Do you believe in SOUL MATES?

I don't know about soulmates, but there's this guy who goes to my church that my friend wants me to date.

He looks like a thin, young Ben Gibbard:

16218729-16218734-slarge.jpg

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Kourtney's my soulmate.

I need to get off my lazy ass and actually TAKE them, period.

Haha probably.

It's so ridiculous. I'm pretty sure my butt still hurts from sitting on the cafeteria bench for 5 hours. Can't wait to do it again.

i am a confused kid, ok?:roftl: I think where i live...the people are just omg wow..haha so i think if i move i might find someone.

but i think it'd be hard to find a soul mate because like billions of people and 1 is for you. that's like 1 out of over a billion chances of finding them ..so most likely you won't but people ARE happily married and much inlove with leads me to think there's not.

I do understand what you're talking about but I'd have to disagree.. It just doesn't make sense to me.. and it doesn't seem fair.. because what if your one person dies? or if you never get to meet them.. or something.. what if you live in a small town in india and your soulmate lives in canada for all you noe.. it's just weird.. plus i don't think that everyone's "person" necessarily has to have a twin soul to their own.. i guess..

finally i just like to think that everyone's unique..

I do understand what you're talking about but I'd have to disagree.. It just doesn't make sense to me.. and it doesn't seem fair.. because what if your one person dies? or if you never get to meet them.. or something.. what if you live in a small town in india and your soulmate lives in canada for all you noe.. it's just weird.. plus i don't think that everyone's "person" necessarily has to have a twin sould.. i guess..

Hahah hells yeah!:roftl:

I do!

my wishful thinking has only gotten my heartbroken sad to say, I thought I found him once, and I'll just sum up the story and say I was horribly mistaken and got my heart broken.

But I do believe that he is out there, and although I'm waiting, I'm certainly not gunna sit in my house and wait for him to knock on the door.

Hi Melanie

I believe that there are twin souls, yes. As well as soul mates. Twin souls have an added dimension, as I'm sure you are already aware.. of being able to join energy and do some pretty amazing things in their life times. Soul mates are also wonderful when you find them. :)

I do understand what you're talking about but I'd have to disagree.. It just doesn't make sense to me.. and it doesn't seem fair.. because what if your one person dies? or if you never get to meet them.. or something.. what if you live in a small town in india and your soulmate lives in canada for all you noe.. it's just weird.. plus i don't think that everyone's "person" necessarily has to have a twin sould.. i guess..

To me, these challenges and obstacles are all apart of the search for your soul mate. If it were easy, than it wouldn't be called love. I completely believe in twin souls. I don't think we have just ONE out there. I think they're are multiple.

It's hard to find your soulmate (if you even believe in the idea) So, that's all apart of the wait I guess.

Hi Melanie

I believe that there are twin souls, yes. As well as soul mates. Twin souls have an added dimension, as I'm sure you are already aware.. of being able to join energy and do some pretty amazing things in their life times. Soul mates are also wonderful when you find them. :)

I think Amy must be my twin soul...except she hates abba.

Hi Melanie

Hey there :)

I have the french version of your name:biggrin2:

I don't believe in soul mates. Sure, I believe that, with all the people in the world, there's got to be at least one person who will fit you completely, but I don't believe in the two halves put together to make a whole thing. I think that there are many people that could fulfill you and many people that you can fall in mad, passionate love with. When some say that they have found their "soul mate," maybe they have found just one of those people out there that makes them complete.

To me, these challenges and obstacles are all apart of the search for your soul mate. If it were easy, than it wouldn't be called love. I completely believe in twin souls. I don't think we have just ONE out there. I think they're are multiple.

It's hard to find your soulmate (if you even believe in the idea) So, that's all apart of the wait I guess.

ooo i'm rereading my post and it sounds so cynical..:mf_rosetinted:

anywho. maybe you're right i have absolutely no idea.. this whole love/life/belief thing is just all about faith.. you can imagine but you'll never get to the bottom of things n you'll never be able to prove anything.. so i'm just taking a wild guess you know..

but i do know that if i find someone and i fall in love and all that i wouldn't really be thinking about whether or not they're my soulmate..

Hello... I'm not sure who Amy is, I don't write here very often. I get a kick out of abba, but only when I'm in the right mood.

artsyfartsy17 :lmao:

Yeah you're still quite new, you'll get a hang of things soon enough :wink2:

im alexandra btw.

Do you think you have found your soul mate?

I don't believe in soul mates. Sure, I believe that, with all the people in the world, there's got to be at least one person who will fit you completely, but I don't believe in the two halves put together to make a whole thing. I think that there are many people that could fulfill you and many people that you can fall in mad, passionate love with. When some say that they have found their "soul mate," maybe they have found just one of those people out there that makes them complete.

Hi Hannah, I very much believe in individuality. It's a very uncomfortable feeling to not be grounded in yourself. The theory of twin souls/ soul mates is interesting to me though and a person can teach themselves to be aware of the occurance if they stumble on it. All good things to know for future choices!

I can explain myself more...because I think people assume that I'm just "a poet" and therefore a romantic...which makes me a dreamer a.k.a unrealistic...

LOL

Ever since I was a little girl, I watched my sisters and observed their mistakes with boys. They are both alot older than me, and have had their share of boyfriends.

I never had anyone...

I still, don't have a boyfriend (never have had one) and people find it strange because I'm boy crazy on the inside.

I've gone through tough times...LOST FAITH and alot of things...

BUT ONE THING ALWAYS REMAINED WITHIN MY HEART: The thought of someday falling in love. It seems like such a wonderful thing, to have someone in that way. So when bad times come and I feel like breaking down I always remind myself that the best is yet to come...besides my future career and success, I'm most looking forward to finding HIM.

I truly believe that he exists at this very moment, is hearing the same news... seeing the same moon and subconsciously is living to see me. Just like I'm doing for him.

IT is all about FAITH. LOVE is the one thing that I am amazingly passionate about. Alot of people, I've noticed those who have been in a few failed relationships are so quick to just say "well, you're young...live your life...LOVE SUCKS."

I think if I ever get hurt in that way...by love...I'll embrace the struggle and still believe what I believe.

artsyfartsy17 :lmao:

Yeah you're still quite new, you'll get a hang of things soon enough :wink2:

im alexandra btw.

Do you think you have found your soul mate?

Hi alexandra, thanks for filling me in about Amy.

Yeah, I believe a person can have lots of soul mates and I've several. How bout you?

I can explain myself more...because I think people assume that I'm just "a poet" and therefore a romantic...which makes me a dreamer a.k.a unrealistic...

LOL

Ever since I was a little girl, I watched my sisters and observed their mistakes with boys. They are both alot older than me, and have had their share of boyfriends.

I never had anyone...

I still, don't have a boyfriend (never have had one) and people find it strange because I'm boy crazy on the inside.

I've gone through tough times...LOST FAITH and alot of things...

BUT ONE THING ALWAYS REMAINED WITHIN MY HEART: The thought of someday falling in love. It seems like such a wonderful thing, to have someone in that way. So when bad times come and I feel like breaking down I always remind myself that the best is yet to come...besides my future career and success, I'm most looking forward to finding HIM.

I truly believe that he exists at this very moment, is hearing the same news... seeing the same moon and subconsciously is living to see me. Just like I'm doing for him.

IT is all about FAITH. LOVE is the one thing that I am amazingly passionate about. Alot of people, I've noticed those who have been in a few failed relationships are so quick to just say "well, you're young...live your life...LOVE SUCKS."

I think if I ever get hurt in that way...by love...I'll embrace the struggle and still believe what I believe.

Lots of people sure say LOVE SUCKS don't they!

You seem very sensitive and smart to me!

Mika has taught me quite alot about love again and for that I'm thankful.