostly aware that andi wasn't and I felt bad for her as I've met her before and she was in the MFC right at the beginning. And I was queuing near you. I'm so sorry.

Where were you inside for the gig?

I don't know how the extra wrist bands were given out, but I think avoca, Allegra and Rose came up with names, and sadly, and again unfairly, what you say may be true, that because you weren't 'known' you didn't get one. I had met Rose before and have always assumed she mentioned me. I wish I'd waved my list around but I only filled in what had happened by watching YouTube.

Which raises a whole other can of worms about fairness. It's a minefield!

And I didn't think the party was too bad. I mean, yes, people who were close stayed close, so I didn't see Mika, but I did enjoy the chance to meet other fans and the band. It's reported so negatively that it sounds like a riot and it wasn't. I think some people who did meet and have photos taken are feeling bad and having their enjoyment tarnished. Oh I've said all this in the other thread.

It doesn't seem that in the future there will be any after concert "gatherings" as long as individuals continue to take it up as a challenge of some sort to see how far they should go in crossing the lines of common decency and invading Mika's private life.

I might add that these are reasons that will have contributed to the family hiring a protection officer for Mika.

It is a sad and unfair world. If even the fans cannot behave, I dont want to know what non-fans would be willing to do.

I'm sorry for Mika because this is surely not what he had planned or expected.

It doesn't seem that in the future there will be any after concert "gatherings" as long as individuals continue to take it up as a challenge of some sort to see how far they should go in crossing the lines of common decency and invading Mika's private life.

I might add that these are reasons that will have contributed to the family hiring a protection officer for Mika.

I don't think ANYONE was on some personal challenge. Not at all. There were too many people, they were over-excited and some were a bit thoughtless. They didn't do what Mika asked but there was no security problem.

I understood that there had been threatening letters causing extra protection to be brought in over the last week. A separate - and utterly inexcusable - issue altogether.

Umm... I'm not an expert on celebrity protection arrangements but reading that I'm quite surprised he got somebody only now. I don't KNOW about the extent to which he still can move in his hometown/district whatever without being recognized and molested but I'd reckon it's not been much fun for quite a while. And I'm pretty sure during the London gigs week those problems have reached sort of a temporary peak level.

But I have to admit I find it hard to believe that that party was a main reason for hiring additional security staff. :boxed: I mean I was there and I didn't really like how it went but ... it's not like he had been in real danger.

It is a sad and unfair world. If even the fans cannot behave, I dont want to know what non-fans would be willing to do.

I'm sorry for Mika because this is surely not what he had planned or expected.

Well, normal non-fans would probably leave him alone. Oh, I guess you're talking about the hatemail sender(s)... get it. Well... John Lennon was murdered by a fan, wasn't he?

I wasn't referring only to the after "party" but rather to how some may have chosen to spend their free time in their pursuit of Mika afterwards.

Oh. Yes that, thought so when I said the party cannot be the major reason...