The Oldlings Thread, PART 14 (Version 2.0)

dcdeb

:lmfao: Well if she didn't her name wouldn't be anna

no comment, :thumb_yello:

I am teaching in the morning so I am saying goodnight to everyone, thanks for your wishes for my great nephew, if that is the right line.

good night. :thumb_yello:

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rhum and coke.....wow.....I'm drinking water.....:mf_rosetinted:

Being one of the Oldlings is fun:biggrin2:

yeahhhhhhhhhh i call it my friday night "rhum & coke" lol

sometimes i just fall asleep next to it lol but not tonight...

it tastes great!

Have a nice meal! What are you having?

Pizza and left overs.

I am teaching in the morning so I am saying goodnight to everyone, thanks for your wishes for my great nephew, if that is the right line.

Good night, weealx!

Nope, it's Not even 5pm here yet. LOL

Wow honestly? time is soo weird.

:biggrin2:

In dutch the name Anne can also be used for a boy. Bit oldfashioned though...

omg really? hahaha that's funny kind of like alice cooper. poor man.

Pffft :roftl:

thankyou, may need courier to make sure cd & dvd get there safely, nah just use royal mail. Do you thimk I could get him a ticket for hamsterjam. :thumb_yello:

AWW,not the opposition! Hehheh.

He could be Mikas youngest fan, but it might be a bit much for his little ear drums to bring him there.

I remember bringing my great niece to the R1 roadshow at Leicester, when she was 6 months old and she wasn't happy being too close to the stage, so I ended up hanging around the first aid caravan, while her mum and big brother went to watch the show.

Wow honestly? time is soo weird.

omg really? hahaha that's funny kind of like alice cooper. poor man.

I don't think it's quite the same. It is, or was, a quite common name in the northern part of Holland. We have a writer from that region who is quite know in Holland: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_de_Vries

Yowza, i would be pissed at my parents for ages

Like inspector Morse, I remember he was frustrated about the name his parents gave him. He always wanted to be called Morse. Only on his dying-bed he told Lewis his first name. I forgot what is was, though...

Like inspector Morse, I remember he was frustrated about the name his parents gave him. He always wanted to be called Morse. Only on his dying-bed he told Lewis his first name. I forgot what is was, though...

*is confused* my uncles go by their middle names...weird eh

My RL name is Anneke, quite common dutch name, especially 38 years ago:roftl: But when I was a kid I didn't like my name at all, I always told everyone that when I grew up I would change my name into Petra. I didn't, and now I'm quite pleased with my name.

my father always went by his middle name. All the kids in his family got the name of whatever Saint's day they were born on!

Funny tradition. I heard sometime that in Belgium every 7th son of a family was given the name of the king. I don't know if it is true, but I can imagine running out of boysname after six...:roftl:

Funny tradition. I heard sometime that in Belgium every 7th son of a family was given the name of the king. I don't know if it is true, but I can imagine running out of boysname after six...:roftl:

from doing some Genealogy, it seems that was a very common tradition for Roman Catholic French Canadians.

I am going to bed. Too bad, because I enjoy the MFC, but it is very late and I have to get up quite early in the morning for the sportgames of our daughters. So good night and sleep well!:punk:

good night! see you tomorrow!

Hello. It's a while since I did the night shift!:shocked: This time it is this horrible cold that is keeping me awake...difficult to sleep when one is sneezing all the time :shocked:

Oh well........since I was here almost to the end lasyt night I haven't really got an awful lot to say.:naughty:

My sons car key broke last night and we only had the one (thats all that came with it) I know that when we have tried to have a car key cut before it was difficult as they are coded or something so the one we got opened the doors but did not work the ignition so it looks as though we aare going to have fun and games.:shocked:

Oh well sleeping Oldlings...I hope that you are having very pleasant dreams....I can just imagine you all snoring gently!:roftl:

Oh, I missed Kath. Oh, I hope you can get some rest. I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. :huglove:

Hi Charlie. I am still here..just been driving myself nuts looking at various hotels and options re the convention....Kath needs a valium and it is only really day 1!:shocked:

Hope you are ok!:wub2:

Yikes, just remember that you can't please everyone.

Here's a good laugh. I saw Mika Sushi in L.A. today and I looked up the description of the restaurant and here's what it said...

"Mika is a good way to get one's daily iron quota before a lengthy round of shopping." :naughty:

I'm doing well, thank you...just giggling.

Hi Charlie. I am still here..just been driving myself nuts looking at various hotels and options re the convention....Kath needs a valium and it is only really day 1!:shocked:

Hope you are ok!:wub2:

perhaps coaches could organised from different regions.

Shari has experience of conventions, apparently attended queen conventions for hundreds of years,, I attended a queen convention and only one ageing lady turned up, brought her corgis with her.

bahahah..Oh WeeOne, here it is the middle of the night, i am on this thread like an addiction, and laughing raucously (well quietly raucously - it wouldn't do to wake the hubby- that would be unkind!)

Funny - when Shari first mentioned the Queen convention, i also pictured royalty and fussiness (although missed the corgis). :naughty:

Here's a good laugh. I saw Mika Sushi in L.A. today and I looked up the description of the restaurant and here's what it said...

"Mika is a good way to get one's daily iron quota before a lengthy round of shopping." :naughty:

:roftl: Love it! Seriously, I am sitting here at 5:56 am laughing my head off!:roftl:

Hello. It's a while since I did the night shift!:shocked: This time it is this horrible cold that is keeping me awake...difficult to sleep when one is sneezing all the time :shocked:

Oh well........since I was here almost to the end lasyt night I haven't really got an awful lot to say.:naughty:

My sons car key broke last night and we only had the one (thats all that came with it) I know that when we have tried to have a car key cut before it was difficult as they are coded or something so the one we got opened the doors but did not work the ignition so it looks as though we aare going to have fun and games.:shocked:

Oh well sleeping Oldlings...I hope that you are having very pleasant dreams....I can just imagine you all snoring gently!:roftl:

Sorry you're awake and feeling crummy, Kath. This Oldling ain't gently snoring as her hubby is loudly snoring......:thumbdown:

"Mika is a good way to get one's daily iron quota before a lengthy round of shopping."

Hi Char with the giggly wiggly bum (siggy that is :roftl: ) MMmmm Mika sushi sounds verrrrry yummmmmmy!