The Oldlings Thread, PART 14 (Version 2.0)

dcdeb

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Leona! Sorry to have to leave after finally being able to get on the MFC. I hope it works later when I get back!

The forum has been on and off all day.

You off? See ya later :wub2:

Hi Carri!

So, Kath, you wanted it to be a Mika-esque get-together that just happened to be at a theme park,

or was it just MFC people meeting at the parK & going on the rides together?

Hi Carri!

So, Kath, you wanted it to be a Mika-esque get-together that just happened to be at a theme park,

or was it just MFC people meeting at the parK & going on the rides together?

When I suggested a convention to Freddie he suggested Alton Towers. It is possible to have conferences there so we ran with the idea. However, it appeared that people seemed more interested in how many rides they could go on and why they would have to pay more than the usual price (for the conference facility). So therfore, if people want to go there they may as well just go for a day out but to be honest I aren't particularly intersted in doing that. My kids were both members of the Rollercoaster Club of Great Britain and I have spent plenty hours at theme parks!:shocked:

oooh wheres wendi gone??

Kath - was a bit confused about the venue - assumed from the quick skim that it would be a day at Alton towers but in mika costume!

:roftl: I want a proper convention.....but will have to wait :naughty:

When I suggested a convention to Freddie he suggested Alton Towers. It is possible to have conferences there so we ran with the idea. However, it appeared that people seemed more interested in how many rides they could go on and why they would have to pay more than the usual price (for the conference facility). So therfore, if people want to go there they may as well just go for a day out but to be honest I aren't particularly intersted in doing that. My kids were both members of the Rollercoaster Club of Great Britain and I have spent plenty hours at theme parks!:shocked:

hmm - so really we need a nice hotel fairly centrally in Uk with conferebnce facilitiesa - maybe a nice pool, spa etc .c.c.c.c

Yes, I can see where you can have an OD of rollercoasters!

I've only been to a floral design convention thingy. (Lots of demonstrations, some really boring. A hideous amateur competition.)

what all happens at fanclub conventions?

Hey my best mates wifey had a baby on thursday !!! went to see him on sat - soooooo sweet! but huge compared to Vasso (the mum)

She is 5'2 with size 3 feet and a tiny tiny waste - baby Adam was 9lb 4 = 2 weeks over due, induced and then a caesar - get this - WITH FORCEPS!!!!!

I want doesnt get young lady!!

Awwwww:roftl:

I've only been to a floral design convention thingy. (Lots of demonstrations, some really boring. A hideous amateur competition.)

Shari is our resident expert...she sent me the itineary for the Queen convention which is this weekend. Lots of dvd showings of differnt gigs etc and competitions and all sorts of differnt Queen related stuff...sounds great..but that is why we need a bit more material if we want to make a full weekend of it...as we only have one album so far!:roftl:

Hey my best mates wifey had a baby on thursday !!! went to see him on sat - soooooo sweet! but huge compared to Vasso (the mum)

She is 5'2 with size 3 feet and a tiny tiny waste - baby Adam was 9lb 4 = 2 weeks over due, induced and then a caesar - get this - WITH FORCEPS!!!!!

wow. that's a big baby!

I hope she has lots of help while she's recovering!

I want doesnt get young lady!!

Holy cow!:shocked:

yeah - her mum is over from Athens for a month - I will assist if needs be - go and do hoovering etc,, Evie is desparate to baby sit!

Come on Carri...........you are supposed to be finding work for me...this would have been ideal!

Indeed Kath - Holy Cow was the comment I made when I saw the size of the bruiser in hospital - and forceps during a caesar - never heard of that before - apparently he was wedged down birth canal but was too wode to get out so they had to c section her and pull him back thru the other way with forceps!!

you would have thought they would have looked at the size of her and not let her go over due!!

Come on Carri...........you are supposed to be finding work for me...this would have been ideal!

I know - but these Greek MUms - no arguing !! Poor Derek - my mate - is left at home with her at the moment - he speaks as much Greek as she speaks english!!

Poor lad!

Sounds a dreadful birth poor woman.......arghhhhh! The very thought! As you say, doesn't sound as though it would have taken much working out!:shocked:

OK got to go..Ab about to arrive home form work..maybe back a bit later :wub2:

Poor lad!

Sounds a dreadful birth poor woman.......arghhhhh! The very thought! As you say, doesn't sound as though it would have taken much working out!:shocked:

OK got to go..Ab about to arrive home form work..maybe back a bit later :wub2:

ok hun - see you later!!

yup - not the best birth - Kingston upom thames general hospita; has one of the worst rates for death in child birth and emergency caesars!!

Hi Kath, yes can't wait for the decorating to start. It's about time after 26 yrs of marriage and 5 cats later we had a DECENT room to dwell in. Not only decorating, but new carpet and new sofa too......