The Oldlings Thread, PART 14 (Version 2.0)

dcdeb

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is there such a thing as Oatabix? I like Weetabix, but Oatabix sounds much

better! :thumb_yello:

hello to whoever is still here, btw! :) I'm just on for a minute...

dcdeb

oatabix was launched last autumn (fall), never tried them. :thumb_yello:

I love your posts Vicky....I can never be arsed to make mine fancy...took me aout a year to get out of the habit of just clicking 'Qucik reply' I didn't even get to use smilies if I did that! :shocked:

Sorry to miss Robi........she has taken her translator brain to bed :roftl:

Night Wendi and Weealx and Vicky....see ya all soon :wub2:

Night Kath ( fancy night for you) :original::sleep_1::lol3:

hello :

just popped in to say hi

Hello !!!:wink2:

I am not anxious - just a bit puzzled.

It freaks the girls out a bit though!!!

I know ... sorry about that ....

That made me laugh Wendi!!!:biggrin2:

how you doing ? any news .... can;t read back here but see none in 660 thread !:thumbdown:

You OK?:wink2:

I really hope this is a silly joke and maybe even a fun and nice one but one that has yet to be explained. Had to laugh when you said you told courier is was lollipops and they could not reveal info !

Wonder if Rose has any knowledge about how that works in terms of privacy for clients etc? I see others have had similar stuff happening like FD ?:blink:

And as if by magic ....

As far as privacy for clients are concerned, with most big courier firms now, everything is done with barcodes. So all information is stored on them so although the clients details would be on the box or package, you won't be able to read them.

They are running the TV ad for it here Deb. A big lorry pulls into a lay-by and trucker gets out. Couple ask what he hauling and he said the new cereal from weeabix, it's called not-made-from-wheat-made-from-oats-instead-abix. The the woman say, they should have called it Oatabix! Quick sideways glance to the camera and there's the comedy.....

And as if by magic ....

As far as privacy for clients are concerned, with most big courier firms now, everything is done with barcodes. So all information is stored on them so although the clients details would be on the box or package, you won't be able to read them.

Ah secret plans and clver tricks!

Hiya and bye Rose! x

Sorry Pooh you just slipped in under the radar there! Sorry to miss you again, catch you soon I hope

thought you had gone, still waiting for horlicks, Bexxy is now officially the oldlings care, I took the liberty of employing her last night, on a compulsory voluntary basis, she wanted £5 an hour, I'm not sure if that was for everyone or to be paid by each oldling, now I negotiated it for nothing, classed it trainee oldling on voluntary basis. :thumb_yello:

better!

dcdeb

Yes ! full of oaty goodness :roftl:

did you eat there, and did frankenstein pay a visit? :thumb_yello:

No not then but i have before for lunch .... quite good , owow when Fankie comes out it's mad !!!!:shocked: Funny !!!:roftl: :roftl:

And as if by magic ....

Cheers love :wink2:

Nice to see you:thumb_yello:

Hi Pooh :biggrin2:

Bye Kath - hugs :wub2:

for your own safety refuse all annonomouse parcels, got to admit I find it rather scary, yea at first lollies may have been funny, but candles what's the story there???? fone couriers and tell them if they don't tell you you are calling police in, perhaps they might succumb, and use the freedom of information act.

I will give it a bash again tomorrow!!

better! :thumb_yello:

hello to whoever is still here, btw! :) I'm just on for a minute...

dcdeb

Hi deb

They are lovely - not as bitty as weetabix!!!

They are running the TV ad for it here Deb. A big lorry pulls into a lay-by and trucker gets out. Couple ask what he hauling and he said the new cereal from weeabix, it's called not-made-from-wheat-made-from-oats-instead-abix. The the woman say, they should have called it Oatabix! Quick sideways glance to the camera and there's the comedy.....

I wonder how long it will take to get Oatabix here -- I can find Weetabix

quite easily, just finished a box last week in fact. :thumb_yello:

Got booted off the server and only just let back on now. :boxed:

Yes, it's been quite a night... hopefully tomorrow will be steadier.

Tech guys say they think they've restored avatars... let's hope

the rest is done painlessly tomorrow, or even through the night! :naughty:

dcdeb

I wonder how long it will take to get Oatabix here -- I can find Weetabix

quite easily, just finished a box last week in fact. :thumb_yello:

Yes, it's been quite a night... hopefully tomorrow will be steadier.

Tech guys say they think they've restored avatars... let's hope

the rest is done painlessly tomorrow, or even through the night! :naughty:

dcdeb

Hiya Deb,

Oatabix sounds wonderful!

I am just listening to Celebration by Kool and the Gang courtesy of Freddie..."a celebration to last throughout the years... bring your good times and your laughter too. It's time to come together....everyone around the world come on!!!" YOW!!!:punk:

- need to read back and see if there is some secret msg FD is sending out.....?!?!? :biggrin2:

I suspect FD was arranging venue for oldlings party venue, Bexxy has agreed to be official oldling care on a voluntary basis, 30 year contract, also at all future mika gigs the oldlings will have a special area with our own horlicks and cocoa bar, Bexxy will do the fetching and carrying. No one dare ask for the volume to be turned down. :thumb_yello:

*thinks .. .. gotta find a way to get to Hamsterjam*:roftl:

good morning!

i will be working hard today (pls don't laugh i can see you) cause i have to, too much work and too less time....

so i'll be lurking....hopefully within tonight i'll post my HM threads, i really love doing this.

have a great day, or at least an acceptable one!

:wub2:

ps

for all the lurkers who don't post anymore...you know who you are...i miss you here...:wub2: :wub2:

good morning!

i will be working hard today (pls don't laugh i can see you) cause i have to, too much work and too less time....

so i'll be lurking....hopefully within tonight i'll post my HM threads, i really love doing this.

have a great day, or at least an acceptable one!

:wub2:

ps

for all the lurkers who don't post anymore...you know who you are...i miss you here...:wub2: :wub2:

Good Morning Robi,

I think you can't wait to get back to translating the powerpoint.

lets hope last night saw the last closing down and all the problems have been sorted, got to go to work now, hope you all have a good day.

thought you had gone, still waiting for horlicks, Bexxy is now officially the oldlings care, I took the liberty of employing her last night, on a compulsory voluntary basis, she wanted £5 an hour, I'm not sure if that was for everyone or to be paid by each oldling, now I negotiated it for nothing, classed it trainee oldling on voluntary basis. :thumb_yello:

Exceelent...because that way we don't even have to pay her the minimum wage!:thumb_yello: Good work!

Morning everyone:thumb_yello:

Got to go to work :thumbdown:

See ya tonight I hope. Robi are you going to the mountains tomorrow?

Bye everyone :wub2:

Hey ho Oldlings!

Not stoping long, just waiting for a job, was in London yesterday and going out with my my friend tonight, subject him to my Brixton piccies.

I 've got my camera usb connecter now, just have to get to the computer now and the piccies will be on, as long as the server holds up, heh heh.